PSA: disable Mobile Services Manager in System > Apps

Search This thread

psouza4

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2009
Meridian, ID
www.PeterSouza.com
NOTE: This might only apply to the Verizon version of the S9/S9+ (SM-G96xU), but for those of you who have this app, disable it.

It's labeled as "Mobile Services Manager" under Settings > Apps (it does not appear in your app drawer in your launcher).

Previously called DT Ignite (or just Ignite), it can and does install apps without your permission as instructed by your carrier. This is in addition to the apps installed on first boot by ConfigAPK (android.autoinstalls.config.samsung) and is guaranteed to just be bloat.

The package name is com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck and was found on my device under /system/carrier/priv-app/IgniteVerizon/IgniteVerizon.apk. Without root, you can't delete this package, but you can disable it, which will prevent it from continuing to do its dirty work.

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach
NOTE: This might only apply to the Verizon version of the S9/S9+ (SM-G96xU), but for those of you who have this app, disable it.

It's labeled as "Mobile Services Manager" under Settings > Apps (it does not appear in your app drawer in your launcher).

Previously called DT Ignite (or just Ignite), it can and does install apps without your permission as instructed by your carrier. This is in addition to the apps installed on first boot by ConfigAPK (android.autoinstalls.config.samsung) and is guaranteed to just be bloat.

The package name is com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck and was found on my device under /system/carrier/priv-app/IgniteVerizon/IgniteVerizon.apk. Without root, you can't delete this package, but you can disable it, which will prevent it from continuing to do its dirty work.

Thats a verizon thing Not on sprint version

lilmikeyv

Jul 10, 2010
Has anyone compiled a list of what apps can be deleted, I'm on the sprint version of the galaxy s9+... Thanks in advance!

KevinAuralee

May 7, 2018
I found it... SM-G965U - US Cellular:

Force Stop, Storage (clear both), Disable...
mine even uninstalled an update (I didn't perform).

Ncottrell753

Jul 22, 2018
Hi there. Does anyone know what the app is called for Spectrum Mobile? As far as I know, Spectrum cell service is a relatively new thing (at least here in BFE) so I'll understand if no one is sure. Don't know if it matters or not, but they run off Verizon. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am completely new to any sort of tweaking/customization other than changing some settings here and there. (Basically just being a wimp with a leased phone.) I'm interested in learning all I can, or all I can without voiding the warranty. Lol. Thanks all and sorry if I sound clueless.

Update: still looking on my new phone for possibilities but I did just get on my S7 Edge from Verizon and found Mobile Services Manager using Package Disabler Pro. Wow! Those permissions were ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018
Mobile services manager

I found this app also in the application list on At&t Galaxy S9+, but not in my app drawer. I uninstalled the updates for it and it went from being called mobile services manager to At&t app select. I disabled it and once I did it disappeared completely from my app list all together. It had background data enabled and everything. Sneaky At&t, try to get one iver on me.

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I found this app also in the application list on At&t Galaxy S9+, but not in my app drawer. I uninstalled the updates for it and it went from being called mobile services manager to At&t app select. I disabled it and once I did it disappeared completely from my app list all together. It had background data enabled and everything. Sneaky At&t, try to get one iver on me.

I have Att S9+ as well but I don't see it even in "Show systems apps". Where did you find it?

Jun 24, 2018
I have Att S9+ as well but I don't see it even in "Show systems apps". Where did you find it?

Honestly I got tired of At&t bloatware and wifi calling notification staying on my panel. I flashed the U1 firmware to my phone last night. The AT&t firmware has a serious security issue where if I make a call and press the lock key the phone unlocks itself as soon as the call ends or if I get a call and unlock it for any reason it stays unlocked after the phone call. I use headphones at work for my calls and this leaves it unlocked in my pocket doing all kinds of things. At&t says not an issue just pull your phone out and lock it. I say Im not supposed to have my phone at all and I rely on the answer and end call button on my headphones and need it to stayocked in my pocket. I dont have this issue with the U1 firmware. And it has a data switch in the shortcut pull down menu so no background data period.

Kmap71

Sep 24, 2018
I am reading this thread after finding it by Google search.

I am trying to find the source of my battery drain on my Samsung Note 8.

While searching and deleting apps, I stumbled across this unknown thing, and here I am.

Btw...
I'm on T-Mobile.

InnovativeGenius

Sep 11, 2018
Be aware of this new bloatware system app name! Mobile Device Manager(formerly known as DT Ignite) has now changed it's name to Verizon App Manager. Don't be fooled, disable this so-called 'system app' ASAP to prevent it from installing unwanted apps (mostly games) onto your phone while eating up your phone's resources and data!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

On AT&T, the package name is: com.dti.att