[PX3] Peugeot 407 - Factory parking sensors - steering wheel buttons

Search This thread

srdanc

Nov 3, 2019
Hi guys,
I solved the mistery and repaired my car ;)
This is how it goes.
1. Take bsi out
2. Open it
3. Near processor there is eeprom
4. Unsolder it
5. Read it with programmer and make backup
6. Edit hex and put all values to FF and program it to eeprom so it will be empty
7. solder the eeprom back
8. Assable all back
9. Code the bsi, enter pin, code keys

And all will work again.
I suggest updating
Radio MCU to 3.00 before fixing BSI.
Anyway do not mess with control settings to control parking sensors just in case...

Only coding without making eeprom totally empty wont work. Do not forget, write down all bsi settings as autimatical coding can be done only online and make sure you have pin...

Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys,
This is how it goes.
1. Take bsi out
2. Open it
4. Unsolder it
6. Edit hex and put all values to FF and program it to eeprom so it will be empty
8. Assable all back

And all will work again.
I suggest updating
Anyway do not mess with control settings to control parking sensors just in case...

Only coding without making eeprom totally empty wont work. Do not forget, write down all bsi settings as autimatical coding can be done only online and make sure you have pin...

Thank You ?

tOz666

Mar 22, 2010
Valencia
My 407 doesn't want to enable the factory rear parking sensors... using PX5 unit, at first I thought it was some incompatibility with the unit, but then I swapped back to the original RD4 stereo, and the button still doesn't want to turn on, it's always lit (sensors off).

Put diagbox to check for faults, no errors, just the Parking sensor ECU saying its in "Trailer inhibit" mode... I don't have any trailer ... both with the Android Headunit and the OEM headunit...
anyone faced this?

optimus1977

Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys,

This is how it goes.

1. Take bsi out

2. Open it

4. Unsolder it

8. Assable all back

And all will work again.

I suggest updating

This is the only working solution, but unfortunately it is not easy and the necessary equipment is not within everyone's reach.
I also have this problem on my 407sw, parking button always off + PX5 unit, but I can't find anyone able to do this job of reprogramming the eeprom.
The quickest (but expensive) solution is to install new aftermarket parking sensors. And leave the originals disabled

Last edited:
Reactions: unacs

georgeartaki

May 2, 2008
Khalkis

Marci 1977

Sep 28, 2020
407 coupe

Sziasztok szükségem volna segítségre Van egy 407 coupe vettem egy android Android 10 egységet PX5 Sajnos nem minden müködik rajta és nem férek hozzá minden funkcióhoz föleg a/c trip ajtó mi lehet a megoldás egy kicsit el vagyok keseredve előre is köszi Üdv Marci

unacs

Jul 10, 2021
Hi everyone.Im Vencislav From Bulgaria.
I read all thread about this PX3-5 android issue.As many of owners I have same problems with my Car(Peugeot 47sw).It seems decoder loop CAN communications somehow.Today I will try to Disable Trailer unit because I don't have.If Trailer Unit is on parking sensor will not work.this is only I can do for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_102436.jpg
    IMG_20210626_102436.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 53

ya5

Jun 10, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Hi everyone.Im Vencislav From Bulgaria.
I read all thread about this PX3-5 android issue.As many of owners I have same problems with my Car(Peugeot 47sw).It seems decoder loop CAN communications somehow.Today I will try to Disable Trailer unit because I don't have.If Trailer Unit is on parking sensor will not work.this is only I can do for now.

Hi, I was in the same point with PA-SS-07 canbus decoder. You need to change it to PSA-RZ-15
After change parking sensor works, you can switch it on/off with button. Auto headlights Also works and can be sitched on/of in car conttol settings.

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_171348.jpg
    IMG_20210914_171348.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51

ya5

Jun 10, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Hi guys,
This is how it goes.
1. Take bsi out
2. Open it
4. Unsolder it
8. Assable all back

And all will work again.
I suggest updating

Not True. Need to buy PSA-RZ-15 canbus decoder.
All works as it should.

unacs

Jul 10, 2021
Hi, I was in the same point with PA-SS-07 canbus decoder. You need to change it to PSA-RZ-15
After change parking sensor works, you can switch it on/off with button. Auto headlights Also works and can be sitched on/of in car conttol settings.
That is great.. Awesome. Could you be more specific "same point" you have a car with px3 or 5? And what didnt work for your car? My trunk not open and Window trunk too... Parktronik and rear wiper... DRL too.
Will be happy if post link from where did you buy it. Thanks in Advance

ya5

Jun 10, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
That is great.. Awesome. Could you be more specific "same point" you have a car with px3 or 5? And what didnt work for your car? My trunk not open and Window trunk too... Parktronik and rear wiper... DRL too.
Will be happy if post link from where did you buy it. Thanks in Advance
I was facing not workig multiple functions with PA-SS-07 + PX30, PX5, PX6.
When used PSA-RZ-15 problems are gone.
DRL works, parking sensor, wipers etc.
I bouhght it on aliexpress,

Reactions: unacs

unacs

Jul 10, 2021
Ya5. I knew about wrong canbus and You proved it. I already ordered it. There is no 407 in discriptions, but i think this is not a problem becouse Peugeot and Citroen are same. I hope this info Will help to many People Who face it with this......

srdanc

Nov 3, 2019
Not True. Need to buy PSA-RZ-15 canbus decoder.
All works as it should.
hi, it is true. If you read once again you will realize that i wrote how to repair BSI after being badly altered by canbus decoder. Your point is to how make radio work and hope you are right, i will give a try but before that i will backup my EEP from bsi.

ya5

Jun 10, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
hi, it is true. If you read once again you will realize that i wrote how to repair BSI after being badly altered by canbus decoder. Your point is to how make radio work and hope you are right, i will give a try but before that i will backup my EEP from bsi.
Hi, sorry for misunderstaning.
My Point is that it is not the only solution to fix the parking sensor issue, after button pressed, and stuck in off postion.

Your foundig and solution for eeprom is a masterclass. Its a last resort when evrtything else fail.

LakeMan79

Sep 27, 2021
I was facing not workig multiple functions with PA-SS-07 + PX30, PX5, PX6.
When used PSA-RZ-15 problems are gone.
DRL works, parking sensor, wipers etc.
I bouhght it on aliexpress,
This is very interesting. I have a Peugeot 407 SW 2.0 HDIF and I've been looking for an Android Head Unit to replace my broken RT4/5 system. I read there are a lot of issues with the parking sensors with these devices.
I was looking at the following PX5 unit:

I asume this unit is supplied with a PA-SS-07 canbus. They also state that the reverse gear sensor is not supported. I think with the PSA-RZ-15 canbus this could be solved. Do you agree?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE
    SOLVET....
    finaly I bought New Canbus from alliexpress and now it seems all work
    My Climate is shown in display. Door opened, DRL, Rear wiper, welcome function, automatic Light. I hope to not find some function Who not work.psa-rz-67

hi guys,
    all what is mentioned here is tested.
    regarding to updating bsi is already latest verion on it so it can not be done. eeprom is reseted by new configuration via vin but, it is reasonable to empty complete eeprom and fill it with FF values and lift it up again by vin online - that would solve corrupted eeprom.

so when i take my time next week again i will figure out is it eeprom or flash.

resetting, battery, recoding, pressing for 10 seconds,
    all the tricks mentioned do not work and wont work for anybody :)
    Hi guys,
    This is how it goes.
    1. Take bsi out
    2. Open it
    4. Unsolder it
    8. Assable all back

And all will work again.
    I suggest updating

i will solve that in next days and post solution.
    can be repaired :)
    same problem

Hello,
    I have the same problem. I think it's a problem with the can-bus decoder. Have you been able to solve it?