• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] 4.4 - Any signs on working HDMI at sight?

Search This thread

dumbsmartdumbphone

Mar 28, 2012
Non-working HDMI out

Framerate is too low and the output resolution under 720p so there is no way I can scale it fullscreen on my 16:10 tv.

Framerate drops to insanely low also on device screen immediately after you connect the HDMI.

It worked on ICS last time I remember, it broke when JB came.

Mine has not worked at all since ICS. It does not display anything to external monitors over the micro HDMI port. I have tried 3 different brands of TV and 2 separate HDMI cables so its not that. The output did work on ICS stock but I upgraded to jellybean stock and it stopped working. I am currently running CM11-20140308-SNAPSHOT-M4-tf300t and it still does not work.

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Must be your cable. .... omnirom and cm11 both work without an issue for me.

Pic is my tf300t running omnirom 4.4, connected to my Sony NSX-24gt google tv. Also works on my 50" hisense led tv.

Audio and video are fully functional.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396127538880.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396127538880.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 130

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Im using phils touch cwm and omni homemade from scanno.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396129184473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396129184473.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 114

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Cant be, this is still the same cable I used on ICS when I got it and it was working correctly. Im running on latest CM Nightly atm..

Could it possibly be a hardware incompatibility with newer roms...?

I have seen others say some TV's are picky. Im not sure as I ran the latest nightly of CM and my hdmi out was working properly. Have you tried the latest Omni homemade build? If you flash back to a 4.1 rom, you get working hdmi on the same tv? I dont think it makes a difference but you could try using the same recovery and BL im using as well. I wonder if the BL could cause a driver issue?

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app

I have seen others say some TV's are picky.
I still have the same TV and same cable, I also tried on other TV's and the problem still persists.

If you flash back to a 4.1 rom, you get working hdmi on the same tv?
Didnt work on 4.1 rom but it worked last time on 4.0.

Have you tried the latest Omni homemade build?
No, guess I have to give it a shot.

I seriously hope someone can figure this out :(

elot01

Mar 24, 2010
www.lotgerink.com
Nokia X10/X20
Amazfit
Must be your cable. .... omnirom and cm11 both work without an issue for me.

Pic is my tf300t running omnirom 4.4, connected to my Sony NSX-24gt google tv. Also works on my 50" hisense led tv.

Audio and video are fully functional.

Hey, i must have, missed something.
Are you saying that you got a rom working with full HD on the Asus tf300?
Or is het just outputting to HDMI the same pixels as the tablet has? Which is less than full HD.

--------------------------------------
Sent from Asus TF300T with Tapatalk

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Or is het just outputting to HDMI the same pixels as the tablet has? Which is less than full HD.

The TF300T never had full working HD via HDMI, only ever 720p.

The changes that occurred in the newest kernel release (10.6.1.27.5) only allowed 1080p output for full HD videos.

Having said that, it would appear that the CM11 kernel (meaning the custom ones as well) are still based on the 10.6.1.15.3 kernel

EDIT: DERP!! No the CM11 source does contain the changes for 10.6.1.27.5 I'm just blind

Last edited:

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore

The OP isnt getting anything working. My tablet is outputting just fine ( as screen shot shows ) using omnirom. Ive never had any issues with my hdmi out. Im thinking some just have very very picky television sets. Ive got a high end sony and a low end hisense. ....both work fine. Hopefully the OP figures it out.