PX5 car head-unit (SF0 MCU) draining battery. No "Shutdown Delay when ACC OFF" setting

Search This thread

Max_nl

Mar 11, 2014
I have the following PX5 Android car radio: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33048215598.html

Problem is that when I switch the car off, the radio does not power off completely, but is in some kind of sleep mode, and manages to drain the battery if I do not drive the car for slightly over a week.

I heard others have a ""Shutdown Delay when ACC OFF"" option under the extra settings that can be used to configure powering it off fully, but I do not seem to have that one.
Is it reallly not possible with this model, or would I perhaps just need a software update, and if so any idea where to find one?

MCU seems to be SF0:

px5-mcu.jpg

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I have the following PX5 Android car radio: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33048215598.html

Problem is that when I switch the car off, the radio does not power off completely, but is in some kind of sleep mode, and manages to drain the battery if I do not drive the car for slightly over a week.

I heard others have a ""Shutdown Delay when ACC OFF"" option under the extra settings that can be used to configure powering it off fully, but I do not seem to have that one.
Is it reallly not possible with this model, or would I perhaps just need a software update, and if so any idea where to find one?

MCU seems to be SF0:

View attachment 5723083
In this case you should check your battery first.
I can leave my car 3 weeks at the airport, come back and just drive home without switching the radio off completely.

These units consume no more than ~10mAh and that should not lead to a drained battery after a week... only if you just use your car for short drives and the battery is not charged enough, or the installation is not correct. Think about that.

Max_nl

Mar 11, 2014
Had the same problem with another battery, that I did charge fully before putting in.
(And also replaced the alternator for an unrelated issue. Old one was outputting a low voltage when RPM is low standing still at a traffic light, new one does do proper 14v)

That said it do is a car with more problems, so yeah, it can be something else as well.
Still would like to know if there is a way to shut off the radio completely.
(Preferably something easier than pulling the fuse...)