• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q&A] [DEV] Gear S: Android Port

Search This thread
Jun 13, 2021
Atlanta
Okay sort of related

Is there a companion app? Where I can get notifications from my phone to my watch?

I'm only using my phones hotspot as a data connection for it, since 3g isn't working and is being shut down.

LendeusGG

Dec 1, 2021
Samsung Gear S
Hi! I accidentally bricked my Gear S, and can't get out of Bootloop. I have the Tizen files, and Odin installed and working on my PC. Now all I need to know is how to get it out of the bootloop. Could I please have exact instructions on how to get it back o Tizen?

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks. Running! Just sad it wont work with my s21 Ultra :(
I've given up on mine, I'm gonna get the Hazzler DM20 or a nice curved device is the AmazFit X

On top of that the sim cards kept getting shut off due to 3G shutting down, new service would last 48 hours before they recognized it as a 34 device and banned the iemi from that simple card. LoL Grrrrr

Data SMS calls were all working they just didn't want it connecting.

LendeusGG

Dec 1, 2021
Samsung Gear S
Anyone have the android wear/wear OS files? the one listed by the OP doesn't work anymore...
[/url]

LendeusGG

Dec 1, 2021
Samsung Gear S
hi,

The link to Android Wear image is not working (in the development thread)
So I downloaded images from here:
https://gearswear.wordpress.com/

and followed the instructions. Flashed all files.
The watch booted up with fresh Android Wear.
But my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with Android 7) does not see it in Android Wear app.
It actually see the watch in bluetooth settings but not in the Android wear app.
Do I have to use a special version of the Android Wear app ?
Or is there a better Android wear firmware for the Gear S ? Where can I find it ?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I followed it but as stated in my previous post, my phone does not see the watch.
Any ideas ?
Hey! Based on your post, this looks like an awesome resource for people (including myself lol) any chance you could get it running again?

mhd 12

Aug 30, 2014
anyone knows how to fix gear s with a broken bootloader ? empty partition table :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am just curious if @biktor_gj is around here.. missing his, always, enriching posts and shares..
    Hope you are fine my friend @biktor_gj!
    Well, I haven't gone anywhere, but, let's just say that this tiny little girl is taking all of my time, and she's going to keep doing that for a little while ;)

a46cd27a5799b80227f706e4c5ee863a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I think biktor said he has some of the modem code enabled in the latest build which is taking its toll on the battery life.
    as far as settings go to extend the battery life if you find some please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I'm currently working on bringing up battery life, it was time for round 2 :)

If I shut down the modem, and inform the sensor controller when the watch is sleeping, along some other stuff, I'm possitive I could get to 24 hours of standby time on Wear. Now that would be amazing, wouldn't it?

Bonus for those who read past the first line: Palm down gesture working, now you can put wear to sleep by putting your hand over the screen!

If this is to be believed, I'm in the right direction, 2.5 hours, 12 % with tilt sensor on & wifi, that is roughly about 50% for 10 hours, but I think I can squeeze it at least a bit more :)
    d5a9a59a78b9c2d7788068ab5963d1de.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Just downloaded a few and your right it must of been the watch face I was using iv had my watch on for the past 10hrs and I'm on 47% battery so I could easy get a full day out of it cheers biktor your the man

A small update, Full charge, 12 hours later, 54% left. Android Wear app estimating another 13hours of runtime. The scren got stuck not updating the time once in this time, so it seems that there's still some bug here and there (besides recovery display issue which I still need to track down). But so far, this is the right path :)

On an unrelated note, I'm moving on to Slim Roms (https://slimroms.org/) for the next full Android releases. Cyanogenmod is a freaking memory and cpu hog, and the more I can slim it down, the better. Marshmallow by the way. So far not finishing the build, but that's just a matter of patching the device tree files until it builds and then clean it all up :)
    Flashing/Updating with Heimdall

Since I remember someone asking about flashing the Gear S with Heimdall instead of Odin, I quickly want to share my experience here. I'm not sure if it was in this thread, but I think it fits in here.

First of all: It works!

I had my Gear S (SM-R750) running AW Beta #2 for some months and now I updated it to GS_WEAR_20160605 using Heimdall on a Debian testing system.
    The regular Heimdall package from Debian repositories won' t work, because it won't download the PIT file. So you will need to build it from source. And (as always) make sure you use a reliable data cable while flashing (I had to do it twice, because the process terminated during system-data flashing due to a bad cable).

1. Install build dependencies
      Code:
      apt-get install build-essential cmake zlib1g-dev qt5-default libusb-1.0-0-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev
    2. Build Heimdall from source
      Code:
      cd ~
      git clone https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall.git
      cd Heimdall
      mkdir build
      cd build
      cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
      make
    3. Extract the ZIP file and afterwards extract the TAR archive. You will get 4 img files + the kernel image
    4. Flash (recheck the partition names on your device via heimdall print-pit)
      Code:
      ~/Heimdall/build/bin/heimdall flash \
          --system-data system-data.img \
          --csc csc.img \
          --ramdisk2 ramdisk-recovery.img \
          --rootfs rootfs.img \
          --boot dzImage
    5. On first reboot go into recovery and wipe
    Thanks for your great work and have Biktor_gj in the update.zip Huawei Android for wear if you're interested
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-watch/general/update-zip-lcb43b-to-flash-sideload-t3288958
    Thanks again for your great work