[PX5] MCTE - Any possible low temperature fix? WiFi/USB issues below 0°C!

Search This thread

crazybird82

Sep 29, 2018
Not at all, so the sleep is not longer then a hour working ... I Have nearly allways whait 30 secounds ... And Here WeGo: the female sound is not so good, oki, its bad. It's in my opinion the text-to-speak engine. Everything else is working. With DAB+ I had never problems, because of two points:

1. It's on the usb-port which is direktly from the px5-core and not over the usb-hub-chip.
2. I spend a lot of money in the dab-fm-splitter (it's a list of my part) and have with that really good FM - with the orig. antenna of my dacia lodgy.

Last edited:

Bose321

May 21, 2017
Not at all, so the sleep is not longer then a hour working ... I Have nearly allways whait 30 secounds
1. It's on the usb-port which is direktly from the px5-core and not over the usb-hub-chip.
What do you mean with sleep not longer then an hour?

Could you also explain the first point? I only have two USB connections on my unit, one USB, and one USB/3G which I have routed to my cabin so I can connect my TPMS and DAB stick from in the car. Is there another port, or am I misunderstanding you?

Btw for navigation I love Sygic (either the normal version or Pro), I don't use a TTS for the same reason, they suck and sound bad. I wish we could use the TTS voice from "Google Assistent", those sound a lot better.

crazybird82

Sep 29, 2018
What do you mean with sleep not longer then an hour?
When I power my device off or switch off the key my device goes for a shot time (around an hour) into the slep-mode. When I switch it after that on it is in 2 secounds back. <- it's now working -> Firmware 3.01 and in the settings for acc set to auto-sleep

Could you also explain the first point? I only have two USB connections on my unit, one USB, and one USB/3G which I have routed to my cabin so I can connect my TPMS and DAB stick from in the car. Is there another port, or am I misunderstanding you?
The PX5-Core-Board has two usb-"ports". At my device (erisin 7429d -> XRC) goes one directly outside (it's the OTG). The other goes now to the usb gl852g-chip. From there it goes outside and to the wifi/bt-card. So its better to have the dab+ on the firstport! At my device it is the USB/3G-Port.

Btw for navigation I love Sygic (either the normal version or Pro), I don't use a TTS for the same reason, they suck and sound bad. I wish we could use the TTS voice from "Google Assistent", those sound a lot better.
I really like google maps, but I'll install Igo Israel for when there is no internet ... Because Here without a good voice ... I can't use it. ;)

Last edited:

Bose321

May 21, 2017
The PX5-Core-Board has two usb-"ports". At my device (erisin 7429d -> XRC) goes one directly outside. The other goes now to the usb gl852g-chip. From there it goes outside and to the wifi/bt-card. So its better to have the dab+ on the firstport! At my device it is the USB/3G-Port.
Interesting. How does that look/work? I have two ports as well, but both of them work, or don't work. So I think mine has both of them connected to the faulty chip.

Bose321

May 21, 2017
I don't think the temperature is the issue for me. Has been 10-14 degrees C all day for some days and still mostly no USB. Sometimes works later in the day when I use my car again. Really sucks to have a unit that relies on DAB and TPMS via USB when USB doesn't work.

The chip is too small for me to try and solder it. I don't want to ruin the unit at completely. Isn't there an easier way? Or should I just buy a new unit?

Hi
my seller give me the following solution without change the chip GL852G ssop28

what do you think?

thanks
How would this work? What's the idea behind it? The description is very vague (also due to the horrible English). On which units would this work?

Alexander_Kwame

Dec 11, 2018
Milan
I don't think the temperature is the issue for me. Has been 10-14 degrees C all day for some days and still mostly no USB. Sometimes works later in the day when I use my car again. Really sucks to have a unit that relies on DAB and TPMS via USB when USB doesn't work.

The chip is too small for me to try and solder it. I don't want to ruin the unit at completely. Isn't there an easier way? Or should I just buy a new unit?

How would this work? What's the idea behind it? The description is very vague (also due to the horrible English). On which units would this work?

Hello
a specialized company changed the chip for me, so I fixed the problem (€ 20).

My unit is a Dasaita PX5 purchased from MTKNAVI Store on Aliexpress. The seller gave this solution!

Sorry for the english

mahtew

Nov 9, 2011
Hi

what do you think?

thanks

Hello
a specialized company changed the chip for me, so I fixed the problem (€ 20).

My unit is a Dasaita PX5 purchased from MTKNAVI Store on Aliexpress. The seller gave this solution!

Sorry for the english

Hello,

Chip swap to 852G was the only repair made? or did You also desolder modules as on attached pic? this solution is something new and im interested if it's working.

brokator

Mar 17, 2019
Hi

what do you think?
thanks
This is what they recommend according to your image.
To disconnect the USB POWER ENABLE digital control signal from MCU to ACP1252A/SY6288CAAC USB power enable and current limit chip - and hard wire enabling that chip.
By removing the resistances you will disconnect that control line. By connecting the 4-5 points you connects the USB POWER ENable control pin directly to input 5VDC voltage line. This will enable USB power at the USB output connectors as soon as 5V main power line will be present in the head unit (regardless of MCU).
It could help, if the problem lies in the USB power.

As always, try it at your own risk :)

I can post schematics here for those who are interested, but can't directly - some local forum rules forbids me to do.
So schematics is here: ibb.co/YPcrjvM

kmlnvm

Jan 8, 2015
Hi there,

At 4pda, they are writing, that some PX5 units have troubles with WiFi/USB below 0°C.
It looks like my Witson unit (MX2 MCU, PX5, Android 8) suffers from exactly this problem. The last days we had warm temperature and USB and WiFi worked perfectly.
Now I went outside and the issues are back. It's 0°C now here!

Can anyone confirm this issue?
At 4PDA, they suggest a fix by adding a screw-whole + screw to better fix the proccessor unit:

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=883219&view=findpost&p=77467642

It looks like the processor unit is only fixed by 2 and not 3 screws and especially the two most outside pins, which are responsible for wifi and usb suffer from loosing contact with cold temperature.

I'm keen on trying to hardware fix. But I'd like to know if someone has experience with this?

Christian

no problem here with px5 2GB from witson

Alexander_Kwame

Dec 11, 2018
Milan
To disconnect the USB POWER ENABLE digital control signal from MCU to ACP1252A/SY6288CAAC USB power enable and current limit chip - and hard wire enabling that chip.
By removing the resistances you will disconnect that control line. By connecting the 4-5 points you connects the USB POWER ENable control pin directly to input 5VDC voltage line. This will enable USB power at the USB output connectors as soon as 5V main power line will be present in the head unit (regardless of MCU).

I can post schematics here for those who are interested, but can't directly - some local forum rules forbids me to do.

thank you very much for explaining me how it works, but I replaced the chip with the "GL852G ssop28" and now it works great.

Woxx22

Feb 8, 2020
Fürth
same problem here with a px5 board.
But - is it possible that bt still works fine and wifi not? I think, if the GL850 is the cause then both wouldn' work.
WIth me it's "only" wifi and usb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Can you make a photo of crystal and send it here?
    Dasaita change something in board design (usb hub for sure) and currently doesn't exhibit cold temp bug.
    Info confirmed with my friend with new unit.
    I have older unit (from September) with older usb hub and need to make an upgrade.

Here is a picture
    Hi

what do you think?
    thanks

Hi there, will comment in the thread you linked. I have running that fix with tasker already but still have partial drops of the host controller. I'm also working on a tasker task to switch WiFi on as soon as it gets off.

If anyone is still interested in a hardware fix, my KSP units have a 5-pin IC for USB current limiting and I found if the part is cooled, the USB will not turn on when it wakes up. I replaced one with a TPS2001DDBVT, same package and pinout but better specs. It passed the bench test. I haven't gotten around to installing the HU yet.

Update: I installed the unit with replaced ic, and it behaved differently, though not yet correctly.
    It's worth noting, a Dasaita HU which has not exhibited the low-temperature wifi issue has the same USB hub chip, but a different (much larger) crystal attached.
    I installed the newer usb hub chip as mentioned in the other thread. No more low temperature problems, however if I reboot the unit via software (with a rooted app), the wifi does not come on. One must reboot with the reset hole. Do not try this while driving.
    How could I know if I have GL850 or GL852?

You need to open-up your HU to check. Also there is a thread on xda regardig WiFi/BT issues;
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78295553&postcount=123
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78204931&postcount=70

and I think that you can check a type of the hub with app USB HUB