PurePerformances™X on Huawei Ascend P6

Search This thread

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
1. Why does it emulate android?
A: Maybe Huawei wanted to save on development charges, they saved money by doing this.
2. Emulating uses much power, and as known, our 1,5ghz quad core processor is getting very low scores from benchmarks. This is mainly caused by emulation.
3. P6 Is the only phone emulating Android i know, so its completely new for developers. It makes it more difficult to port roms to this device. Maybe we would have CM already, if this device would run native android? Who knows...

I'm getting it now. I haven't thought this from a financial perspective, make sense but it's not an excuse for don't have Android running directly on Huawei devices. Xolo, Vivo, Meizu and Xiaomi run Android on thier phones that sell at realy resanable price.

I know that emulates a machine uses more power than run the OS itself, could explain the major lack of performance. If the P6 is the only phone you know emulating Android, what about the other Huawei phones?

I've heard from a G615 user that this chip is insanely powerful, run the OS without any emulation must be insane.

Thanks for the reply.

BluntP6

Aug 6, 2013
I'm getting it now. I haven't thought this from a financial perspective, make sense but it's not an excuse for don't have Android running directly on Huawei devices. Xolo, Vivo, Meizu and Xiaomi run Android on thier phones that sell at realy resanable price.

I know that emulates a machine uses more power than run the OS itself, could explain the major lack of performance. If the P6 is the only phone you know emulating Android, what about the other Huawei phones?

I've heard from a G615 user that this chip is insanely powerful, run the OS without any emulation must be insane.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i think its major reason for low perfomance. P6 Is the only phone as far as i know. No other Huawei phones using this, at least i think so.

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
Yes i think its major reason for low perfomance. P6 Is the only phone as far as i know. No other Huawei phones using this, at least i think so.

And you like the P6, right? It don't let you waiting any time.

I read somethings about the P6 audio being low, what are you thoghts upon that? An those data name changes realy increases the volume?

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
after reading this entire thread posts, i wonder if there is user that still believe P6 is using MTK chip and act as emulator.
to clear this misinformation, you must know that :
1. huawei P6 is use Hisilicon (huawei owns) K3v2 Chip (ARM Cortex-A9MP) and use Vivante GPU. not MTK / Mediatek one.
2. P6 is a smartphone that run native android OS, run huawei's proprietary EMotion User Interface( EMUI) top of that (same with Samsung's TouchWiz, Sony's UX, hTC's sense, Meizu's FlyMe etc). not by emulator. i think that the word EMUI misinterpreted as P6 use android emulator.
3. The reason P6 low performance (comparing to other quad core) are, hisilicon is a new player in Chip makers game, so they need to learn about how to produce a good price vs performance chip. Second, K3v2 is last year quad core, don't compare with this year quad core, that obviosly more powerful.
4. P6 feels hotter? it's because K3v2 still use old 40nm processing. we still can undervolt it by using custom kernel to reduce heat.
5. bad battery performance? delete some bloatware, use app like greenify to hibernate unwanted apps.

i think thats all, i hope that there is no debate about P6 chip and OS.

それはTapatalkを用いて自分のHTC Butterfly Jから送られてきた

Last edited:

warea

Dec 1, 2007
after reading this entire thread posts, i wonder if there is user that still believe P6 is using MTK chip and act as emulator.
1. huawei P6 is use Hisilicon (huawei owns) K3v2 Chip (ARM Cortex-A9MP) and use Vivante GPU. not MTK / Mediatek one.
2. P6 is a smartphone that run native android OS, run huawei's proprietary EMotion User Interface( EMUI) top of that (same with Samsung's TouchWiz, Sony's UX, hTC's sense, Meizu's FlyMe etc). not by emulator. i think that the word EMUI misinterpreted as P6 use android emulator.
3. The reason P6 low performance (comparing to other quad core) are, hisilicon is a new player in Chip makers game, so they need to learn about how to produce a good price vs performance chip. Second, K3v2 is last year quad core, don't compare with this year quad core, that obviosly more powerful.
4. P6 feels hotter? it's because K3v2 still use old 40nm processing. we still can undervolt it by using custom kernel to reduce heat.
5. bad battery performance? delete some bloatware, use app like greenify to hibernate unwanted apps.

The cpu and gpu used was pretty much known. The mtk theory was just one post that no one bothered to correct.

But the emulation theory made some rounds. Could you respond to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48239978&postcount=137

amonev

Jan 20, 2011
Razgrad

I don't give a damn if it's emulate Android or not! P6 is bad in performance only in Antutu and for this I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! In real life it's faster than 95% of the phones in the market, even faster than Lenovo K900 which make Antutu a 29 000 score! Just find a Lenovo K900 and take a guide in the settings, phone, contacts! Lenovo is lagging at normal life usage, even with the latest firmware update!

With the latest B118 chinese firmware, P6 is faster in any game! Battery is optimized too. My brother have Iphone 5, and the battery life is the same. We work together we use two phones equally.

So, what's the problem with emulating Android, when in real life, Huawei P6 is still the best price/quality ratio phone!?!

Reactions: benna

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
The cpu and gpu used was pretty much known. The mtk theory was just one post that no one bothered to correct.

But the emulation theory made some rounds. Could you respond to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48239978&postcount=137

First, i think that he (traace) is just quote and never or only half understand about that he quoted, and spread that wrong infos to other people.
i believe he (traace) accept situation that P6 is same with P1. P1 is a whole different, it use OMAP4 chip by Texas Instruments (traace write it wrong as OAMP) . X-Loader is a first stage bootloader derived from the u-boot base code. The u-boot is a second stage bootloader that is loaded by the x-loader into DDR. It comes from Das u-boot , the universal bootloader. not all android devices using u-boot as their bootloader. P6 is NOT using u-boot. he (traace) also referring this , you can clearly see that in eLinux page that they divide two hardware that run android OS, one is goldfish (QEMU for android SDK) and the REAL hardware.
SDK or Software Development Kit is developer tools to build, test, and debug apps for Android. so in case you don't have REAL android device, you can run your own developed application using SDK from your PC. it emulates all android hardware by using PC as emulator.

I don't give a damn if it's emulate Android or not! P6 is bad in performance only in Antutu and for this I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! In real life it's faster than 95% of the phones in the market, even faster than Lenovo K900 which make Antutu a 29 000 score! Just find a Lenovo K900 and take a guide in the settings, phone, contacts! Lenovo is lagging at normal life usage, even with the latest firmware update!

With the latest B118 chinese firmware, P6 is faster in any game! Battery is optimized too. My brother have Iphone 5, and the battery life is the same. We work together we use two phones equally.

So, what's the problem with emulating Android, when in real life, Huawei P6 is still the best price/quality ratio phone!?!

I'm agree that synthetic benchmark is nothing to do with a real life use.
Lenovo K900 use intel x86 chip that unnative in android devices. it has much powerful RAW performance than ARM so it will have more score in Synthetic benchmark. it's like compare apple and orange if we compare about ARM and x86.
all android applications is designed to be use with ARM architecture, so x86 devices is no match in this area.

That's all.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
First, i think that he (traace) is just quote and never or only half understand about that he quoted, and spread that wrong infos to other people.
i believe he (traace) accept situation that P6 is same with P1. P1 is a whole different, it use OMAP4 chip by Texas Instruments (traace write it wrong as OAMP) . X-Loader is a first stage bootloader derived from the u-boot base code. The u-boot is a second stage bootloader that is loaded by the x-loader into DDR. It comes from Das u-boot , the universal bootloader. not all android devices using u-boot as their bootloader. P6 is NOT using u-boot. he (traace) also referring this , you can clearly see that in eLinux page that they divide two hardware that run android OS, one is goldfish (QEMU for android SDK) and the REAL hardware.
SDK or Software Development Kit is developer tools to build, test, and debug apps for Android. so in case you don't have REAL android device, you can run your own developed application using SDK from your PC. it emulates all android hardware by using PC as emulator.

Traace will answer this hopefully. :confused: He got a lot of guys excited with the 40000-50000 antutu score dream. :mad:

Do you think the P6 CPU and GPU still has much untapped potential ? What do you think about the Vivante GPU ? Getting high scores on Antutu don't bother me much, but knowing that the full potential of the phone is not yet being harnessed would be bothersome. :confused:

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
Traace will answer this hopefully. :confused: He got a lot of guys excited with the 40000-50000 antutu score dream. :mad:

Do you think the P6 CPU and GPU still has much untapped potential ? What do you think about the Vivante GPU ? Getting high scores on Antutu don't bother me much, but knowing that the full potential of the phone is not yet being harnessed would be bothersome. :confused:

well, maybe in next couple of week i'll start compile custom Kernel for P6, because we know that unsigned boot.img can be flash right now.
i don't have P6 right now, because i still considering to buy P6 after it get official 4.4

i you look on P6 source code, you'll see that huawei really use xls table (excel spreadsheet) as their base of CPU, GPU, and RAM frequency table. it was first time i saw this in device source kernel. they divide into 4 segment, ECO, NORMAL, TURBO and a special segment (1-9). all parameter including frequency, freq wake up time, workload, voltage, etc. are tweakable. i've attach the screenshot of that spreadsheet.

