PX5 4GB RAM 8 CPU-what HU with good bluetooth call quality and working ok google

Search This thread

s.rahus

Sep 16, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am pretty familiar with these HUs. However, I have a question that I don't know if there is a definitive answer to.

Question: Is there a PX5, 4 GB RAM, 8 CPU cores, Android Oreo headunit that has good Bluetooth call quality and has mic working outside the Bluetooth app flawlessly?
- I have seen some HUs with exceptional call quality (XRC MCU with BT chip SD-968 for e.g.) but the mic would not work outside the Bluetooth app
- I have seen some HUs with mic working outside Bluetooth app but has terrible Bluetooth call quality (HUs with BT chip MD 725 for e.g.)

What I am looking for is the MCU, Bluetooth Chip combination that gives the expected result. Of course the latest HUs with PX5 board, 4GB RAM, 8 CPU cores and Android Oreo OS

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rahul U S

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
They don't exist in hassle-free quality.

BT audio quality in my experience isn't at the same level of branded or OEM.

s.rahus

Sep 16, 2011
They don't exist in hassle-free quality.

BT audio quality in my experience isn't at the same level of branded or OEM.

Yeah, that is what I understood from various threads in the forum as well. Mine is the XRC MTCD/E unit with BT chip SD-968 and I have to say that the Bluetooth call quality is fine; but then mic doesn't work outside BT app.
@twist has purchased a new PX5 unit and he was telling that the BT call quality was "good".

Cheers,
Rahul U S

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Yeah, that is what I understood from various threads in the forum as well. Mine is the XRC MTCD/E unit with BT chip SD-968 and I have to say that the Bluetooth call quality is fine; but then mic doesn't work outside BT app.
@twist has purchased a new PX5 unit and he was telling that the BT call quality was "good".

Cheers,
Rahul U S

My JY and from experience with GS and HA all have functional Mic outside of BT. e.g. Google now, search etc.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hi Guys,

I am pretty familiar with these HUs. However, I have a question that I don't know if there is a definitive answer to.

Question: Is there a PX5, 4 GB RAM, 8 CPU cores, Android Oreo headunit that has good Bluetooth call quality and has mic working outside the Bluetooth app flawlessly?
- I have seen some HUs with exceptional call quality (XRC MCU with BT chip SD-968 for e.g.) but the mic would not work outside the Bluetooth app
- I have seen some HUs with mic working outside Bluetooth app but has terrible Bluetooth call quality (HUs with BT chip MD 725 for e.g.)

What I am looking for is the MCU, Bluetooth Chip combination that gives the expected result. Of course the latest HUs with PX5 board, 4GB RAM, 8 CPU cores and Android Oreo OS

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rahul U S

The sd968 on the HA unit I installed for a friend appeared to have acceptable audio with a quality external [mic] fitted. It had a proper onboard mic input that actually disabled the internal - without mods. Other end reported no echo while maps was navigating. My

This isn't an endorsement for any particular product., Just sharing some experience. At least HA share regular updates from HCT and on the other hand haven't progressed fixing bugs such as A2dp or BT issues - despite change logs.

What