Proud owner of oneplus one. Now 3t?

Search This thread
Hi Friends,

I m from OPO team. Though not a great fan boy of OP, confused to decide b/w OP3T and S7 edge.

Please suggest based on your usage.

Prime consideration on OP3T:
Code:
Battery(:fingers-crossed:), Custom ROM dev support at least for next 2 years(:highfive:),camera(:confused:), Dual sim support

Prime consideration on S7 Edge:
Code:
 Battery(:fingers-crossed:), Custom ROM, not sure of support as previously owned  s2, its development was heavily hindered because of exynos closed source. Camera is where i get attracted to s7 edge. The hybrid slot is the one which draw'd me back. I need to dual sim support, bumped with memory, which dissappoints me here

Need ur suggestion on these two devices.

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
go with the 3t, like everyone says here, if you are buying a phone for its camera u are shopping wrong. use the extra money to buy a real camera.

Reactions: Prashanthme

nikhil.agrawal

Apr 28, 2016
New Delhi
If you are in no hurry then i'd suggest you could wait for oneplus 5, otherwise oneplus 3t all the way. Samsung s7 doesnt have any custom roms available and personally i hate samsung user interface. Battery is decent not great but then it also depends on your personal usage. it can easily last for 1 day with light gaming, social media and normal usage. Custom roms atleast for now are available in abundance for now, but you cannot say anything about the next two years.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
If you are in no hurry then i'd suggest you could wait for oneplus 5, otherwise oneplus 3t all the way. Samsung s7 doesnt have any custom roms available and personally i hate samsung user interface. Battery is decent not great but then it also depends on your personal usage. it can easily last for 1 day with light gaming, social media and normal usage. Custom roms atleast for now are available in abundance for now, but you cannot say anything about the next two years.
Still think in two years you get loads of ROMs with this phone.

Romman0

May 7, 2012
I did the same jump, OPO to 3t. It's great. Only downsides are the curved screen and finding a protector (went with old school plastic ones). Would liked to have front facing speakers, the single bottom firing is just average for loudness at most.

The only thing the S7 has going for it is a good camera and better Resolution display. The 3t display is no slouch though for a 1080p.

I think the 3t will have the same longevity as the OPO with custom ROMs, it's also a solid hardware package spec wise and quality, just like the opo when it was released. The latest stock ROM and beta are super fast and good on battery also, if you want to run it stock for a bit. Normally get 5-6 hrs of screen on time and a day and a half usage. Dash charging is wicked fast too.

Last edited:

prajnay

Sep 17, 2016
I was also a proud owner of OPO ,now I am have op3t and don't regret my decision at all .There are lot of custom rom to try for the device .The performance and the battery life is also really good and you can take some really good pictures from op3t in manual mode and some post edit .
I think this is a good photo from my op3t I have done post edit

Attachments

• IMG_20170311_183048_589.jpg
    IMG_20170311_183048_589.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 70

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
also a proud OPO to OP3T convert here. No regrets AT ALL with the 3t. if you can wait, check out the op5 which may be announced in the next 1-2 months. they may also drop the 3t price for that reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    go with the 3t, like everyone says here, if you are buying a phone for its camera u are shopping wrong. use the extra money to buy a real camera.