PX5 Headunit Brightness Level Too low

Search This thread

AnaIysiS

Apr 1, 2014
Tel-Aviv
Hey guys, I have a wondefoo PX-5 Android 8.0 Headunit.
I'm pretty much satisfied with it but as I live in a very warm and sunny country, I almost can't see anything on my headunit as it's simply isn't bright enough.

The brightness is set to the maximum, and i've tried the trick with the "reverse camera brightness" which didn't help at all.
I started this thread on the hardware development as i'm sure it's a hardware "problem", and not software related.

Is there any fix to my issue? Even a paid one like an upgraded panel or something like that.
It hurts too much to "throw away" a 350$ headunit which is OEM look to my car.

Thanks, in advanced.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hey guys, I have a wondefoo PX-5 Android 8.0 Headunit.
I'm pretty much satisfied with it but as I live in a very warm and sunny country, I almost can't see anything on my headunit as it's simply isn't bright enough.

The brightness is set to the maximum, and i've tried the trick with the "reverse camera brightness" which didn't help at all.
I started this thread on the hardware development as i'm sure it's a hardware "problem", and not software related.

Is there any fix to my issue? Even a paid one like an upgraded panel or something like that.
It hurts too much to "throw away" a 350$ headunit which is OEM look to my car.

Thanks, in advanced.

If you can take some detailed internal pictures of your unit and lcd panel board, I might be able to suggest increasing the brightness potentiometer (if available.)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Try to tint your windows to dim down the light on your car.

Even better, only drive through tunnels.

AnaIysiS

Apr 1, 2014
Tel-Aviv

The sad part is that my windows are tinted, 85% on the back, 65% on the front, almost doesn't help at all.

If you can take some detailed internal pictures of your unit and lcd panel board, I might be able to suggest increasing the brightness potentiometer (if available.)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Even better, only drive through tunnels.

LOL, thank you for trying to help, i hope i can take apart the unit tommorow and upload some pictures.
Will quote you again when I have the pictures.

Andy Alias

Jan 19, 2018
Mine is also a bit dim on bright sunny days, would be good if there is an adjustable potentiometer on the board. I just had my head unit out today, wish I read this before. My unit is has a 8" IPS screen.
HTB1I_6ecBKw3KVjSZTEq6AuRpXa8.jpg

Andy Alias

Jan 19, 2018
One thing I have noticed is that there is a gap between the glass and the screen, its about 2mm at a guess. I have got a few specs of dust in there already, I don’t know if it makes a difference on how bright the screen looks in sunlight, my phone screen is laminated to the glass and looks brighter.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.