• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

PS4 remote play

Search This thread

hdad2

Nov 12, 2007
Anyone know how to get remote play working with an actual controller? DS4 natively or even touchscreen mapping?

I've gotten the remote play app to work with touchscreen controls, and I can pair my DS4 with the OP6, but the remote play app doesn't see it. I've also got a Moga pro, which I'd be happy to use as an alternative mapped to the touchscreen, but I don't seem to have luck there either.

Sixaxis app does not recognize Bluetooth paired DS4 or USB connected DS4.
Tincore key mapper does not recognize DS4 or Moga.
Remote play app does not recognize DS4, but maybe it won't without being Xperia phone.

I'm wondering if systemless root is not enough for touchscreen mapping.

Anyone have a combination that works on OP6?

trohn_javolta

Jul 3, 2015
Anyone know how to get remote play working with an actual controller? DS4 natively or even touchscreen mapping?

I've gotten the remote play app to work with touchscreen controls, and I can pair my DS4 with the OP6, but the remote play app doesn't see it. I've also got a Moga pro, which I'd be happy to use as an alternative mapped to the touchscreen, but I don't seem to have luck there either.

Sixaxis app does not recognize Bluetooth paired DS4 or USB connected DS4.
Tincore key mapper does not recognize DS4 or Moga.
Remote play app does not recognize DS4, but maybe it won't without being Xperia phone.

I'm wondering if systemless root is not enough for touchscreen mapping.

Anyone have a combination that works on OP6?

I'm in the same boat, but I use the app on my Nvidia Shield Tv.
Was just wondering: Did you manage to use any controller with the ps4 remote play app?
The best I could archive was to map button presses from a controller to touchscreen taps on the onscreen button overlay using apps Tasker and AutoInput.
Unfortunately the onscreen overlay disappears after short time when no input is sent and after that sending a tap/touch input doesn't work as it does not bring up the overlay anymore.
Apart from that, the overlay is annoying so I'd rather get rid of it completely...(I guess if we could connect a ds4 controller properly to the app the onscreen layout would disappear by default).
If there's no way around the overlay maybe there's a way to change the opacity of the layout to make it disappear.