PS3 bluetooth pad support on ics ( NON-ROOT ) No app needed!

Search This thread

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
I just purchased SONY's PS3 wireless controller. Can someone please help me in pairing this to my ASUS TF101 tablet, which is running latest ASUS release (.24) and have not rooted. I do not have dock and USB adapter as well. So, how can I pair it with my tablet ? Can it be done with the help of PC ? If yes, can someone please share the link ?

Edit: Done. Able to finally connect PS3 bluetooth controller to TF101. No short-cuts availble, had to root my transformer 1st and Many Thanks to @Thing O Doom, who recently provided 1-click root tool for .24 firmware at below location:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681155

With rooting, used Sixaxis controller app for this.

How do you end up connecting the controller with the tablet? I have the Sixaxis app along with root access. My controller is already connected to the PS3, do I need to reset it?

Edit: nvm, i figured it out.

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a non-Sony controller to work?

Sent from my Sprint Evo View 4G (PG41200) using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

ithorien

Sep 1, 2010
Bleh I cannot get this going and I'm following everything to the letter.

I wonder if it's because I'm on a different ROM, but I can't get it to pair bluetooth at all. Sixaxis program does the test but native bluetooth won't pair because of the damn PIN. Anyone have any ideas on what the PINs on these are?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a non-Sony controller to work?

Sent from my Sprint Evo View 4G (PG41200) using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Use USB/BT Joycenter for pads like the xbox pad, sixaxis controller for ps3 and the cheapo usb pad's like the ones u get on amazon for a fiver work natively, well they do on the SGS3, should be good on the prime too.

xebozone

Jun 14, 2009

To connect a controller and use , this is not required, but there is no way to configure or map anything natively, and using the app allows you to create game configs for games and apps with no game controller support with it's screen-to-button mapping and button re-assignment options.

Reactions: eku

guttertrash

Jul 20, 2011
I was hoping this meant I could control my ps3 with my tablet (like a remote - not the controller). Now I want to go see if that's possible

Rod2k

Nov 22, 2012
Couple of questions:
Anyone tried to connect the TF101 with the PS3 controller over Bluetooth and got it to work?
Does the controller work with no need for any middleware such as the Bluez-IME or the USB/BT JC6?
If so, does the PS3 Bluetooth controller work with games like, say, Shadowgun: Deadzone, Max Payne, GTA, Gameloft games?
So far, my experience with controllers is frustrating. I have recently bought a X360 Wired controller, just to figure out that it does NOT work with my TF101 and then I bought the Phonejoy Bluetooth controller, it works but supported games are too few.

It drives me crazy the developers make their games to work with touch screen only. Why not give us both the touch screen AND compatibility for any third party controller? How hard can that be?

Please answer my questions above, thanks.

nascentt

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks so much for this thread, I had no idea ICS had out-of-box support for a PS3 controller, I'm happy just using OTG and a usb cable without using bluetooth, but it's cool to know that's there too. I've been having so much fun playing classics and a few Google Play apps with the SIXAXIS. :good:

clago87

May 12, 2011
i had nexus 7 for a while and its pretty straight forward there are no files you need to get it running. just download sixaxis pair tool pair ps3 with Bluetooth and map the controller to your liking.

bananapeal

May 4, 2012
Mesa AZ
multiple bluetooth controllers?

Hello,

I am considering getting an android stick for emulator purposes. I am sorry if this is an obvious question, will 2 controllers or more pair to an android device and function properly (lag-wise) over bluetooth? is this emu-depenedent?

So to answer my own question (that forum search while you're making new thread thing is awesome btw),

it is possible to have up to 4 ps3 controllers in 6axis app.

Last edited:
E

endershadow

Does this work on Jelly bean too? I can use my sixaxis with the OTG cable to my Nexus 7 but it's not pairing with bluetooth. What am I doing wrong...?

I am not rooted. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We now have native ps3 pad (dual shock 3 sixaxis pad) support on ics. No app needed.:)
    4d5f83c126e02_1.jpg

How to

1 Connect pad via cable and use for 1 min. It will pair the pad without you knowing

2 Disconnect pad and turn on Bluetooth. Press power on pad and will come up Ps3 controller connected

3 Enjoy ps3 native without cables.

:):)

attachment.php
    the sixpair tool is inside /system/bin play with it and do not need the dock :)

now we wont games like shadowgun or riptide gp or gta3 on your tablets.
    help me to request gamepad support on every new game. spam the developers of the games or not buy games that not support gamepad
    Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting my PS3 controller working with my Prime. I did the setup as listed above and under Bluetooth settings, the controller is listed as a paired device. The Bluetooth MAC address of my controller is also the same as the address of my Prime, I verified this through an application on my PC.

When plugged in via USB with Bluetooth off, the controller doesn't work until I press the PlayStation button. The LEDs will flash quickly and the controller inputs are received by my Prime. After about 10 seconds pass, the controller shuts off and no inputs are accepted.

The above behavior is exactly the same when I turn Bluetooth on as well. If I try to use it wirelessly through Bluetooth however, inputs are not received by my Prime even though it is listed as being connected under my Bluetooth settings. Again, after 10 seconds, the controller will turn off and it is no longer listed as being connected.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not sure why the controller turns itself off after 10 seconds when connected via USB, and why any inputs through Bluetooth have no effect when connected.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in the picture posted above, the PS3 controller has a joystick icon next to it under the paired devices. On my list of paired devices, it displays a keyboard.
    Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting my PS3 controller working with my Prime. I did the setup as listed above and under Bluetooth settings, the controller is listed as a paired device. The Bluetooth MAC address of my controller is also the same as the address of my Prime, I verified this through an application on my PC.

When plugged in via USB with Bluetooth off, the controller doesn't work until I press the PlayStation button. The LEDs will flash quickly and the controller inputs are received by my Prime. After about 10 seconds pass, the controller shuts off and no inputs are accepted.

The above behavior is exactly the same when I turn Bluetooth on as well. If I try to use it wirelessly through Bluetooth however, inputs are not received by my Prime even though it is listed as being connected under my Bluetooth settings. Again, after 10 seconds, the controller will turn off and it is no longer listed as being connected.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not sure why the controller turns itself off after 10 seconds when connected via USB, and why any inputs through Bluetooth have no effect when connected.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in the picture posted above, the PS3 controller has a joystick icon next to it under the paired devices. On my list of paired devices, it displays a keyboard.

I have the same problem as you, i also have a keyboard icon. I bought my dualshock 3 on ebay, and first i thought it was faulty or something, but it did work in windows using ds3 tool.

Did you find a solution to this?

[Edit]

I believe i found out what could be the most likely cause of this on my controller, it is not a original ps3 controller.. so i guess ill just throw it in the bin, and maybe get a real one. :)
    I understand the travel part. Well you could always buy one from Walmart (or foreign equivalent) that you could return it too if you don't have better results.

I like the sixaxis app because it just works. It sucks to have to launch the app prior to using the controller... and I don't think it works natively in ALL games without some sort of button or screen mapping. But for emulators it is a dream.

From what you describe, the controller turns on then off, it sounds like the two aren't pairing properly or the controller doesn't see your tablet. You need to make sure you use the PC to type in the Bluetooth MAC address to the controller...... Come to think of it, the knock-off controller might not be saving the MAC address of your tablet the same way a real DualShock controller does. Your essentially hacking the controller... and the knock-off might have a different flash process entirely.

I just tried to Pair my PS3 controller to my ICS Transformer. Initially it showed the Controller when searching, then it asked for a pin. Before I could type it in, it disappeared. Now it won't even display, and the controller just flashes for a minute.