[Q] "1 Bad Block Encountered" Sony Xperia Arc S

Search This thread

soocool

Jan 10, 2011
I have a Sony Xperia Arc S(LT18i) Recently i tried to flash a Custom kernel(.img) to my Phone using Flash Tool but the Kernel Flashing is aborted because there is 1 Bad Block, i go back by flashing Stock ROM(.ftf) and the phone works fine with the stock recovered, i am not able to flash any custom ROM's because the boot loader partition has 1 Bad Block and whatever kernel in the Custom rom is not getting flashed, can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Badblocks while flashing custom kernels to my xperia Lt18i... any Help or clue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
I have a Sony Xperia Arc S(LT18i) Recently i tried to flash a Custom kernel(.img) to my Phone using Flash Tool but the Kernel Flashing is aborted because there is 1 Bad Block, i go back by flashing Stock ROM(.ftf) and the phone works fine with the stock recovered, i am not able to flash any custom ROM's because the boot loader partition has 1 Bad Block and whatever kernel in the Custom rom is not getting flashed, can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Badblocks while flashing custom kernels to my xperia Lt18i... any Help or clue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Certain phones have it, if it happens, you are not eligible for custom kernels. Just, you cannot install custom kernels. Life is not easy, so deal with it.

soocool

Jan 10, 2011
any one with few other ideas on this....

Certain phones have it, if it happens, you are not eligible for custom kernels. Just, you cannot install custom kernels. Life is not easy, so deal with it.

I know its a Bad block and is physical, but i heard somewhere that jtag can do the job for you, repartioning all tables, will this really help