Search This thread

kgms_hylian

Oct 20, 2014
These are the apks
Put em in that folder and set permissions
Reboot...
Running on CM11
TWRP 2.8

Okay, I am a complete noob for this apparently, my bad. I don't have any gapps folder on my phone, or priv-app. I found it in the gapps lite zip though, which I cannot extract, because the only thing it does is freezing my 7zip. :S It says "unsupported compression method" and just freezes. The rom's file manager cannot handle zip either, and after flashing gapps lite it did not make any folders that I can find. So the only thing that I am pretty sure about at the moment, that I have nooo idea what am I supposed to do D:
Also, copying apks.. how does this supposed to work? I mean I thought the phone doesn't touch those by itself, only when they got somehow installed onto the system, till then it is just an unused file in the storage, isn't it?
Sorry, I appear to be really slow at these stuff:)

Frozen_Lemon

Oct 7, 2014
Kerala
Okay, I am a complete noob for this apparently, my bad. I don't have any gapps folder on my phone, or priv-app. I found it in the gapps lite zip though, which I cannot extract, because the only thing it does is freezing my 7zip. :S It says "unsupported compression method" and just freezes. The rom's file manager cannot handle zip either, and after flashing gapps lite it did not make any folders that I can find. So the only thing that I am pretty sure about at the moment, that I have nooo idea what am I supposed to do D:
Also, copying apks.. how does this supposed to work? I mean I thought the phone doesn't touch those by itself, only when they got somehow installed onto the system, till then it is just an unused file in the storage, isn't it?
Sorry, I appear to be really slow at these stuff:)

That gapps folder is created by me to store those apks,just in case :D you could extract them with ESFile Explorer :) And if you put em in the priv-app folder which is located in your system partition and give the right permission they will get installef on reboot :)

Running on CM11
TWRP 2.8

axel007

Jul 20, 2009
"Insufficent Storage"

Hello. I have installed the latest stable CM11 (cm-11.0.0-RC12-marvel.zip) on my Wildfire S. I have installed a GAPPS "light" version. Everything seems fine. Then I go to the Google Play store to install some of my apps on this phone (which I want to use as a backup for my Xperia ZR). As soon as I try to install the first app (Swiftkey in this case) I get an error message on the device saying that there is "Insufficient Storage". The device, under Internal Storage, shows: Total Space: 150MB, Available: 60.43MB, Apps: 138MB, Cached Data: 528KB. Under SD Card, it shows 7.1GB available. No idea what to do now...

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
Hello. I have installed the latest stable CM11 (cm-11.0.0-RC12-marvel.zip) on my Wildfire S. I have installed a GAPPS "light" version. Everything seems fine. Then I go to the Google Play store to install some of my apps on this phone (which I want to use as a backup for my Xperia ZR). As soon as I try to install the first app (Swiftkey in this case) I get an error message on the device saying that there is "Insufficient Storage". The device, under Internal Storage, shows: Total Space: 150MB, Available: 60.43MB, Apps: 138MB, Cached Data: 528KB. Under SD Card, it shows 7.1GB available. No idea what to do now...

Since Kitkat was never meant to run on our devices, the storage problem is something that is inevitable. This might happen even when there is more storage shown in the settings than the size of the app you are downloading. If you want to install a bunch of apps you will have to resort to things like Link2SD, Data2SD or INT2EXT. But you will have to create another partition(An EXT partition) on your device for this and it will impact the speed of the phone depending on the method you use

Reactions: axel007

axel007

Jul 20, 2009
Since Kitkat was never meant to run on our devices, the storage problem is something that is inevitable. This might happen even when there is more storage shown in the settings than the size of the app you are downloading. If you want to install a bunch of apps you will have to resort to things like Link2SD, Data2SD or INT2EXT. But you will have to create another partition(An EXT partition) on your device for this and it will impact the speed of the phone depending on the method you use

csoulr666, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I realized this as well. The WFS has 512MB RAM and I assumed that after a clean instal of CM11, much of that would be available for user apps and their memory needs. That obviously isn't the case. I've installed L2SD and moved a few of the systems apps to the card, used SDMaid to make sure no corpses were left, then installed most of the apps I really need and moved them to the card as well. I continue to have the problem with Swiftkey though. Although I have set L2SD to install to the card by default, it still aborts the Swiftkey installation every time, quoting lack of memory. I guess even though it's set to install directly to the card it still needs internal memory for the process and Swiftkey is too big for that. Is that correct? And if yes, can you think of any way around that?

Again, thanks for your earlier reply, much appreciated.

Last edited:

M.fahad

Oct 10, 2014
Realme 3 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
:mad:

Try to reinstall. Also you can try out different ROM's. Only need to write in sd card.

i already did but still stuck on htc logo. why i am having this trouble?

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Try to reinstall. Also you can try out different ROM's. Only need to write in sd card.

abd other roms are working perfectly i want stable kitkat on my device

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
csoulr666, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I realized this as well. The WFS has 512MB RAM and I assumed that after a clean instal of CM11, much of that would be available for user apps and their memory needs. That obviously isnt the case. Ive installed L2SD and moved a few of the systems apps to the card, used SDMaid to make sure no corpses were left, then installed most of the apps I really need and moved them to the card as well. I continue to have the problem with Swiftkey though. Although I have set L2SD to install to the card by default, it still aborts the Swiftkey installation every time, quoting lack of memory. I guess even though its set to install directly to the card it still needs internal memory for the process and Swiftkey is too big for that. Is that correct? And if yes, can you think of any way around that?

Again, thanks for your earlier reply, much appreciated.

Link2Sd moves the app AFTER it installs once...... So if you don't have enough storage, you won't be able to install the app in the first place.

reazecon

Nov 16, 2014
Khulna
Hello, I need kitkat 4.4.4 custom rom. There are so many items provided in the download folder. Please give me the link of the rom so that it will work on my HTC Wildfire S a510e. Thank you.

mcflame

Jan 30, 2013
WFS 2012 anyone ?

Anyone with 2012 version who got it working is heartly welcomed to please tell how they did it . I did everything but still nothing . Any dev who can get it work on 2012 model ? The recovery I am using right now it by ngoralph , modded for our piece of sh*t model .

Frozen_Lemon

Oct 7, 2014
Kerala
Is anyone facing a problem with WiFi tethering?
It says its turned on but no other device is able to detect it.
Plus there is no icon on the status bar(probably normal)

Running on CM11
TWRP 2.8

sajjad95s

Nov 12, 2014
Increased internal memory [Q&A] CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC MSM7x27 devices

how i can Increased internal memory
i cant install app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-18-21-18-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-21-18-56.png
    34 KB · Views: 39

z4ck1n

Jan 10, 2012
IS this the fix/workaround for wifi tethering issue?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2304673
https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk&can=2&q=

Afshin729

May 21, 2013
Tehran
Hello guys;
I don't know anyone face with that or not;I installed last version of cm 11.and touch gappes with int2ext+ and still have 1.6 GB free space but anytime open Facebook forces to close and give a message that Facebook needs more space and your disc space is running in low space?!
Any suggestion?

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't know if this is the right place but here it goes, so I installed CM 11 flashed rom reboted and then reboted in recovery flashed gapps working so far, but I have no lockscreen no play store and its very laggy works very slow.. have to press the back button like 5 times so it goes back, is there anyway to fix this?
    That being said, great work Olivier and thanks for all your great roms :) !

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Feel free to discuss non-development-related topics here or ask any questions. :D
    What you need to fix gprs?
    hi guys

I update my WFS as see below instruction with this package = cm-11.0.0-RC9-marvel.zip *** gapps-KK-4.4.0-signed.zip **** cronmod int2ext+_signed.zip

'' Process for normal flash:
    wipe everything (data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe Dalvik cache).
    format /boot, cache, data, system, sd-ext (if you have).
    Flash the ROM
    reboot system now
    Wait until boot finish (5-10 min) and after that reboot on recovery
    Flash the GApps
    wipe dalvik cache
    reboot system now ''

We have problem

very important; when incoming call, not showing screen, no ring, no vibrate.Just I can see call, in missing call area.

Other problem , quick setting panel not working on status bar shortcut

Please help me?

This rom very class, but it have same class problemm:(

I solve my problem, with at below package :good::D

CWM recovery 6.0.5.3 (recovery.img) link= http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=8015
    WFSY11.0-WFS-V6.0.zip link= http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=5052#downloads
    Gapps-KK-4.4.0-Signed.zip link= Google Drive: http://goo.gl/byzNy7
    CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip link= http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00030/Otj/CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip

Wildfire S - class 10 sdcard
    fat32 32kb primary
    ext4 default primary
    flash rom > reboot system (so so 10 minute) > wait while view android dekstop > power off with press power button
    >power on + volume decrease button> recovery CWM 6.0.5.3 seeing>select zip from sdcard and gapps... zip > wipe dalvik cache > reboot system now > wait while view android dekstop >power off with press power button>power on + volume decrease button> select zip from sdcard and CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip select and wait while install progess>select reboot system now>that's all enjoy

Thanks XDA and in people
    @Olivier
    the new CWM & TWRP recovery do not work on WFS 2012 (HBOOT 1.09.0099)
    SO I can't install CM11
    can you fix it?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone