Push Notifications not working when app is closed

Search This thread

vsriram92

Dec 27, 2014
chennai
I have added Whatsapp and Hike to the protected app list, but still when the app is closed it stops getting push notifications.
Is this really an bug? If yes, Do we have a workaround for this?

IN Honor 7, it was working fine.. But 5X is having some problem it seems.

venom007

Nov 7, 2014
banglore
www.facebook.com
I have added Whatsapp and Hike to the protected app list, but still when the app is closed it stops getting push notifications.

go to settings>notification panel and statusbar>notification manager>go to desired app and enable it for differenet aspects like statusbar,headsp,lockscreen.
if this also dont work try factory reset.

Reactions: vsriram92

harryspar

Nov 28, 2011
go to settings>notification panel and statusbar>notification manager>go to desired app and enable it for differenet aspects like statusbar,headsp,lockscreen.
Bump, I'm having this issue with Gmail and Google Voice despite allowing them in the Protected Apps menu and enabling all notification settings.

Faheemarif252

Jul 15, 2014
I'm having the problem of late notifications... If i recieve a notif on fb, the notif will appear on panel about 9 min later

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

harryspar

Nov 28, 2011
The problem seems to be with the device correctly registering with Google's push notification servers. I tested the device and it failed a simple push notification test sequence, which my Moto E passes every time.

This is very disappointing, because both my wife and I purchased the 5X and it isn't working properly for either of us.

I think I'm going to flash CyanogenMod and see if it's better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-09-17-41-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-09-17-41-46.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_2016-09-09-17-41-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-09-17-41-37.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 231

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
Hi everybody,

I also am having problems not getting push notifications on my Honor 5X from my Arlo (home security camera) app. When the camera senses motion, it sends a notification and records a video. My phone does not receive a push notification, however, when I open the Arlo app I am able to see the video that was recorded.

The funny thing is, I can get immediate push notifications from my Arlo camera on my Motorola Moto X (1st generation) phone.

I have given my Arlo app every notification permission that there is.

I have spent weeks exchanging emails with Arlo tech support, and they have had me try every possible solution in the book, but nothing has worked. It's very discouraging.

UPDATE: I just installed an app called Push Notifications Fixer, and when I walked in front of my Arlo camera, I got an immediate notification! Amazing!

Last edited:

Nicksterrr

Apr 12, 2009
Netherlands
Guys!
I found a quick solution for anyone who is missing notifications when the app is closed by taskmanager or force close.
It's something I just tested multiple times and this solution seems to be the only working one.
I missed a lot of notifications for WhatsApp and Facebook since i closed them on the task manager screen.
The app and the service are being closed both when you do that.
However i found out that when making in a widget keeps the push service keeps working, even after closing the app manually.
I use nova launcher so i created widgets and resized them to the smallest possible.
You can now close these apps without any problems and keeping your notifications alive.

Let me know if it also works for you guys.

Should work with any app that can create widgets as well.

Sent from my EDI-AL10

cloudcover

Mar 23, 2011
Had the same issue (not getting notifications from the Arlo app), tried the Push Notification Fixer app, but that didn't solve the problem. Found this page explaining the issue and how to resolve it and that worked beautifully. All good now. Wanted to share to help out others. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The problem seems to be with the device correctly registering with Google's push notification servers. I tested the device and it failed a simple push notification test sequence, which my Moto E passes every time.

This is very disappointing, because both my wife and I purchased the 5X and it isn't working properly for either of us.

I think I'm going to flash CyanogenMod and see if it's better.
    Hi everybody,

I also am having problems not getting push notifications on my Honor 5X from my Arlo (home security camera) app. When the camera senses motion, it sends a notification and records a video. My phone does not receive a push notification, however, when I open the Arlo app I am able to see the video that was recorded.

The funny thing is, I can get immediate push notifications from my Arlo camera on my Motorola Moto X (1st generation) phone.

I have given my Arlo app every notification permission that there is.

I have spent weeks exchanging emails with Arlo tech support, and they have had me try every possible solution in the book, but nothing has worked. It's very discouraging.

UPDATE: I just installed an app called Push Notifications Fixer, and when I walked in front of my Arlo camera, I got an immediate notification! Amazing!