[PX5][MTCD] Octa Core Android 6.0.1 MCU Update

Search This thread

alekst

Feb 23, 2018
Hello developers,

i own for a while now a MTCD Android Head Unit with the following specs:
Model: A-Media AUTO (1024x600 W)
Android: 6.0.1
MCU Version: MTCD_GS_V2.32_1 (4th March 2017)
Kernel-Version: 3.10.0 rocky@hctr930 #390 (3rd March 2017)
Build-Number: px5-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC89L user.hct.20170304.091130 test-keys

The device had from new a few issues:

the device works perfectly after a cold start (after it was minimum 3-4 hours OFF): it is very fast, very responsive. Everything works, from W-Lan to Bluetooth, GPS etc. BUT after 1-2 hours it becames very unresponsive, very slow, the GPS signal is very unstable, and the W-lan connection disappears and reappears every 10 to 20 seconds. A force restart does not help. The only thing that helps is shutting it down, and wait a longer time.

Altough i am suspecting a CPU Temperature issue, I tought I will give a firmware update a try. But im am not very familiar with the MTCD devices, and i would like to ask for your help:
- How can I find if there is a update available for my device, and if so, how can i be sure that it is compatible with my device?

Thank you in advance,
hopfully your answers will not only help me, but also others that have the same issue

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hello developers,

i own for a while now a MTCD Android Head Unit with the following specs:
Model: A-Media AUTO (1024x600 W)
Android: 6.0.1
MCU Version: MTCD_GS_V2.32_1 (4th March 2017)
Kernel-Version: 3.10.0 rocky@hctr930 #390 (3rd March 2017)
Build-Number: px5-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC89L user.hct.20170304.091130 test-keys

- How can I find if there is a update available for my device, and if so, how can i be sure that it is compatible with my device?

Thank you in advance,
hopfully your answers will not only help me, but also others that have the same issue

It's all here contained in threads, answered multiple times before and contained in wiki. With some dedication to read the forums, you'll find all that you need.

MTC(B/C/D/E) Headunits - a must read

alekst

Feb 23, 2018
It's all here contained in threads, answered multiple times before and contained in wiki. With some dedication to read the forums, you'll find all that you need.

MTC(B/C/D/E) Headunits - a must read

Thanks for your fast reply. I have found the updates I need. (MCU Update + Android Update) and installed them without any problems today. I will test the unit for 1 week, and than share with you if the problems that I mentioned in my other post are gone.

For the other users that have the same problem here are the updates needed for the MTCD_GS_V2.32_1

November 7th 2017. Source Xtrons. -->https://yadi.sk/d/vc5ygNU43PcmAu

Source: https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...eneral/mtcd-px5-headunits-repository-t3619906

Top Liked Posts