• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question ProtonAOSP 12.1 from @kdrag0n early access is worth it...

Search This thread
You install one of two ways. Install through a browser which is recommended by developer or download and flash like the normal factory image. Also, there is a vanilla version and a Gapps version. No custom recovery needed. Once installed, gaining root was same process as we use on factory OS.

Disclaimer, device data will be wiped when installing OS and of course wiped a second time when rooting (disabling verity and verification).

Reactions: Att.Fan1982

Edmontonchef

Nov 30, 2016
edmonton
Google Pixel 6
Screenshot_20211126-223917.png

cadenzar

Dec 5, 2021
@VozerCozer @phaino00 hello sir.. Do I need to root my pixel 6 if i want to flash this protonaosp??

is there many customizations on that rom? i would love to know if we can remove totally the navigation bar if i install that rom? it really annoys me the ARROW BACK and the Navigation bar Line in the bottom of the Screen.. Hope it can be disappear on ProtonAosp...

Do I Really need to UNLOCK bootloader of my PIXEL 6???
@VozerCozer @phaino00 hello sir.. Do I need to root my pixel 6 if i want to flash this protonaosp??

is there many customizations on that rom? i would love to know if we can remove totally the navigation bar if i install that rom? it really annoys me the ARROW BACK and the Navigation bar Line in the bottom of the Screen.. Hope it can be disappear on ProtonAosp...

Do I Really need to UNLOCK bootloader of my PIXEL 6???
Yes, you need to unlock bootloader to install ProtonAOSP. Root is not needed. Concerning features, @VozerCozer's review gives a good overview.

do we have a tutorial how to unlock bootloader?? i would like to install this rom .. I think its stable enough
Google's instructions are the best. Here: https://developers.google.com/android/images

Two things. One, unlocking your bootloader wipes your data. Two, when you install ProtonAOSP, your device will be wiped again.

Even though these are for the Pixel 6 Pro, the steps are the same, it's a good source.

and

Hope it helps.

cadenzar

Dec 5, 2021
Google's instructions are the best. Here: https://developers.google.com/android/images

Two things. One, unlocking your bootloader wipes your data. Two, when you install ProtonAOSP, your device will be wiped again.

Even though these are for the Pixel 6 Pro, the steps are the same, it's a good source.

and

Hope it helps.
Thank you bro.. have you tried this ProtonAosp now?? can you show me some screenshots?? HOME and Lockscreen?? please thank you

Thank you bro.. have you tried this ProtonAosp now?? can you show me some screenshots?? HOME and Lockscreen?? please thank you
No problem. I'm not using Proton now. Flashed back to stock so I could install @eng.stk blu_spark kernel last night. IMHO, one of the best kernels.

Given that, the ROM is very stable.

cadenzar

Dec 5, 2021
No problem. I'm not using Proton now. Flashed back to stock so I could install @eng.stk blu_spark kernel last night. IMHO, one of the best kernels.

hows that kernel you recently flashed?? why you switch kerneL ?? proton is not enough?? does proton has the ability to remove the Bottom navigation bar IcoN?? it really annoys me..

What are PRO's of the KERNEL you recently FLASHED to your P6?

• Haha
Reactions: Mrcactuseater
hows that kernel you recently flashed?? why you switch kerneL ?? proton is not enough?? does proton has the ability to remove the Bottom navigation bar IcoN?? it really annoys me..

What are PRO's of the KERNEL you recently FLASHED to your P6?
Too early to say.

To open up the ability to tweak some things to squeeze better battery life.

ProtonAOSP is different.

Cannot recall if you can remove the bottom navigation bar, but you do have the ability to select 2 button, 3 button or gesture navigation.

Been using blu_spark on 3 or 4 devices over the last 5+ years.

Reactions: eng.stk

cadenzar

Dec 5, 2021
Too early to say.

ProtonAOSP is different.

Cannot recall if you can remove the bottom navigation bar, but you do have the ability to select 2 button, 3 button or gesture navigation.

ok2./. I found the blu spark on telegram.. it has PIXEL 6 now.. as initial release

please give fedback after few days

Reactions: phaino00

cadenzar

Dec 5, 2021
Too early to say.

ProtonAOSP is different.

Bro I have a private message

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey OP, I wrote a small review of this ROM on reddit. I've been using ProtonAOSP on the Pixel 6 for about 5 days now and I can say that I quite like it.

I'm not too sure how the forums takes kindly to linking off site, but if a moderator feels this message should be removed I understand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixel6/comments/r4ma3g

There's early access to ProtonAOSP 12.1 if anyone is curious. Installed this morning and it is very nice. Huge fan of the theming capabilities. Of course, you need to be a patron of his, but IMHO it's worth it.

Hope this does not offend @kdrag0n, but thought all should know about this great work.

Anyone else try ProtonAOSP 12.1 out yet?
    You install one of two ways. Install through a browser which is recommended by developer or download and flash like the normal factory image. Also, there is a vanilla version and a Gapps version. No custom recovery needed. Once installed, gaining root was same process as we use on factory OS.

Disclaimer, device data will be wiped when installing OS and of course wiped a second time when rooting (disabling verity and verification).
    The light theming is pretty nice