• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Proximity sensor not working

Search This thread

seijicastell

Mar 21, 2021
I don't think it has proximity sensor too. Since it can only works when the phone is vertical and it also works when covered at the right side and back side of the phone.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
There is no proximity sensor. Supossely what this phone does is emit an ultrasound from the top speaker and try to guess if there are objects nearby by listening to the sound waves bouncing on the nearby objets and calculating the distance, which is why it also works on the back of the phone. But it's a lot less accurate than a true proximity sensor.
But that's Ultrasonic proximity sensor, so it indeed has one, but it's not the best quality.

Reactions: ShreyasTheRootMan

ShreyasTheRootMan

Dec 25, 2017
Alappuzha, Kerala
POCO M2 Pro
But that's Ultrasonic proximity sensor, so it indeed has one, but it's not the best quality.
Ultra sonic is just another word for software trickery bro. There is NO proximity sensor. This phone just uses motion detect sensors to detect the speed and orientation to GUESS whether turn off screen or not. And it's severely disappointing.

Reactions: SkaboXD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me with these additional settings saved in build.prop it's working much better.

ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    There is no proximity sensor. Supossely what this phone does is emit an ultrasound from the top speaker and try to guess if there are objects nearby by listening to the sound waves bouncing on the nearby objets and calculating the distance, which is why it also works on the back of the phone. But it's a lot less accurate than a true proximity sensor.
    Hello, the "bug" could be solved by software update? Or the bug is a hardware problem?

It seems that Redmi Note 10 Pro hasn't proximity sensor. Has a IA that knows when display has to be powered off.

Youtube

In my case I have been able to verify that the sensor works when the mobile is placed vertically, simulating that it has been placed near the ear as if it were on a call.
    With WhatsApp/Telegram audio it have the same behaviour.
    Whrere are your informations from?

I read the problem was Reporter by many Indian users but disappeared with the last update...

I can confirm, that it works also if you put your hand at the back. Maybe the sensor is there and it detects different light of surrounding?
    I saw it here (it's in Spanish)

Personally I just press the lock button right after making/answering a call so that the screen stays off, this way I avoid the "proximity sensor" enterely. I make very few calls so I have no problem with it.
    You can see proximity sensor in sunlight at an angle
    Ok it might be there.

So this is what happened-
    I had problem with proximity sensor during call
    I have seen this Video. In this video, he said there is no proximity sensor.
    After that I installed 1st app from play Store after searching "proximity sensor test" to check whether it is present or not, it failed.
    That's why I thought, proximity sensor is absent. Sorry.

After your comment, I again tried reconfirm it by testing during call. So proximity sensor not only works from front side but also from back and top side. (That is unusual)
    I also downloaded multiple sensor checker apps that confirmed proximity sensor works alright.
    I found the pre applied screen protector to be the culprit.