Last edited:

amonev

Jan 20, 2011
Razgrad

This is great! We'll be glad if someone build new kernel for our phone :good:

ps - battery time in latest B118 with "Pure" tweak

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-10-19-28-45.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-10-19-28-45.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 295

warea

Dec 1, 2007
well, maybe in next couple of week i'll start compile custom Kernel for P6, because we know that unsigned boot.img can be flash right now.
i don't have P6 right now, because i still considering to buy P6 after it get official 4.4

i you look on P6 source code, you'll see that huawei really use xls table (excel spreadsheet) as their base of CPU, GPU, and RAM frequency table. it was first time i saw this in device source kernel. they divide into 4 segment, ECO, NORMAL, TURBO and a special segment (1-9). all parameter including frequency, freq wake up time, workload, voltage, etc. are tweakable. i've attach the screenshot of that spreadsheet.

Interesting. Is this the new source code ? Like for the emui 2.0 upgrade ?

In the current P6, in power manager, we have three power plans - normal, smart and endurance.

But in the upcoming emui 2.0, the leaked screen shots and chatter show that there is some acceleration feature for the CPU. This could be the 4th power plan shown in the excel sheet ?

Also, there was this Emotion UI feedback survey in which, i did request them for adding more power plans as well as integrating the power plan along with the profile switching feature. I don't think this is incorporated in Emui 2.0, but do you think that its possible in future to create such a system where the profile switcher also includes setting the power management ? The reason for that being that one could then have a "Chat" profile or "Game" profile or "internet browsing" profile, etc, and have the power plans all adjusted just right for those specific needs.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris

Yes, you are right, but after you can see we can not change frequency on .xls files cause are locked ( sure not all .. ) ! But maybe we can rewrite the whole .xls file !

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
Interesting. Is this the new source code ? Like for the emui 2.0 upgrade ?

In the current P6, in power manager, we have three power plans - normal, smart and endurance.

But in the upcoming emui 2.0, the leaked screen shots and chatter show that there is some acceleration feature for the CPU. This could be the 4th power plan shown in the excel sheet ?

Also, there was this Emotion UI feedback survey in which, i did request them for adding more power plans as well as integrating the power plan along with the profile switching feature. I don't think this is incorporated in Emui 2.0, but do you think that its possible in future to create such a system where the profile switcher also includes setting the power management ? The reason for that being that one could then have a "Chat" profile or "Game" profile or "internet browsing" profile, etc, and have the power plans all adjusted just right for those specific needs.

it's 3.0.8 kernel source ,FW B111

maybe yes, maybe no.
create new setting in ROM, requires create modified frameworks

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Yes, you are right, but after you can see we can not change frequency on .xls files cause are locked ( sure not all .. ) ! But maybe we can rewrite the whole .xls file !

the inside are unlocked (value).
the outside (parameters) are locked.

maybe we can redesign the whole xls.

Reactions: surdu_petru

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Any potential for the 16 core + 64bit memory bus GPU ? Is the device at present using those GPU features or are they useless ?

benna

Jun 5, 2012

Is there an kernel that we can undervolt the CPU?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't get it, why is the P6 no running Android directly? Whats the matter? And what are the main disadvantages of emulating the OS?

1. Why does it emulate android?
    A: Maybe Huawei wanted to save on development charges, they saved money by doing this.
    2. Emulating uses much power, and as known, our 1,5ghz quad core processor is getting very low scores from benchmarks. This is mainly caused by emulation.
    3. P6 Is the only phone emulating Android i know, so its completely new for developers. It makes it more difficult to port roms to this device. Maybe we would have CM already, if this device would run native android? Who knows...
    Does anybody tried to flashed THIS on your device?
    I did, but as of now still under observation.
    I just want to share the experience and know there are truly change in performance, graphics and sound quality.
    Btw, I'm on B119
    The volume is fixed in b118 rom :)

Great to know that, plus already checked and the audio quality is good on Ascend P6 getting better with the Dolby Mobile.