push notifications not working after trying all the suggestions

Search This thread

joddyting

Jan 25, 2017
Hi,

I just got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 recently and am having problems with push notifications for apps such as Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, LINE and so on. I have spent hours trying all the suggestions out there multiple times as to how to fix it but it still doesn't work. This includes:

1: Disable power saving mode.
2: Disable 'destroy activity' function.
3: Check Notification settings
4: Setup notifications for each App in settings.
5: Ensure app has notifications enabled.
6: Enable Autostart
7: Disable data saver and enable dual data on all apps.
8: Commit apps to memory.
9: Customise power saving settings.

Even after doing all this, I am still unable to receive messages and calls from apps in real time. I use another phone of mine to call myself literally 5 seconds after closing the app and still my Xiaomi phone does not register the call until I manually open the app and get a missed call.

Can someone please help me with this. Thanks.

someone261

Feb 27, 2016
I enabled Autostart for all the messaging apps and apps i need to run in the background and everything is working great for me.
I get calls from whatsapp all the time and everything working great.

joddyting

Jan 25, 2017
I enabled Autostart for all the messaging apps and apps i need to run in the background and everything is working great for me.
I get calls from whatsapp all the time and everything working great.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have literally every single app enabled for Autostart just in case but still don't receive anything until I open the app manually. Tried reinstalling the apps and rebooting multiple times too.

someone261

Feb 27, 2016
With what apps you are having this problem? Me for example I don't have any problem with whatsapp but with Skype sometimes I don't get notifications because miui kills the process in the background which is very annoying.
I hope xiaomi will fix it in miui 9 (if we'll ever get this update on our rn4 anyway).

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have literally every single app enabled for Autostart just in case but still don't receive anything until I open the app manually. Tried reinstalling the apps and rebooting multiple times too.

I tried the steps in this guide and everything is working for me. It was mainly gmail that wasnt notifying of new mails unless I opened the app itself.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2016/11/17/how-to-fix-push-notifications-on-xiaomis-miui-8-for-real/#75c1443c4e1b

joddyting

Jan 25, 2017
With what apps you are having this problem? Me for example I don't have any problem with whatsapp but with Skype sometimes I don't get notifications because miui kills the process in the background which is very annoying.
I hope xiaomi will fix it in miui 9 (if we'll ever get this update on our rn4 anyway).

It works sometimes for Whatsapp and LINE but only sometimes, which doesn't make any sense. I'll get a notification for a message normally once and then won't get anything for awhile and be bombarded with missed messages when I open the app manually again. Doesn't seem to ever work for Gmail or Facebook messenger.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
So this means that there will be no notifications like email, whatsapp? Then how come this is smartphone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk