[Q] 4G icon on a few ROMs.

Search This thread

Hypercore

Apr 16, 2009
Vancouver
Hey everyone, I have two favourite ROMs on these forums but I've had an annoying problem with both. It's SickSense and Nocturnal. When I install these ROMs there's always a 4G icon regardless of my current connection. If I'm on Wifi, there's still an annoying 4G icon. I've flashed the Stock System UI and it's still there.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the constant 4G icon?

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Hey everyone, I have two favourite ROMs on these forums but I've had an annoying problem with both. It's SickSense and Nocturnal. When I install these ROMs there's always a 4G icon regardless of my current connection. If I'm on Wifi, there's still an annoying 4G icon. I've flashed the Stock System UI and it's still there.

It's because the rom is at&t based, if you can find the gsm patch from pre 4.x cleanrom you can flash that to get rid of it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010

CleanRom has a gps patch which will remove it. not sure if it will with other roms.try CleanRom

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
I know this may seem like asking a lot but I can not find a link to it anywhere, not even in the thread
Could.someone please link me?

I think Cleanrom removed the gsm patch from his build due to issues sinde he deoxed the latest, so buggy or something.

Download the cleanrom 3 and unzip it, there is a cleanrom sdcard folder where the extras are located you can grab it from there i think.

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
I think Cleanrom removed the gsm patch from his build due to issues sinde he deoxed the latest, so buggy or something.

Download the cleanrom 3 and unzip it, there is a cleanrom sdcard folder where the extras are located you can grab it from there i think.

or wait for the new cleanrom 4.5 it will not have the annoying 4g icon by default now

EoinCuinn

Aug 4, 2011
or wait for the new cleanrom 4.5 it will not have the annoying 4g icon by default now

I'm waiting.

I'm on the Telstra One XL, same issues, because our network goes 3g / Next G / 4g, with NextG sort of being the equivalent of your 4g, and 4g being the equivalent of your LTE. Poor thing doesn't have a clue what to do. I got stuck into the systemui.apk last night and had a look, but the work involved swapping the icons out and getting the xml right on a few glasses of port looked a bit daunting. I'm just gonna stick it out.

More annoyingly for the Telstra phone, we have an option in connections called Network Mode which enables us to hop from LTE (4g) back to NextG very easily, none of the custom roms have it.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone