PSA - The Latest TWRP Release (3.5.0_9-0) is Bugged

bloomfielderic

Feb 25, 2020
Already opened an issue on GitHub but looks like the dev got a long backlog. If anyone has a fix I'd really appreciate it.

I experienced the following when updating TWRP to 3.5.0_90:

- long loading time: takes ~20s to finish initialization
- when I deal with anything that supposedly work with the /system partition the device will freeze and shutdown. Tried: wipe system+data; flash magisk; flash gapps. Somehow dirty flashing a rom worked just fine (manipulating /data is fine I guess?)

Tried reversing to 3.4.0 and won't be able to properly mount existing partitions. Guess I should just wait for a fix. For those who look to update - proceed with caution!

addro

Sep 30, 2008
Already opened an issue on GitHub but looks like the dev got a long backlog. If anyone has a fix I'd really appreciate it.

I experienced the following when updating TWRP to 3.5.0_90:

- long loading time: takes ~20s to finish initialization
- when I deal with anything that supposedly work with the /system partition the device will freeze and shutdown. Tried: wipe system+data; flash magisk; flash gapps. Somehow dirty flashing a rom worked just fine (manipulating /data is fine I guess?)

Tried reversing to 3.4.0 and won't be able to properly mount existing partitions. Guess I should just wait for a fix. For those who look to update - proceed with caution!
Only install twrp-3.5.0_90. It does not work! twrp-3.4.0-0-clover. The same is true. Only twrp-3.3.1-0-clover can be returned