• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Putting Music on SDcard

Search This thread

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
well guys i been having problem and i still dont know why tho, i been putting music on my SD car the phone reads it and then deletes it, then some other dayz it stays there but if i do a reboot or leave it there randomly it still deletes it trying to figure why does it do that and wont stay there.?:confused:

sg3love

Aug 7, 2012
Torrance
could be a bad sd card? something like that happened to me, when i came from s3 to s5 my sd card stuff wasn't being read properly so i just formatted it and it worked.. put your music on your computer then format it then try it again and see if it works!

Last edited:

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
could be a bad sd card? something like that happened to me, when i came from s3 to s5 my sd card stuff wasn't being read properly so i just formatted it and it worked.. put your music on your computer then format it then try it again and see if it works!

i tried that and still does the samething tho any ideas what causes this? and its a new Samsung 64GB SDcard

xxPLURxx

Jul 19, 2012
Orlando
Try taking the card out and using your s-finder to locate the music. Maybe the S5 moves them? I don't know, just a suggestion

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
so yesteray i put music next thing is all gone still dunno what could be never been tru something like this b4 and i am using powerAmp as a 3rd party app :confused:

sg3love

Aug 7, 2012
Torrance
so yesteray i put music next thing is all gone still dunno what could be never been tru something like this b4 and i am using powerAmp as a 3rd party app :confused:

Hm.. That is strange man, since you still have no solution i will keep taking a stab at it.

have you tried changing music players?

have you tried getting your music from a different source/checking if your music files arent corrupted?

did you check with a file explorer to see if it is 100% not there? the music files that is... and just not cached by the music app ?

and lastly.. have you tried using a different spare SD card that you have laying around? sometimes its hard to accept but SD cards come faulty my friend.. I am all out of options...:crying:

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
Hm.. That is strange man, since you still have no solution i will keep taking a stab at it.

have you tried changing music players?

have you tried getting your music from a different source/checking if your music files arent corrupted?

did you check with a file explorer to see if it is 100% not there? the music files that is... and just not cached by the music app ?

and lastly.. have you tried using a different spare SD card that you have laying around? sometimes its hard to accept but SD cards come faulty my friend.. I am all out of options...:crying:

i tried everything ill have to do is the last option but its weard tho because in that SDcard i have pictured and videos recored tho :crying:

sg3love

Aug 7, 2012
Torrance
i tried everything ill have to do is the last option but its weard tho because in that SDcard i have pictured and videos recored tho :crying:

im sorry to hear that... thats the thing with technology these days bro, you can never be 100 percent safe, its the size of a finger nail and holds your whole life in their.. so please try a spare SD card and put music and test it if it deletes..good luck :good:

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
i found the reason why now it was deleting it... i tried with a diffrent SDcard it did the same thing now that i had the option to move the 3rd party app which i used PowerAMP i moved the apped to the SDcard i rebooted it couple of times and it stood there b4 with out moving the app to the SDcard was deleting it at first i thought i was my SD but it wasent happy i did the work because some one might end up same way i was too. :laugh::laugh: