[Q&A] [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

sayooj143

Feb 8, 2015
please upload fat.bin file of base band S7562XXALJ4 firmware version for S duos

please upload the fat.bin file of the base band S7562XXALJ4 firmware version for Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) from region XEH. Then i can change my base band without downloading the entire file. I can change the base band according to abhi921 thread. so please upload the fat.bin file of the above mensioned base band.

sayooj143

Feb 8, 2015
cant download the base band

the baseband link given is not downloading at all. it just try to start then stops. If you dont have the fat.bin file then plz give me another link of the baseband

m4jonez

Does this rom work on Samsung Galaxy S Duos??????

It is only for Galaxy S Duos.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

hey bro nice work..you r absolute brilliant..can u modify it for gt-7582 as well?

Sorry, but I don't have enough time.

I dont use it, so I don't want to fix. If you want a working bluetooth, try to fix yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: afnan_khela

sefu80

Dec 26, 2013
hi

cannot download ,the file look like this... cm-11-20150205-UNOFFICIAL-kylessopen-RC1.zip .exe,
the file is deleteed by norton ...

shakti30

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2015
GB
meettomy.site
nice work done

thanks for making m old duos alive again..rom work great for me..smooth and fast.But with no signal..hv to install hungarian firmware ..
one question :- when to flash baseband before flashing cm11 or after flashing CM11 ?I HV NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT BASEBAND..thats why

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

try this. Extracted from S7562XXALJ4_S7562OXXALJ3_XEH .

do u have fat.bin file for s7562xxbne2

paraskaushal

Feb 10, 2015
Good Job,Need to be improved!

Q&A for [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [CM11][GT-S7562] Samsung Galaxy S Duos Kitkat 4.4.4. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Please Increase its Performance.Its Somewhat Slow :( otherwise awesome.

Last edited:

David Rice

Feb 10, 2015
It is Cool

Hi, I am very grateful to you for the done work. Critical mistakes it was revealed not unless sometimes reboots on charging from USB. Whether it is possible to realize swap ap Internal SD with ext SD? It is important. Thanks. :)

whiteRav3n

Mar 13, 2014
Tacloban City
thanks for making m old duos alive again..rom work great for me..smooth and fast.But with no signal..hv to install hungarian firmware ..
one question :- when to flash baseband before flashing cm11 or after flashing CM11 ?I HV NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT BASEBAND..thats why

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

do u have fat.bin file for s7562xxbne2

no.

0data

Feb 10, 2015
Thanks!!

Dear m4jonez!
Thank you so much! Köszönjük! :)
For me cm11 increased usefulness. I was on stock hungarian rom, with heavy debloating, etc. Since I tried this ROM, I have zero typing and scrolling lag in Opera, etc. And I really like that I can use some new apps restricted to 4.1+.

My experience so far: everything works well, no more lag in Opera etc, really like the new features.
I disabled cClock as it was looking for location info all the time, and some part of the battery drain stopped.
I was using the stock Hungarian rom, kernel baseband XXLJ3 with Vodafone H And T-Mobile H (rarely turned on). Then I switched to Telenor H, and the battery drain started especially when data is turned on.

-The same battery drain exist with CM11 too, when data is turned on. (Better Battery Stats show no excess apps, wakelocks, only RILS)
-Data connection someties freezes, needs to be turned off, the on again to get it to work.
So it would be good to try out other basebands.

Thanks for this wonderful work!

Reactions: nimbosa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this a request for the modules?
    Gesendet von meinem GT-S7562
    anyway
    here is the rc3 kernel with modules
    plus one thats slightly more oc'd (1209MHz) which i built for testing
    basically like the one for rc2 but without f2fs enabled ramdisk (you can do it on your own if you know how to ;))

Edit: forgot to mention
    before or after installing mod kernel
    -delete /system/lib/modules/frandom.ko
    -edit /system/etc/init.d/00frandom by putting a # before the line that starts with "insmod"
    -reboot

frandom is now built in that's why
    I am using a new version of this Rom namely CM 11-12 by Niko_Belic605 located here http://xdaforums.com/s7562/development/cm11-12-rom-s7562-t3308611

I am having problems regarding USB OTG....
    it is not working on my device
    the logcat file has been attached with the post.
    I think there are some kernel errors.....
    please help.....it will be beneficial for me and others.
    First it is no new version of this rom! It is an older modified version.

You need a special y-cable for otg to work as the device doesn't provide the power to the attached external device.
    Ive gone through the logcat quickly but couldn't find related errors or warnings.
    @KlinkOnE bruv
    1. What's the benifits of this kernel?
    2. Do i need a fresh rc3 installation when am already on RC3?
    3. Which one is best according to your experience between these twos?

just flash over rc3 using your favorite recovery..

same as here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59512042&postcount=268

-based on majonez ba2x repo
    -f2fs filesystem support (just built in you'll have to edit fstab if you want to use)
    -upstreamed to kernel version 3.0.79
    -linaro 4.9 toolchain
    -disabled some samsung stuff (logging, debugging and hogging)
    -disabling sec_dvfs fixed behaviour with frequency not sticking in performance menu

+ this time
    -optimization level -O2
    -GPU lowered to 245MHz (stock)
    -1209MHz OC
    -VDD-level control (UV) activated for testing (doesnt work propably never)

dont expect too much try it though

ive no plans on going back to stock atm but highly depends on your personal flavor
    Firmware

Dev, can you pls upload another link for the firmware .? tnx
    @GiannisSma bro i followed all the process & read all the Q&A of this thread but still facing same problem. gservice is also frozen by link2sd, thn where is the problem? i m using RC3
    I don't do any setting at servicedisabler or freeze the gplay service with link2sd. Only at privacy gurd I turn off the location, project, keep awake, auto start.