Put in a new battery, this is what accubattery says

Search This thread

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
So this cameron sino battery comes with a 1 yr warranty (still have another 2 months). Ebay seller replaced the battery with another. We'll see how long this new one lasts. My typical charging routine was ~40/50% to 100%. Maybe I will try 40/50% - 90% this time around. I used to go 2-3 days between charges, but lately it was every day or even twice a day. Usage hasn't changed much.

It's a bit of a shame to have to tear the phone apart again, but should be easier this time.

I did expect it to last longer than 10 months with light use. I suppose you ultimately get what you pay for. I'm just glad they're available and R&R isn't a total nightmare. I expect nothing to break :).

Btw.. The 7T gets ~9-11 hrs of soh! Incredible!

TruePlaya

Feb 24, 2010
Finally replaced my battery aswell after more than 3 years of service. It was down to about 2000mAh according to AccuBattery. I used this Cellonic one: https://www.subtel.de/Akku-fuer-ZTE...220.html?force_sid=d8vahvpmgegq122ed0nbcvujt4
Now AccuBattery reports 3010mAh and my Axon7 feels snappier and like new. Very happy to giving my beloved phone another lease of life.
When I had the phone opened there was corrosion and debris on the bottom USB socket PCB. Cleaning that up with isoprop alcohol resolved the random reboot issue I suffered aswell as high idle battery drain.
I defo recommend changing the battery, its not too hard. Tip: Use isoprop alcohol to soften the glue that holds the battery down. After the isoprop has evaporated the glue pads are tacky again so you can just put the new battery down and it´ll stick.

After a couple of charges AccuBattery reports 3020mAh - 98%. Battery life is good again, Axon7 will live on

Last edited:
Reactions: aerofly14

WheelmanM80

Mar 2, 2020
Just search "axon 7 battery" and it's pretty much every yellow battery that says "OEM" on the listing.

I concur - get one of the yellow ones. I just bought one from Amazon that came with a few tools to pry everything apart and it was fairly easy - just take your time. The battery I received has a slightly smaller footprint than the original, but it may be a bit thicker. I had no issues closing up the phone. Double-sided tape under the battery and a little dot of superglue under the speaker grilles as needed worked perfectly, as others here have suggested. The original battery was as close to failing as one could likely tolerate. Accubattery said it had 25% of the original capacity, and the phone would simply shut off once it reached somewhere between 30-40% life remaining. The new one is spectacular. Just make sure to follow the initial cycling/charging directions to maximize its capacity. Following medium use one evening/night after the first charge to 100%, it was at about 78% after I woke up the next morning. I hope it adds a few more years to this phone's life.

Reactions: aerofly14

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
LG V50 ThinQ
I concur - get one of the yellow ones. I just bought one from Amazon that came with a few tools to pry everything apart and it was fairly easy - just take your time. The battery I received has a slightly smaller footprint than the original, but it may be a bit thicker. I had no issues closing up the phone. Double-sided tape under the battery and a little dot of superglue under the speaker grilles as needed worked perfectly, as others here have suggested. The original battery was as close to failing as one could likely tolerate. Accubattery said it had 25% of the original capacity, and the phone would simply shut off once it reached somewhere between 30-40% life remaining. The new one is spectacular. Just make sure to follow the initial cycling/charging directions to maximize its capacity. Following medium use one evening/night after the first charge to 100%, it was at about 78% after I woke up the next morning. I hope it adds a few more years to this phone's life.

Oh, my battery was a direct 1:1 replacement.

I've since moved on to the LG V30 though, which is still like 3 years old now lol. I'm amazed this phone still exists.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this is my battery before swapping for a new one:
    svooRsJ.png

And this is how it reads now, with an OEM "authentic" replacement for $12

y0Ea29d.png

Ripping apart the Axon7 and replacing the battery took about 40 minutes, and is certainly not for the faint of heart. But I think it will yield something good. Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of battery usage before I ripped out the old battery. After about a full day I'd have ~15% battery left. Lite usage
    @Vaga Liki @mickey36736
    Could you still check what AccuBattery says once you have the supposedly fake 3650mAh installed ? Even tough it doesn't look good i'm still curious :D
    Thanks.

It is indeed 3140 mAh OEM battery.
    Would you mind expanding on this? How did you discover it is fake or that the battery is OEM?

I peel off the sticker out and I saw some label that exactly match up the oem one. There is another guy on the facebook group ordered the same battery and inside it was the oem battery as well.
    You need to get something very thin to pry the grills up. Once you manage to get a corner up you will be able to carefully slide something along under the grill to remove. It's all fiddly. Just need to take your time. PS don't lose the front camera lens cover, you can't buy a replacement.
    Finally replaced my battery aswell after more than 3 years of service. It was down to about 2000mAh according to AccuBattery. I used this Cellonic one: https://www.subtel.de/Akku-fuer-ZTE...220.html?force_sid=d8vahvpmgegq122ed0nbcvujt4
    Now AccuBattery reports 3010mAh and my Axon7 feels snappier and like new. Very happy to giving my beloved phone another lease of life.
    When I had the phone opened there was corrosion and debris on the bottom USB socket PCB. Cleaning that up with isoprop alcohol resolved the random reboot issue I suffered aswell as high idle battery drain.
    I defo recommend changing the battery, its not too hard. Tip: Use isoprop alcohol to soften the glue that holds the battery down. After the isoprop has evaporated the glue pads are tacky again so you can just put the new battery down and it´ll stick.

After a couple of charges AccuBattery reports 3020mAh - 98%. Battery life is good again, Axon7 will live on