Push Notification of Facebook Official App Not Working

Search This thread

kaisar1994

Dec 8, 2014
Chittagong
I use Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C that is rooted and running official marshmallow. All was going well for 6-7 months. But suddenly I am not getting push notification from the facebook app for the last month. The only time I am getting push notification from the facebook app when I try to login from another browser and a code is needed from code generator. Push notification from other apps, email, instagram etc are working. I have tried clearing data of the app, turning off platform, uninstalling greenify. Butnothing worked. What to do now? Please help. :(

Last edited:

Elitemomo

Nov 23, 2015
Hi there so generally the facebook app is unliked around here because it takes up a huge amount of RAM. Many people here prefer to use an alternate client for facebook I've heard of some I think you should try some out if you feel you have done everything to activate push notifications. Here is a rddit link in case you are wondering about some opinions https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/3k2ol0/facebook_app_alternative/

kaisar1994

Dec 8, 2014
Chittagong
Hi there so generally the facebook app is unliked around here because it takes up a huge amount of RAM. Many people here prefer to use an alternate client for facebook I've heard of some I think you should try some out if you feel you have done everything to activate push notifications. Here is a rddit link in case you are wondering about some opinions https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/3k2ol0/facebook_app_alternative/
actually nothing can deliver like the official app :(

kaisar1994

Dec 8, 2014
Chittagong
There actually might be a setting that might have to do with this however we could have a better idea if you tried using the Facebook app on another device. Have you tried doing that?
No, I don't have another android device. When I use swipe pro, push notification works in that app. and in facebook app itself, for code generator notification and someone is live notification, push notification works immediately. Someone told me that this is facebook's problem. He faced the same problem. After his reporting for 2 times to facebook, they resolved it some days later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then you should probably contact Facebook if its a problem on their end that way you can now for sure if you can fix it.