PSA Android 11 update bricks devices. [Not anymore, now just full of bugs]

Search This thread

Randomwarez

Aug 28, 2020
Same here. Is there any way to unbrick this device? This is my only phone at the moment and I need it unfortunately.

Ksawery

Feb 17, 2014
How can we prevent phone to be updated? It says update is on pause and it will go on when it won't be on use.

tereyaglidoner

Nov 2, 2019
If you dont click on update, your phone wont be updated. AFAIR there is no way to fix bricked devices as of now, people are reporting not even being able to boot in to fastboot (which is VERY troubling).

[GS]

Jun 24, 2012
Durres
My phone is Bricked to, I just want to say F*ck Xiaomi. I will buy Samsung A51 latter!

malip

Dec 14, 2013
Same for me no boot, no loading, no fastboot.
Is there anything xiaomi can do at least?

tereyaglidoner

Nov 2, 2019
It seems like this a hard brick situation. I dont think there is a way for user to recover their device, if you updated your device you are looking at sending it in for repair and in the process losing all your data.

Mohhamad Konah

Dec 31, 2020
I clicked to download, but after I saw the posts I clicked to pause, is there any way to cancel it completely? Because it's just paused.

donedos

Jul 8, 2012
Bacolod
This is the worst experience I encountered for an update. I guess the dev handling the rollout is in a hurry... No verification. It's a major disaster. Xiaomi should be liable for this disaster.

cristianodk

Dec 16, 2013
in that case who responds for the phone failure, the my a3 that I have no longer turns on and I am in Colombia

pan05

Jan 16, 2011
My phone bricked too after applying the official OTA! This is unacceptable. No words can describe how I feel.

Reactions: donedos

jdfeos

Oct 22, 2009
@XiaoMi who will take responsability for this????

I want my money back!

A new phone whatever, this is simply unaceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU RUINED MY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!

Molock

Mar 18, 2013
Same thing here, great start of the new year, are these devs completely useless or what?

tabletakias

Mar 16, 2018
Mine too , phone is now worthless,it will not charge or open. I had to look for a spare smartphone on new year's eve.Thank you xiaomi.

rwalli

Nov 2, 2017
You can simply go to settings and look for the system update app and clear its data.

Same here!
Update is pending and waiting for reboot.
Found an app "Dynamic System Updates" but clearing data and cache did not solve the pending update.

Anyone any suggestions how to revert pending update?

Top Liked Posts