[Q] 64Gb sd card would work?

Search This thread

the_alchemist

Jan 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if a 64Gb micro sd card works with I9070, or if would there be anything that would stop/prevent it from working?

Thanks in advance!

Frag1le

Nov 1, 2007
Redmi Note 10 Pro
No, max size is 32gig, it is a hardware setting that can't be changed.

It's not a hardware setting, the hardware supports SDXC or it doesn't.
It'll probably not support MicroSDXC cards as this phone is almost the same as the S3 Mini and many articles write that the S3 mini supports up to 32 GB just like the Galaxy S Advance. So it seems the Novathor chipset do not support MicroSDXC yet.

Although this phone is called the Galaxy S2 lite it doesn't have the Exynos chipset and thus doesn't seem to support 64GB unlike the S2.

As i can't test this myself i could be wrong.

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia
no need using class 10,i using class 4 32GB sd card really enough for me so smooth,when apps running it don't care what class of card,different class card just the read and write(copy and paste files) speed not same only…i just doubt :confused: want double confirm 64GB can run i9070 with no problem?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: dungeonshard

coolkillermax

Nov 12, 2012
Malaysia

lafarz

Apr 3, 2013
According to Wikipedia
"SDHC host devices accept SDXC cards that follow Version 3.0, since the interface is identical"

The main difference is the partition and filesystem that SDXC uses (proprietary M$oft exFAT), I suppose.
If the card is reformated to FAT32 or other FS that android recognise the size of a card, in theory, should be limited only by the sector chosen during the formating.

Am I wrong?

AnMotass

Dec 23, 2012
Now i've got my 16GB MicroSD :D

It's class 4 :(

lafarz

Apr 3, 2013
Class 4 (and other classes) stands only for the minumum speed that the card has to deliver to you. So it is possible, that it will be faster in some cases than the class6 device for example.

BTW do you know the reliable app that can measure SD speed in your phone?
I've got Class10 SanDisk. It is said (by the manufacturer) that the speeds are 30MBps up/down. I'm curious if it was a small or a big lie :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirm

...want double confirm 64GB can run i9070 with no problem?

Hi! I can confirm that the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 works with my stock i9070. I put it in the device and formated it. Now I can user 59.4GB.

Best regards.

Phila
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if a 64Gb micro sd card works with I9070, or if would there be anything that would stop/prevent it from working?

Thanks in advance!

I just tried with 64 GB Kingston class 10 and after format it shows 59 GB available. So it seems to work :victory:

gl
    its work

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

i use sandisk ultra 64gb for my s advance. tested on light jb v.1. swap
    no need using class 10,i using class 4 32GB sd card really enough for me so smooth,when apps running it don't care what class of card,different class card just the read and write(copy and paste files) speed not same only…i just doubt :confused: want double confirm 64GB can run i9070 with no problem?

Hi,
    I got the problem with my micro sd card, my phone won't see it..
    It's 2gig's so there's no option it's blocked because of being to big. I'm quite sure that my m-sd is not broken cause it works with my computer.
    in my i9070's settings there's always some usb memory mounted and it has 3,91gig's (2,28 used), system memory is 1,51 avivable, tere's block called memory card but it not responding when i'm plugging my card in.
    I think that when I'm plugging my card in there's should be highlighted option: "enable your sd card" but it's always grey and not responding..

My cell's info:
    Samsung S Advance i9070
    NOT Branded rom (PLAY) GINGERBREAD.XXLK2, ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.6
    KERNEL: 2.6.35.7-1211579 [email protected] #2 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 15 20:22:18 kst 2012
    modem Version: I9070XXLK2

Try restarting your phone and inserting. If that doesn't work, insert the memcard while phone is switched off and then switch on.
    If that too doesnt work, copy all the contents to your PC, format it and copy the contents back. See if it works..

Edit: also see if another card works....