• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

PX5 MTCE Android 10 - WiFi Connectivity / Stability Issues

Search This thread

livewyr

Mar 27, 2021
Hi All,

I'm bit new to the world of Android Head Unit who recently purchased a PX5 Android 10 head unit for my Peugeot 407.

After installation everything works fine expect for one problem. WiFi doesn't work.

If I turn ON the WiFi, it finds my network, connects to it, and then immediately the WiFi turns OFF. It keeps turning ON and OFF in loop.

So reached out to my seller who provided a firmware file using which I upgraded my unit successfully. But no luck. WiFi still has the same problem. It keeps turning ON and OFF in continuous loop.

Head Unit Specifications
  • Car: Peugeot 407
  • Unit: PX5
  • CPU: Octa-core Cortex-A53 @1.5G
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Storage: 64GB
  • MCU Version: MTCE_MX2_V3.60_1
  • Kernel Version: 4.19.111+
  • Build Number: rk368-userdebug 10 [email protected] eng.hct2.20200909.085823
  • Bluetooth Module: WQ_RF210 (as pre-selected in the Factory settings in the head unit)

I've attached a video of my symptoms as well. Please can you have a look and advise / point me in the right direction to fix this WiFi problem.

I spent time tracking down the seller for firmware update because I'm not sure how to identify the specific model / manufacturer etc of the unit.

Any advise on how to identify the finer details associated with the Head Unit Model would also be very helpful.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210327_224205.zip
    55.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

snailer

Jan 13, 2011
Hi All,

I'm bit new to the world of Android Head Unit who recently purchased a PX5 Android 10 head unit for my Peugeot 407.

After installation everything works fine expect for one problem. WiFi doesn't work.

If I turn ON the WiFi, it finds my network, connects to it, and then immediately the WiFi turns OFF. It keeps turning ON and OFF in loop.

So reached out to my seller who provided a firmware file using which I upgraded my unit successfully. But no luck. WiFi still has the same problem. It keeps turning ON and OFF in continuous loop.

Head Unit Specifications
  • Bluetooth Module: WQ_RF210 (as pre-selected in the Factory settings in the head unit)

I've attached a video of my symptoms as well. Please can you have a look and advise / point me in the right direction to fix this WiFi problem.

I spent time tracking down the seller for firmware update because I'm not sure how to identify the specific model / manufacturer etc of the unit.

Any advise on how to identify the finer details associated with the Head Unit Model would also be very helpful.

Thank you.
Did you check the wifi antenna?
I have a 407 - (2007) - does your head unit allow for aircon and heating/ventilation controls and all the canbus functions?
my orange dispaly is failing so thought I'd install one of these instead
Do you have a link for the one you bought? I've been looking for octacore - most are quad
Thanks

Found some interesting info here
maybe unplug any usb's you have, and/or request a firmware update from vendor

Last edited:

livewyr

Mar 27, 2021
Did you check the wifi antenna?
I have a 407 - (2007) - does your head unit allow for aircon and heating/ventilation controls and all the canbus functions?
my orange dispaly is failing so thought I'd install one of these instead
Do you have a link for the one you bought? I've been looking for octacore - most are quad
Thanks

Found some interesting info here
maybe unplug any usb's you have, and/or request a firmware update from vendor

I can't find my exact seller listing but below link is a similar eBay listing for the same model I have got.

Peugeot 407 Android 10 PX5 4-64

Yes, it integrates seamlessly with canbus / climate control etc. It comes with a canbus connector. There's an option to connect reverse camera if you want to. But you have to buy the reverse camera separately. Other than that there's a GPS antenna, built in and extra microphones for phone calls, memory card slot, USB slots etc.

I wouldn't recommend any sellers for this kind of after market head units as they are all sold / shipped by overseas / international sellers. There's always a risk with this type purchases. So proceed with caution. If you end up getting a good unit, the risk is well rewarded. Your Pegueot gets a major upgrade.

All the best!

gratnak

Jan 12, 2014
I have a problem with my auto daylight, my old navigation system was Rneg and all work fine. When start engine auto daylight in on but when install new Witson auto daylight stop work, i must start it manuali on setting via Witson unit. I have menu auto daylight runigh light when touch it, light is on but button still unactive.

I have the same problem, any solution?

Hi All,

Head Unit Specifications

Thank you.

Have you guys found any solutions to your canbus problems with Peugeot 407? I lost my automatic headlights / daylights which I'd love to have back. Have you encountered and solved other issues with Android head units?
I can't either enable some car functions from car app from head unit (automatic lights, rear wiper, parking radar etc.). Can you see the outside / inside temperatures of the car somewhere? My A/C works somehow (responses like it should to physical buttons, but I bet it has mechanical faults instead communication problems with head unit).

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Have you guys found any solutions to your canbus problems with Peugeot 407? I lost my automatic headlights / daylights which I'd love to have back. Have you encountered and solved other issues with Android head units?
I can't either enable some car functions from car app from head unit (automatic lights, rear wiper, parking radar etc.). Can you see the outside / inside temperatures of the car somewhere? My A/C works somehow (responses like it should to physical buttons, but I bet it has mechanical faults instead communication problems with head unit).

What did the reseller suggest when contacted for support.