[PSA] PA Dev interested in porting LOS to our phone, needs our help getting one!

Search This thread

CarlosAG10

May 2, 2012
okay, thats all i wanted to hear, thanks for the effort. sorry to hear the devs most propably wont work together ;)
There's a Dev, and then there's an uneducated child. I agree with your last message (much better explained than the previous), but am not supporting the selfish attitude of the "donate to me too" guy.

To the Dev already working, maintainer, and OP, big thanks for all your efforts, you rock!!

merlin.berlin

May 4, 2015
berlin
Xiaomi Pad 6
Google Pixel 8
There's a Dev, and then there's an uneducated child. I agree with your last message (much better explained than the previous), but am not supporting the selfish attitude of the "donate to me too" guy.

To the Dev already working, maintainer, and OP, big thanks for all your efforts, you rock!!

What did he do that you are insulting him?
i just see that he has put work in releasing a rom and now is asking for a donation. nothing wrong with that i guess.
did he steal something or why are you mad at him?

Reactions: Voodoojonny

maintainer

Nov 12, 2018
Did we just loss our chance getting lineage os for our daisy? :(
This not about @33bca. He is our developer and with our project all right. This post about other person, who selfish, but too stupid. He is reported to mods about our thread and it was closed for few days. Only thanks to perseverance @kftX, thread opened again. Now he try to ask for donations to him in our thread...
Name of this child is @saksham_033. Remember It.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlosAG10

Bokoko006

Oct 12, 2017
Cabuyao
This not about @33bca. He is our developer and with our project all right. This post about other person, who selfish, but too stupid. He is reported to mods about our thread and it was closed for few days. Only thanks to perseverance @ktfX, thread opened again. Now he try to ask for donations to him in our thread...
Name of this child is @saksham_033. Remember It.
Ooh okay okay i thought you stopped the development because of that. All clear now. A massive thanks to all of you.

tutankpusch

Sep 9, 2018
dear OP (@kftX ),
would you please be so kind and give a summing up of the donations you received and what exactly happened with them? Its just good practice when crowdfunding something to act responsibly with it. And summing up what happened to donations is part of it.
no hassle, no hurry but please do it at some point.
Thanks

Reactions: wynix black

CarlosAG10

May 2, 2012
The Dev already made a fully working PA Rom (not just GSI), and is working now on a good TWRP that allows us to flash without risks.

You can see progress reports in the Telegram channel.

Reactions: marstonpear

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
OnePlus 8 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
dear OP (@kftX ),
would you please be so kind and give a summing up of the donations you received and what exactly happened with them? Its just good practice when crowdfunding something to act responsibly with it. And summing up what happened to donations is part of it.
Thanks

I've built PA and its working great, currently I'm working on a fully functional TWRP as the current one doesnt support installing it...

A testbuild to flash in fastboot is currently available in our Telegram group ;)

rob420p

Dec 16, 2013
Bmore
OnePlus 7T
Samsung Galaxy A12
Ok pa is working it's beta but from what I see and have read it's working very nicely.the twrp is coming along it's halfway fixed I know u can install I assume backup is working but it's a must u use the past kernal I belive.i have not installed any of this yet but am keeping up with the project and waiting untill I have free time to flash.

Reactions: downloadonlyaccount

rob420p

Dec 16, 2013
Bmore
OnePlus 7T
Samsung Galaxy A12
Took a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-094648.jpg
    Screenshot_20190301-094648.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 429

tutankpusch

Sep 9, 2018
After https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78949172&postcount=55 and https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78986318&postcount=68 im asking for a third time please @kftX do a public anouncement how much money you got donated after you asked for money. Please tell us, how much money you gave to @33bca and what you did with the rest.
@33bca it was claimed, that you would work on a a LOS 16 build. I didnt see any result of even any beta version of a LOS 16. make public what you are doing and create a xda-dev thread with updated links and sources as well as working/bugs list like any other dev does.

guys, what are you doing?

edit: @hossmann this very thread was ask for money to do said things. me and 15 others donated money and basically nothing of the advertised was the result. i appreciate 33bca working on paranoid android but i donated for LOS. im disappointed because it doesnt look like anything toward the goal was happenign while the funding goal was reached but the one who asked for money basically never commented to any of this. thats what i would call a scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: wynix black

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dear OP (@kftX ),
    Thanks

I've built PA and its working great, currently I'm working on a fully functional TWRP as the current one doesnt support installing it...

A testbuild to flash in fastboot is currently available in our Telegram group ;)
    Ok people so here's the deal:

User @maintainer mentioned in the Lineage dev thread that a dev from the Paranoid Android team was interested in porting to our device but unfortunately couldn't afford it. He'll also leave a working LOS tree so other people can port other roms to our device and probably make a working TWRP, actually working. :) The dev in this case is known as Offain on Discord and his xda handle is @33bca.

So I took it upon myself to go talk to said dev and set up a plan for this. Here's how things stand:

According to @maintainer, we need to gather 180 Swiss Francs (158.2€) to fund this device. I've spoken to the developer, Offain and I'll link him the thread so he can pop in and confirm all this. If enough people are interested in chpping in some cash, he'll post his paypal and we can all directly donate to him. I'm trying to keep this as transparent as possible cuz we don't want a repeat of the situation with @d1ngh and TWRP.

So post here if you're interested and how much you're willing to donate for this. I'll keep count in OP of the cash.

I'll start obviously, I'm unemployed atm but willing to chip in 5€.

Current funding: 105.82€ We're half way there! :D

Patrons:
    @kftX: 22€
    @downloadonlyaccount: 15€
    @maintainer: 5€
    @rob420p: $10 (8.82€)
    @smallberlin: 5€
    @davze: 10€
    @Jagis23: 5€
    @opal06: 20€
    @LazyT: 10€
    @tres0r: 5€

Edit: As promised, check the devs post (#19) for confirmation that this is real:

Hey, first of all I want to give a big thanks to @kftX to make this all possible!
    And of course I want to thanks everyone in advance who's willing to help me to get the A2 Lite.
    I'll start working on it in the next few days so that I won't have to start from 0 once I'll get it.
    Cheers! :p

BTW: That where I'll get it from (I dont want to deal with taxes and so on...)
    https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/produc...32gb-dual-sim-12mp-black-mobiltelefon-9268978

Edit 2: Developer has posted his paypal link, post below or direct like for confirmation here.

Hey everyone, thanks for that support!

Here's the link for everyone who's willing to help me get the A2 Lite:
    https://paypal.me/juanaleut

Please put your XDA username in the donation so that I'm able to meantion you on XDA ?

The sooner they get it, the sooner they can start working on it! My part has been sent :D
    After https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78949172&postcount=55 and https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78986318&postcount=68 im asking for a third time please @kftX do a public anouncement how much money you got donated after you asked for money. Please tell us, how much money you gave to @33bca and what you did with the rest.
    @33bca it was claimed, that you would work on a a LOS 16 build. I didnt see any result of even any beta version of a LOS 16. make public what you are doing and create a xda-dev thread with updated links and sources as well as working/bugs list like any other dev does.
    guys, what are you doing?

Dito that, but I can understand his side at least a bit aswell. People were asked for money here on XDA, they donated for developing progress and nothing happens here.

And I agree with you, but it's been less than 1 month since this thread was created.
    It sounds as if this Dev has a PA rom and new twrp going, granted dl not linked here..
    And yes info posted couple posts back

I'm sorry for the weak communication on XDA, I was basicly just active on Telegram.
    I got about 160 swiss francs and paid the rest by my own. Thanks to all the ones that donated btw!

I got Paranoid Android (not Lineage, @saksham_033 wanted to maintain it) booting and nearly fully working, it will be released with the next wave of beta releases for PA.
    TWRP is still WIP and I didnt get encryption working yet, fixed some other bugs in it tho!
    Hey, first of all I want to give a big thanks to @kftX to make this all possible!
    And of course I want to thanks everyone in advance who's willing to help me to get the A2 Lite.
    I'll start working on it in the next few days so that I won't have to start from 0 once I'll get it.

Cheers! :p

BTW: That where I'll get it from (I dont want to deal with taxes and so on...)
    https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/produc...32gb-dual-sim-12mp-black-mobiltelefon-9268978
    Guys, los 15.1 has been released. Go show your love

https://xdaforums.com/mi-a2-lite/development/rom-lineageos-t3902106

If possible, donate to me too :) ?

Considering you haven't even gotten TWRP to work and that you've actually been trying to hurt the development scene of this phone, you probably should keep your lil mouth shut.

I've tolerated your abuse for long enough and if you don't behave you'll be the one getting reported this time. You don't even know (or care) but I asked the mods to delete your post about reporting the thread to protect you from people who'd react negatively to that. Because I was actually worried about consequences. I've shown you the respect that you have refused to show. To anyone.

You sir, are trash. This is the last time I'll ever address you. You've gotten senpai to notice you, good job.

everyone else,

Sorry guys I've been super busy as of late between odd jobs and spending time with the girlfriend who's on vacation. Dev has the phone and is working on TWRP/LOS Pie AFAIK. Haven't talked much to him though. He told me to only mention it after he had TWRP ready but maintainer already let the cat out of the bag ?