[Q&A] Everything eee pad

Search This thread

megacoolrock

Dec 14, 2008
garland
ive decided to start a treat for all those noobs that cant search or has never heard of a search engine:eek:, from petty stuff to more major things. Ask away!:cool:

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
That is a good idea in theory, but if they can't search, how are they going to this this thread tomorrow if it isnt bumped often? Have the same problem with my noob guide.. if they can't search, then they are going to start another thread, and all the coverall posts just get buried under new single question posts :rolleyes:

hamsterskate

Mar 5, 2012
That is a good idea in theory, but if they can't search, how are they going to this this thread tomorrow if it isnt bumped often? Have the same problem with my noob guide.. if they can't search, then they are going to start another thread, and all the coverall posts just get buried under new single question posts :rolleyes:
Agree with you!:D Need to stick this on the beginning :D

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
Ok, here is a question;

Instead of starting a new thread lol

I need to edit unix-friendly files (i.e. updater-scripts and xml files), what is the 'best' (see your recommended) unix-friendly text-editor for Android?

Also, would like to package the files to be flashed in CWM without leaving the Android environment (could do it in Ubuntu if I set up a dual boot but would like to do it natively in Android). SO, what is the best method of creating flashable zip files from the TF?

(This is a question for anyone who can answer not just to the OP necessarily)

P.S. If this thread is to be of any use, you will have to answer questions posted here in a timely fashion as well, otherwise impatient noobs waiting on an answer will post their question in a new thread anyways lol

The 4 hours I've been waiting on a reply to my question would have been a dealbreaker for a noob ;)

Last edited:

dr_korb

Feb 3, 2012
Central VA
Searching.....

The problem comes up when searching for certain things.....for instance when I was trying to figure out why the Asus App Backup wasn't working. Try searching for that (without the benefit of Boolean operators) in the transformer forum. It selects every post with "Asus", every post with "App", and every post with "Backup". I used to train people on how to search for stuff in support databases, and in Microsoft Technet, so I don't consider myself a noob, and trust...I do a fair share of searching before I ever ask a question. Just sayin'...........

thebadfrog

Nov 28, 2010
The problem comes up when searching for certain things.....for instance when I was trying to figure out why the Asus App Backup wasn't working. Try searching for that (without the benefit of Boolean operators) in the transformer forum. It selects every post with "Asus", every post with "App", and every post with "Backup". I used to train people on how to search for stuff in support databases, and in Microsoft Technet, so I don't consider myself a noob, and trust...I do a fair share of searching before I ever ask a question. Just sayin'...........

Use google search and add asus transformer to whatever you are looking for. I never use the search inside xda because its crap. XDA is supposed to be a developers site not product support.

I understand the frustration trying to find something but as of right now there are 3 threads on the first page of Q&A basically wanting the same info. I'm not directing this at you but about 80% of the people posting here want to be spoon fed everything. They think because they searched once and opened 1 link and the answer wasn't there that the answer can't be found. When you can open a thread and see the same question asked and answered 3 or 4 times in 10 posts (and was likely answered in the OP) you can tell people don't even read much less search. And it doesn't help the situation when some mods just ignore their own rules and continue to allow the same thing to be posted over and over or allow threads to go off topic. I tried flaming people but that got me temp banned and I tried reporting posts but that got me temp banned as well.(I reported the same thread for on going flame war and got a temp ban for reporting the same repeatedly)

XDA is either gonna clean up threads or continue to drive off devs who are tired of being tech support for n00bs who have to be spoon fed every detail. My favorite question that is asked is "If i'm coming from rom A to your rom do I need to wipe?". Take the time and make a backup and do whatever you want but in general every rom I've every flashed has asked that you wipe when coming from another rom.

Sorry.....rant over. I'm guessing this post will be edited and I will recieve some more ban points :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

EDIT: To the OP. Thanks for trying but its doomed to failure. You could sticky a post that said "This thread will answer all questions" and people would ignore it and post a new thread asking a question answered in the stickied thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23392317
I would be shocked if this hasnt been asked and answered at least 100 times

Last edited: