• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4

Search This thread

Sach97

Feb 2, 2016
Jaipur
USB OTG Support problem....

I am using a new version of this Rom namely CM 11-12 by Niko_Belic605 located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/s7562/development/cm11-12-rom-s7562-t3308611

I am having problems regarding USB OTG....
it is not working on my device
the logcat file has been attached with the post.
I think there are some kernel errors.....
please help.....it will be beneficial for me and others.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    125.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Ritik99

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
I am using a new version of this Rom namely CM 11-12 by Niko_Belic605 located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/s7562/development/cm11-12-rom-s7562-t3308611

First it is no new version of this rom! It is an older modified version.

You need a special y-cable for otg to work as the device doesn't provide the power to the attached external device.
Ive gone through the logcat quickly but couldn't find related errors or warnings.

douhung

Apr 3, 2016
Hong Kong
Install method:
1. Reboot to download mode and flash stock hun firmware with Odin.
I am a newbie on android and custom rom. I have the following questions:
  1. do I need to backup my stock firmware or app data before I flash stock hun firmware with Odin? if so, should I backup the stock firmware or just app data?
  2. I am from Hong Kong. in the samsung website there is stock firmware based on Hong Kong. is there any problem if I flash stock hun firmware?
  3. I use both English and Chinese in my phone. it has chinese display and chinese keyboard including handwriting. after flashing the stock hungarian and the Unofficial CM11 firmware, can I read and input chinese? or do I need to install chinese app or chinese keyboard?
many thanks for your kind effort in providing the custom ROM and support!!! :)

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
I am a newbie on android and custom rom. I have the following questions:
  1. do I need to backup my stock firmware or app data before I flash stock hun firmware with Odin? if so, should I backup the stock firmware or just app data?
  2. I am from Hong Kong. in the samsung website there is stock firmware based on Hong Kong. is there any problem if I flash stock hun firmware?
  3. I use both English and Chinese in my phone. it has chinese display and chinese keyboard including handwriting. after flashing the stock hungarian and the Unofficial CM11 firmware, can I read and input chinese? or do I need to install chinese app or chinese keyboard?
many thanks for your kind effort in providing the custom ROM and support!!! :)

*Backup is always recommended whenever you're about to change anything in your system, boot, recovery partitions.

*A person from Hungary can flash a ROM based on Indian firmware and vice versa, why can't a person from hong kong?

* Default language is English but you can change the system language from settings-language- there is chinese.
but the default keyboard doesn't support Chinese. you can download swiftkey keyboard or google keyboard.
(The stock Samsung keyboard won't work on cm11 without some dev modifications.)

The best way for you would be to flash a custom recovery first. refer to the original post of unofficial cm11 thread

Reactions: douhung

balindam bajpai

Sep 2, 2015
lucknow

i am fed up with these question of cm11-12 rom in cm11 thread, why dont you all ask the so called developer of that rom and let him do that.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

How to change the boot animation for this anyways? :(

you can go for bootanimations apk downloadable which can me switched in theme setting of the phone,either way you can download custom themes which have integrated bootanimations.

Reactions: khalykbek

azizonlyone

Feb 20, 2015
Kolkata
I installed the following yours step, but after installation (First boot) showing "Setting has stop working"
Please Please Please Please help me..............................................
Thanks in advance...................................
Waiting for your response.

kengnatural

May 5, 2011
Istanbul
I installed the following yours step, but after installation (First boot) showing "Setting has stop working"
Please Please Please Please help me..............................................
Thanks in advance...................................
Waiting for your response.
Did you reboot after flashing the ROM before flashing gapps?

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

andigeissler

Jun 22, 2016
Problems with GPS Sports Trackers

Hi,
generally I am very impressed about the CM11 build for the DUOS, thanks a lot for the work!!!:eek:
It speeded up my phone dramatically and stopped me from thowing it to the bin.

But I have the following problem:
While using GPS Sports Trackers (Endomondo, Sports-Tracker) the phone gets stuck after a couple of kilometers.
The screen is black and the bottom lights are on, the only way to recover is a reeboot.
The trackers show the recording of a number of kilometers until they stop.

Anyone else with the same problem and any idea about a fix ?
Thanks
Andreas

Reactions: kengnatural

kengnatural

May 5, 2011
Istanbul
Hi,
generally I am very impressed about the CM11 build for the DUOS, thanks a lot for the work!!!:eek:
It speeded up my phone dramatically and stopped me from thowing it to the bin.

But I have the following problem:
While using GPS Sports Trackers (Endomondo, Sports-Tracker) the phone gets stuck after a couple of kilometers.
The screen is black and the bottom lights are on, the only way to recover is a reeboot.
The trackers show the recording of a number of kilometers until they stop.

Anyone else with the same problem and any idea about a fix ?
Thanks
Andreas

I used OruxMaps application a lot tracking several tens of kilometers during my cycling workouts and did not notice any problem like yours.
But there was a bad period when the phone hung as yours. After wiping everything and reflashing again the problem was solved for me.

vv3xxx

Jun 29, 2016
Sry that I wrongly posted it in main thread
Hi, i have problems flashing TWRP on S7562: flashed kyleopen-cwm5-v3 with odin, then in CWM recovery tried install TWRP_2.8.0.1 zip from sdcard. But then upon trying to get into recovery it hangs on samsung boot logo. Flashed cwm again, tried TWRP_3.0.2, same problem.
Phone works fine with just cwm. Please help​
now I also tried twrp 2.7.0.0, tried all from scatch with stock hun rom and recovery and other tricks taking battery out after cwm flash, wiping etc. always same problem twrp not starting. There have been quite a few others with the same problem but no solution so far. Is it possible to use just cwm ?

kengnatural

May 5, 2011
Istanbul
Sry that I wrongly posted it in main thread
Hi, i have problems flashing TWRP on S7562: flashed kyleopen-cwm5-v3 with odin, then in CWM recovery tried install TWRP_2.8.0.1 zip from sdcard. But then upon trying to get into recovery it hangs on samsung boot logo. Flashed cwm again, tried TWRP_3.0.2, same problem.
Phone works fine with just cwm. Please help​
now I also tried twrp 2.7.0.0, tried all from scatch with stock hun rom and recovery and other tricks taking battery out after cwm flash, wiping etc. always same problem twrp not starting. There have been quite a few others with the same problem but no solution so far. Is it possible to use just cwm ?

Seems that only you suffer from this as nobody reported about it. I'll check tomorrow if it is possible to take logs from CWM to see what happens when you flash TWRP through it. Also I'll try to make a TWRP archive which can be flashed directly by ODIN without CWM.

Last edited:

vv3xxx

Jun 29, 2016
I've created ODIN flashable image of the latest TWRP. Please, try to flash the following file via ODIN and see if it solves your problem.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424944232

No, did not solve problem, again Twrp not loading. After trying some other things I almost bricked phone (only download mode working) only got it working again using this guide forum.xda-developers.com/s7562/general/troubleshoot-pit-file-baseband-files-t3246791 . Tried again flashing your twrp drectly with odin: not working, cwm: ok, flashing twrp w/cwm:no. Tried before and after flashing hun fw, always the same.
As I said before there were others having prbly the same problem eg:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s75...tkat-4-4-4-t3024960/post64326906#post64326906
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s75...tkat-4-4-4-t3024960/post64273237#post64273237
and more...
Maybe twrp is not working with all firmwares.
But thanks you anyway for providing odin flashable twrp img, should make it easier for others.

Reactions: kengnatural

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this a request for the modules?
    Gesendet von meinem GT-S7562
    anyway
    here is the rc3 kernel with modules
    plus one thats slightly more oc'd (1209MHz) which i built for testing
    basically like the one for rc2 but without f2fs enabled ramdisk (you can do it on your own if you know how to ;))

Edit: forgot to mention
    before or after installing mod kernel
    -delete /system/lib/modules/frandom.ko
    -edit /system/etc/init.d/00frandom by putting a # before the line that starts with "insmod"
    -reboot

frandom is now built in that's why

First it is no new version of this rom! It is an older modified version.

You need a special y-cable for otg to work as the device doesn't provide the power to the attached external device.
    Ive gone through the logcat quickly but couldn't find related errors or warnings.
    @KlinkOnE bruv
    1. What's the benifits of this kernel?
    2. Do i need a fresh rc3 installation when am already on RC3?
    3. Which one is best according to your experience between these twos?

just flash over rc3 using your favorite recovery..

same as here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59512042&postcount=268

-based on majonez ba2x repo
    -f2fs filesystem support (just built in you'll have to edit fstab if you want to use)
    -upstreamed to kernel version 3.0.79
    -linaro 4.9 toolchain
    -disabled some samsung stuff (logging, debugging and hogging)
    -disabling sec_dvfs fixed behaviour with frequency not sticking in performance menu

+ this time
    -optimization level -O2
    -GPU lowered to 245MHz (stock)
    -1209MHz OC
    -VDD-level control (UV) activated for testing (doesnt work propably never)

dont expect too much try it though

ive no plans on going back to stock atm but highly depends on your personal flavor
    Firmware

Dev, can you pls upload another link for the firmware .? tnx
    @GiannisSma bro i followed all the process & read all the Q&A of this thread but still facing same problem. gservice is also frozen by link2sd, thn where is the problem? i m using RC3
    I don't do any setting at servicedisabler or freeze the gplay service with link2sd. Only at privacy gurd I turn off the location, project, keep awake, auto start.