• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PWA/APP/WEB][Testers needed] Project Uloadr, a universal YT downloader & media converter

Search This thread

DKXC

Jul 5, 2018
Hello!
I recently started developing on a web project, which is a universal YouTube media converter and downloader. Since I am a video editor for a YouTuber myself, downloading, converting and extracting all sorts of media has been a chore for me, especially because there are no decent applications or web apps available. Either they are severely limited, or they are ridden with annoying, bait ads, possibly even malware - or, they are payware.

So I decided to start a PWA web project. A universal YouTube media downloader and converter, with advanced and very useful features.

Batch download videos, playlists - or even channels!

Download, convert, edit and extract videos directly in your browser. Cut videos or audios directly, or convert clips to a GIF, or extract original video frames.

And - it's the best of native apps and web apps - also called, a PWA. It supports a lot of native features on Android, which is a huge focus for me, since there is no good app for that.

Installable like a native app directly through your browser. Auto-paste links directly, share media directly with everyone. Integrates with the share API, so you can even directly use YouTube's share feature to directly go to the app! Notifications, offline cache.

The best part is, you can even use the app offline! Well to download you need to go online of course.

95% is done natively, in your browser using WebAssembly and native browser APIs. Awesome huh?

Since this is a bigger project, I am searching for any kind of tester. Everyone is welcome!
It will work on any major modern browser (except Safari, because Apple), but since Google loves PWAs, they made it possible a while ago to create native APKs from PWAs. So there's that!

So, I'd appreciate it a ton if you want to join the team to test it. Also, all ideas and feedback are very appreciated!

Wanna join? Join my project Discord: https://discord.gg/kRkYQH3gH7

-DK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    I recently started developing on a web project, which is a universal YouTube media converter and downloader. Since I am a video editor for a YouTuber myself, downloading, converting and extracting all sorts of media has been a chore for me, especially because there are no decent applications or web apps available. Either they are severely limited, or they are ridden with annoying, bait ads, possibly even malware - or, they are payware.

So I decided to start a PWA web project. A universal YouTube media downloader and converter, with advanced and very useful features.

Batch download videos, playlists - or even channels!

Download, convert, edit and extract videos directly in your browser. Cut videos or audios directly, or convert clips to a GIF, or extract original video frames.

And - it's the best of native apps and web apps - also called, a PWA. It supports a lot of native features on Android, which is a huge focus for me, since there is no good app for that.

Installable like a native app directly through your browser. Auto-paste links directly, share media directly with everyone. Integrates with the share API, so you can even directly use YouTube's share feature to directly go to the app! Notifications, offline cache.

The best part is, you can even use the app offline! Well to download you need to go online of course.

95% is done natively, in your browser using WebAssembly and native browser APIs. Awesome huh?

Since this is a bigger project, I am searching for any kind of tester. Everyone is welcome!
    It will work on any major modern browser (except Safari, because Apple), but since Google loves PWAs, they made it possible a while ago to create native APKs from PWAs. So there's that!

So, I'd appreciate it a ton if you want to join the team to test it. Also, all ideas and feedback are very appreciated!

Wanna join? Join my project Discord: https://discord.gg/kRkYQH3gH7

-DK