• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Propietary blobs/files for Odin

Search This thread

jjjhitel

Feb 7, 2016
Incheon
what all are not working mate?

For now, I have fixed almost everything except vibration. But it still needs more tests including usb otg, flashing packages, and backup/restore. There might be some issues in flashing, because Xiaomi uses the EROFS filesystem on Mix 4. So I had to modify TWRP sources and now it can mount EROFS, but not sure about flashing.

I will release the dt very soon, and anyone who wants can work with it.

vamsi209

Nov 15, 2010
For now, I have fixed almost everything except vibration. But it still needs more tests including usb otg, flashing packages, and backup/restore. There might be some issues in flashing, because Xiaomi uses the EROFS filesystem on Mix 4. So I had to modify TWRP sources and now it can mount EROFS, but not sure about flashing.

I will release the dt very soon, and anyone who wants can work with it.
oh nicee thanks so much, are you planning to work on Rom device trees too?

vamsi209

Nov 15, 2010
Hey, i was able to create a boot.img file by using the twrp10 repository and the bootheader-workaround. I used fastboot to boot the image, but my phone just went black and i had to restart it. Sooooo, back to the drawing board for us.
so one of the dev who helped me by building aospa rom for g8x built a partially working twrp for mix 4
and these are the trees he made public for now, be careful, its trees need a lot of work i guess, dont know if the dev will make the required changes,
trees that he made public for now https://github.com/imjyotiraditya/msm-5.4-odin
also lets hope jjjhitel gets us the working twrp and trees :),
but from what jjjhitel was mentioning about mi 11 lineage rom, i think twrp will be of no use, as the mi 11 lineage rom uses its lineage recovery to install the rom, and flashing twrp is soft bricking mi 11 device , lets hope for the best

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-29-08-55-29.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-29-08-55-29.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2021-09-29-08-55-27.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-29-08-55-27.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 19

vamsi209

Nov 15, 2010
All of this is really nice to see... i had the Mi 11 Ultra (star) before i sold it and got the Mi Mix 4. I don't know why, but the members of the Mi11Ultra-forum are more focused on keeping MIUI... a discussion, why there's no sign of custom roms, ended with insults...
lol dont worry, every xiaomi device i owned before this device, are full screen notchless(only one device k20 pro), only bought k20 pro after seeing the custom rom support, i really hate miui, even after using it for a month or so, i just dont feel like using it, i really wish the devs who r doing their (gods) work for us come out as soon as they are done working on it.
thanks devs :)

Reactions: SanHelios
I don't know, where i red it, but one dev told that there are some lines in the devicetreee somewhere, that prevent the device from working properly, when you try to use kernel/devicetree/vendor without the original software (in our case MIUI)... maybe that's the problem of the published stuff by Xiaomi.

Top Liked Posts