• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Purchased a Scratch & Dent LG V40 Thinq from Woot.com

Search This thread
Hello all,

I purchased a LG V40 Scratch & Dent from Woot.com that is supposed to be unlocked, but it doesn't read my sim card and when I boot it up, I get a Sprint logo screen during the boot process and when I go to settings > status at the bottom it says "Brand" with Sprint below it. Anyone know how I can get this thing working without having to spend anything?

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Hello all,

I purchased a LG V40 Scratch & Dent from Woot.com that is supposed to be unlocked, but it doesn't read my sim card and when I boot it up, I get a Sprint logo screen during the boot process and when I go to settings > status at the bottom it says "Brand" with Sprint below it. Anyone know how I can get this thing working without having to spend anything?

I'd say, if you know the sim card to be good, send it back, if possible. Just because it's a Sprint variant, it should still work with a gsm sim card.

You can crossflash it, but if the device is having a hardware issue, it won't fix that.

cheers