• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Push Email Notification issues

Search This thread

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
I've tried a half dozen email apps and Edison Mail is the only app that gives me consistent 1 second email notifications without fail even if the phone has been inactive for hours. But there's a few things I hate about that app.

But I'd rather use BlueMail, but the push notifications (Data or WIFI) are sporadic and delayed depending on how long the phone's been sitting inactive. I contacted the developer who supplied the basics: Optimize Battery OFF, Adaptive Battery OFF, No Sleeping Apps, Allow Background Data, Data Saver OFF, etc.

Is there anything else I can try besides a factory reset? Are there any apps BlueMail may rely on for push notifications to work that I can troubleshoot? Thx.

Factory Unlocked Note10+ Android 11 OneUI 3.1 **FUC6. Fairly new.. only installed a few apps so far.

Last edited:

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
I just checked running services and cached processes and BlueMail is not running in either list. Strange. Should it be? Just checked my Marshmallow Android TV and it's running "BlueMail Push Service" in Running Services but nothing on the Note 10+.

Set the Push Notification Tester app for 60 seconds, immediately turn off display, and got the Push Notification. Set it for 6 minutes, immediately turn off display, waited 10 minutes.. nothing, but when I unlocked the phone, I got the notification. WTF! Set it for 5 minutes, immediately turn off display and got the notification at 5 minutes. Driving me nuts. Something in the phone disables after sleeping between 5 and 6 minutes.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
Can I use this ADB (showing samsung mail but insert any app):

Code:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.samsung.android.email.provider

to place that app on the whitelist from Doze? Will it work and stick on reboot?

Factory Unlocked Note10+ Android 11 OneUI 3.1 **FUC6

Last edited:

Rich_Palermo

Jun 22, 2018
Hello, were you able to solve this problem? I am grappling with this same problem on a new Pixel 5a/5g running Android 12. I also like BlueMail but I am seeing dramatically faster notifications on an old LG V20 with Android 8 compared to the new Pixel. Details at: