Proximity sensor

Search This thread

Atasal

Jan 13, 2021
I have seen some reviews about the issue of proximity sensor and turning on the screen during calls ,
Did Xiaomi solve it ?
or
I want to ask if this issue is severe .

sorry for my bad english
thanks in advance

sudy

May 13, 2008
Zagreb
Issue exist. Wife and son have problems with screen turning on and off. I watch them while talking. Without any movement of cell phone or head, screen turns on. So, calinorg, you are wrong.

nesoler

Jul 22, 2010
Issue exist. Wife and son have problems with screen turning on and off. I watch them while talking. Without any movement of cell phone or head, screen turns on. So, calinorg, you are wrong.
In settings there is an option to turn the proximity sensor on and off

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    Hi, you can try to calibrate the sensor by tapping several times on kernel version in Settings and see if it works.
    Good luck,
    zaqm

Reactions: Elemy

abhijith4513

Sep 2, 2018
    I didn't have any issue with proximity sensor, others say they did... Sincerely i think that they're just holding phone against their head wrong while talking...
    I think I've heard somewhere that there is a slight problem with the proximity sensor but that was due to it being ultrasonic rather than infrared. I'm not sure but may be that might be the reason.

yeeshanpocof1

Feb 1, 2021
    hi all,

I have a Mi 10T, Indian version(MIUI Global 12.0.5.0 Stable). I have faced this issue from time to time too.

I did something that helped, I cleaned the LED indicator light hole and ear piece opening, using a bubble gum(please watch a few youtube videos on how to do that and do not get any residue of gum stuck in). Then as said above calibrated the sensor from kernel version settings.

Before the clean up, 6/10 calls I faced this nagging issue. Post clean up, its like 1/10 calls , and mostly that one call is usually whatsapp voice call this happens with and not the google phone app.

hope this helps you guys too.

EDIT : P.S. Are people with stock MIUI dailer/phone and messaging app facing this issue too? Kindly mention your phone's ROM version, I am planning to Install Indonesia version of stock MIUI Rom for my device, to get back Stock MIUI Dialer/Phone and messaging app.

Also, I kind of have a feeling that Google phone and messaging app are not optimised for MIUI ROM and/or this device.

Last edited:

calinorg

• hi all,

I have a Mi 10T, Indian version(MIUI Global 12.0.5.0 Stable). I have faced this issue from time to time too.

I did something that helped, I cleaned the LED indicator light hole and ear piece opening, using a bubble gum(please watch a few youtube videos on how to do that and do not get any residue of gum stuck in). Then as said above calibrated the sensor from kernel version settings.

Before the clean up, 6/10 calls I faced this nagging issue. Post clean up, its like 1/10 calls , and mostly that one call is usually whatsapp voice call this happens with and not the google phone app.

hope this helps you guys too.

EDIT : P.S. Are people with stock MIUI dailer/phone and messaging app facing this issue too? Kindly mention your phone's ROM version, I am planning to Install Indonesia version of stock MIUI Rom for my device, to get back Stock MIUI Dialer/Phone and messaging app.

Also, I kind of have a feeling that Google phone and messaging app are not optimised for MIUI ROM and/or this device.
    It has nothing to do with Google phone app, sensor is ultrasonic and it is a bit iffy from time to time...

dif1754

Sep 7, 2013
    I have seen some reviews about the issue of proximity sensor and turning on the screen during calls ,
    Did Xiaomi solve it ?
    or
    I want to ask if this issue is severe .

sorry for my bad english
    thanks in advance
    Him I have the very same issue.
    Let's admit, Xiaomi note 8 pro is ****.
    I've proximity issues and headphone connector issues.
    The phone price is great, the quality is not there. Simply it's a big nightmare .
    What a big disappoinment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi, you can try to calibrate the sensor by tapping several times on kernel version in Settings and see if it works.
      Good luck,
      zaqm
      I didn't have any issue with proximity sensor, others say they did... Sincerely i think that they're just holding phone against their head wrong while talking...
      how can i do that or where is this option , i don't know about it frankly
      Call settings/incoming calls
      Good luck,
      zaqm
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone