[Q]3G on the HTC Raphael/Touch Pro

Search This thread

mriches

Jul 9, 2006
I'm totally willing to solder in a replacement IC to get 3G access up and running on my Raphael. Unfortunately, I can't afford to donate one to the effort.

Does anyone have pics of the IC that would need to be replaced, and does anyone have any idea where to find a replacement?

stepw

Feb 11, 2007
I'm totally willing to solder in a replacement IC to get 3G access up and running on my Raphael. Unfortunately, I can't afford to donate one to the effort.

Does anyone have pics of the IC that would need to be replaced, and does anyone have any idea where to find a replacement?

Check the posts on the previous page for the links to amplifiers' datasheets. Take a look at http://www.phonewreck.com for CDMA Raphael PCB images to get an idea of what the layout is like and where the amplifiers are situated.
If you are in service business, you would probably know some electronic components distributors who could get you Avago PAs. If not, then google/ebay it. If can't find one, then buying a broken Fuze and using its amplifiers is another possible approach.

Unless you have a service center level tools, don't even try this, it's next to impossible to properly remove and re-solder a surface mounted IC.

I agree with ViperBJK, probably the best solution is to introduce an add-on board, however it may also be impossible due to complications involved.

iammaz

Feb 26, 2007
maz.net.au
Do I assume then that the Xperia X1 available in Aus on 850mhz is the X1a version? Any way to check if I have one here (ideally without pulling apart my boss' new phone).
Maz

caldito

Jul 15, 2007
Buenos Aires
The question was because i have seen diamonds working in 3G in the 850 - 1900 Mhz Band. So if the amplifiers are the same there should be another diference.

viperbjk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2007
Munich
Yeah, could be the CDMA ones are different. However, I was disassembling Diamond GSM available in Germany.

Cya,

Viper BJK

Hi There

Jan 3, 2009
London
Rogers Wireless in Canada is GSM, which also has the only 3.5g network in North America, and they carry's the Touch Diamond.

HMV76

May 16, 2007
London
Anyone have an update for this?

Hi Just wondering if anyone had an update on getting EU Touch Pro to work on 850 Mhz UMTS (3G or HSDPA)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 9, 2008
Dayton Oh
Might be able to get 3G to work

I currently have a touch pro Euro and a fuze. My fuze had the white screen of death so I took it apart half way and it is sitting my desk. From what can see on phone wreck the 850Mhz amp is missing which is what is needed to power what is needed to use the 850Mhz in the USA. Sometime this week I am going to see if I can swap the circuit board that has the amp on the fuze and radio and see if that works, I am pretty sure it will. So what I would recommend is getting a fuze from Wal Mart for like $100.00 and use the board for there. I think that it was worth it for a few reasons. The touch pro has the ability to receive a full. 7.2MB download speed, which we don’t have in the US yet, but ATT has just released a statement saying they are going to have it up by summer. This would be a lot cheaper than having the same problem with the touch pro 2

wdkingery

Nov 13, 2006
I currently have a touch pro Euro and a fuze. My fuze had the white screen of death so I took it apart half way and it is sitting my desk. From what can see on phone wreck the 850Mhz amp is missing which is what is needed to power what is needed to use the 850Mhz in the USA. Sometime this week I am going to see if I can swap the circuit board that has the amp on the fuze and radio and see if that works, I am pretty sure it will. So what I would recommend is getting a fuze from Wal Mart for like $100.00 and use the board for there. I think that it was worth it for a few reasons. The touch pro has the ability to receive a full. 7.2MB download speed, which we don’t have in the US yet, but ATT has just released a statement saying they are going to have it up by summer. This would be a lot cheaper than having the same problem with the touch pro 2

i wanna know what walmart you shop at that has fuzes for $100..?

mkerdman

Dec 12, 2007
Will the TV-Out Drivers work on my AT&T Tilt AKA HTC Kaiser

The pre-release didn't come with the software for TV-out, but after buying the TV-out cable and installing the software, it worked just fine.

Same goes for the FM Radio, wasn't included in the software, but after installed worked like it was meant to be there.

Wow!

Will the same TV-Out Drivers you posted here work on my AT&T Tilt *AKA* HTC Kaiser?

Murray

labbbby

Oct 8, 2008
Two page back I was found that a power amp for UMTS850 wasn`t there.

So not possible now, and most likely never.

Elite team a month or so ago bricked one of their TP trying another hack. No news from them since then!