• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Proximity problem

Search This thread

abbasi06

Aug 24, 2020
Hello there. You all know that Xiaomi mi note 10 lite don't have proximity sensor, so how can I control it. Any suggestions any software for it. Please guide.

Reactions: Nagodnagod

nuwanmw1988

Apr 2, 2011
Hello there. You all know that Xiaomi mi note 10 lite don't have proximity sensor, so how can I control it. Any suggestions any software for it. Please guide.
It has a proximity sensor. There is a teardown video in YouTube, and under the first corny he has uploaded the photo of proximity sensor.

LeYuuki

Jul 14, 2016
I've had this phone for over a month now, also got an issue with the proximity sensor when on call it turns on the screen and my cheek keeps pressing different buttons. Software could fix this issue but I doubt Xiaomi cares...

Jackie78

Dec 14, 2011
Since a lot of ousers are getting that problem, I wonder if it is finally fixed? I am seriously thinking of buying this device, but this open topic still keeps me waiting because this wuld make the device useless. So are there any details known about the reason this happens? Is it a hardware or software issue? Any information from Xiaomi so far?

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
Since a lot of ousers are getting that problem, I wonder if it is finally fixed? I am seriously thinking of buying this device, but this open topic still keeps me waiting because this wuld make the device useless. So are there any details known about the reason this happens? Is it a hardware or software issue? Any information from Xiaomi so far?
For me it was fixed like 3 updates ago. I even rememer reading update notes and it said: fixed promiximity sensor issues. No idea what others are about. If proximity sensor was broken, do you really think there would be 4 comments here?

Check this thread on Mi note 10 lite proximity sensor issues!!! https://c.mi.com/thread-3130757-1-0.html?t=1600791689346

Quoting comment #217:

This is a hardware issue because the sensor is triggered not only from the front (like a normal infrared proximity sensor) but also from the back and top (you can check this by running the sensor test). Thus, the developers bypassed the problem when the phone is on the table, and the sensor is triggered on the table surface and the like (otherwise the screen will turn off due to the sensor). They decided to simply turn off the sensor when the phone is tilted about 45 degrees from the ground. A very stupid idea. It is clear that the phone was not particularly tested before the launch, or the developers have little understanding of how people use the phone. The phone cannot be used while lying or on the move. They probably think that people talk on the phone exclusively standing perpendicular to the ground and not moving. In short, there is no hope of fixing this problem. The most they can do is increase the angle at which the proximity sensor turns off. Bad hardware design.

You can check that proximity sensor isn't working correctly by dialing *#*#6484#*#* and selecting option 14

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

For me it works most of the time in vertical position.

lggprolite

Aug 26, 2014
techreview.top
Check this thread on Mi note 10 lite proximity sensor issues!!! https://c.mi.com/thread-3130757-1-0.html?t=1600791689346

Quoting comment #217:

You can check that proximity sensor isn't working correctly by dialing *#*#6484#*#* and selecting option 14

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

For me it works most of the time in vertical position.

I just found out that my phone use Ultrasonic sensor, not IR? any idea if I can run on IR ?

MIUI Global 12.0.2 Stable QFNMIXM Android 10 QKQ1

zee4far

Apr 29, 2013
For me it was fixed like 3 updates ago. I even rememer reading update notes and it said: fixed promiximity sensor issues. No idea what others are about. If proximity sensor was broken, do you really think there would be 4 comments here?

I am also facing the same issue. Can you please share your ROM version and update number so that I can try to find and flash it on my mobile to check.

twoi

Nov 1, 2015
Make sure the IR sensor at the top of your phone isn't blocked by your case, that was my issue (with the stock case). My new case has a much bigger hole for it, works fine when I lift it up for calls.

pol-der

Nov 30, 2018
https://streamable.com/beu00j

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

http://streamable.com/beu00j

I prepared for those who do not fully understand the sensor problem

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Left Mİ9LİTE Right MİNOTE10LİTE

How do you fix that sensor problem on left phone while horizontal? As i understand you are using Turkish phone bro :)

zunairkh

Mar 28, 2017
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
I had same issue and I fixed this with my Eu rom MI Note 10 Lite
I have covered the backside of phone with protector which was cover my upside side thats why my screen does not off so i unprotect the upper side off sensor from protector the. It has been fixed i cut the up side off protector

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://streamable.com/beu00j

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

http://streamable.com/beu00j

I prepared for those who do not fully understand the sensor problem

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Left Mİ9LİTE Right MİNOTE10LİTE