Question Proximity sensor not working

Search This thread

henno88

Jan 31, 2011
Hi,

On my new 10Pro the proximity sensor doesn't really work.
99% of time it doesn't work.
On dailer and also on whatsapp voice message

lispa

Jan 26, 2012
Leiria
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello everyone.
I have my phone for about 5 days now, and i have the same problem.
It would be nice to see Xiaomi fix this soon with an update :).
Best regards,
Luís Coelho.

josedo90

Apr 29, 2020
Hello, the "bug" could be solved by software update? Or the bug is a hardware problem?

It seems that Redmi Note 10 Pro hasn't proximity sensor. Has a IA that knows when display has to be powered off.

Youtube

In my case I have been able to verify that the sensor works when the mobile is placed vertically, simulating that it has been placed near the ear as if it were on a call.
With WhatsApp/Telegram audio it have the same behaviour.

Last edited:

lispa

Jan 26, 2012
Leiria
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I just had a rom update to version Miui Global 12.0.10.0 Stable, and for now it seems that everything is working ok. But i haven't done enough testing to say for sure that this was it. Will see how it goes, bt for now, i still keep my good expectations :).

PS- Thanks josedo90 for the youtube video. Interesting to know.

lispa

Jan 26, 2012
Leiria
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I just had a rom update to version Miui Global 12.0.10.0 Stable, and for now it seems that everything is working ok. But i haven't done enough testing to say for sure that this was it. Will see how it goes, bt for now, i still keep my good expectations :).

PS- Thanks josedo90 for the youtube video. Interesting to know.
Well, it looks like the problema isn't yet solved. It is really anoing... OMG.

Last edited:

biker02

Oct 31, 2016
J'ai eu le même problème et après avoir enlevé la protection en plastique d'origine et installé le verre trempé, il s'est avéré qu'il s'agissait bien de la protection en plastique d'origine. Tout fonctionne parfaitement
Je vous mets le lien de la protection que j'ai installée acheter sur Aliexpress

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no proximity sensor. Supossely what this phone does is emit an ultrasound from the top speaker and try to guess if there are objects nearby by listening to the sound waves bouncing on the nearby objets and calculating the distance, which is why it also works on the back of the phone. But it's a lot less accurate than a true proximity sensor.
    Hello, the "bug" could be solved by software update? Or the bug is a hardware problem?

It seems that Redmi Note 10 Pro hasn't proximity sensor. Has a IA that knows when display has to be powered off.

Youtube

In my case I have been able to verify that the sensor works when the mobile is placed vertically, simulating that it has been placed near the ear as if it were on a call.
    With WhatsApp/Telegram audio it have the same behaviour.
    Whrere are your informations from?

I read the problem was Reporter by many Indian users but disappeared with the last update...

I can confirm, that it works also if you put your hand at the back. Maybe the sensor is there and it detects different light of surrounding?
    I saw it here (it's in Spanish)

Personally I just press the lock button right after making/answering a call so that the screen stays off, this way I avoid the "proximity sensor" enterely. I make very few calls so I have no problem with it.
    You can see proximity sensor in sunlight at an angle
    Ok it might be there.

So this is what happened-
    I had problem with proximity sensor during call
    I have seen this Video. In this video, he said there is no proximity sensor.
    After that I installed 1st app from play Store after searching "proximity sensor test" to check whether it is present or not, it failed.
    That's why I thought, proximity sensor is absent. Sorry.

After your comment, I again tried reconfirm it by testing during call. So proximity sensor not only works from front side but also from back and top side. (That is unusual)
    I also downloaded multiple sensor checker apps that confirmed proximity sensor works alright.
    I found the pre applied screen protector to be the culprit.