• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Puzzled with TWRP not Showing Folders

Search This thread

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
I've been using TWRP for ages, and on every phone I root. I've been running my Pixel 2 XL stock rooted. Since installing the March update (wiped everything and installed official image from Google), my phone folders aren't showing up in TWRP. Using all of the file explorers, the usual folders like Download, DCIM, Pictures, etc. all show up. Is there a setting or something I'm missing in TWRP? Everything else in TWRP is working fine, including the use of OTG. I'm at a loss here. Anybody have an answer? Thanks!

Last edited:

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
So I left out one thing. Since installing the March update and reinstalling TWRP, at start-up of TWRP my password doesn't work. I think I remember seeing that somewhere recently in a thread with other folks. So what's going on is everything is remaining encrypted, right. That's why the folders all look like jibberish instead of the folder names I'm looking for?

matt1313

Sep 24, 2010
California
Google Pixel 5
So I left out one thing. Since installing the March update and reinstalling TWRP, at start-up of TWRP my password doesn't work. I think I remember seeing that somewhere recently in a thread with other folks. So what's going on is everything is remaining encrypted, right. That's why the folders all look like jibberish instead of the folder names I'm looking for?
Remove encryption and try again. No lock screen security no fingerprint security.

Goog1e Phone

May 24, 2009
I've been using TWRP for ages, and on every phone I root. I've been running my Pixel 2 XL stock rooted. Since installing the March update (wiped everything and installed official image from Google), my phone folders aren't showing up in TWRP. Using all of the file explorers, the usual folders like Download, DCIM, Pictures, etc. all show up. Is there a setting or something I'm missing in TWRP? Everything else in TWRP is working fine, including the use of OTG. I'm at a loss here. Anybody have an answer? Thanks!

I believe the latest twrp fixes this issue as well