[Q&A] [GT-I9190/I9195][ROM][Official][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for S4 Mini

Search This thread

Z0K4

Feb 12, 2014
CM 12 stagefright vulnerability fix

There will be new releases after defcon, that will include the stagefright fix.

Since DEFCON is over I expect builds will start rolling soon...
Does anyone know if the release will be snapshot or nightly?

EDIT: This has been answered on official CM blog post "More Stagefright" published on August 13th...
Can't provide link to it since I have less than 10 posts, but I'm sure you'll have no problem googling it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arco, I don't think you'll ever be thanked enough for all the work you have done for the S4 mini. I mean it. Many, many, many thanks and please keep it up for as long as you can because plenty of us appreciate what you're doing. I'm part of a big silent majority (longtime lurker of the XDA forums, never poster) and I've made this account just to tell you this.
    No CyanogenMod 11 have finished and are with Cyanogenmod 12 are not interested in reaching the end to keep their living pages and earn money with advertising, I'm sick of these developers. I turn to the official.
    Well, most device maintainers/developers, like me, are not working for CM and are doing this as a hobby and on their free time. Imagine if I got like $1 from everyone that installed the ROM, then I could maybe make a living of it. But I don't, so I'm still just as broke as before.
    I have had enough, spending so many hours so much time to updating this piece of crap releases. Camera ****ed up, Bluetooth ****ed up, what else is to expect? And now this FW is official...sometimes i wonder wtf i am spending my time with. My only solution is
    REVERTING BACK TO STOCK!
    I'm sorry but you do realise these are nightlies right? Like not 100% stable, there's issues. Get use to it. Stop complaining and GTFO.
    Or accept it and just be grateful.
    I'm not moving to CM12 until BLN support or something very similar is there.
    Wow. So what will you do if it's removed from CM11 as well? ☺

Anyway, it will return in next nightly. But for it to work properly you will have to turn off ambient display.
    Hi. Does anybody know if Cyanogen plans to implement better camera app with option to save to external SD card? New one does not have this option. Also is it possible to apply GPS for battery saving option in quick settings? Thanks
    Of course, eventually the camera app will be much improved. CM12 is still just in the beginning, so don't expect everything to be on par with CM11 yet.
    Is it because I did dirty flash from f4k unofficial version or did we lose volume, silent, and, vibrate options when holding power button in this version?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using XDA Free mobile app
    Agree, same here. Is there any shortcut to switch between normal and vibrate mode? Again, F4K's build did have such feature in power off menu.

BLN conflicts with ambient display notifications, so I will completley remove it.
    But how will we handle situations when e.g. you came from another room and there is some new message in your phone? Without persistent notification it's just impossible, you'll anyway have to power on the screen to check and be sure if there are any new events. All "ambient display" feature does - is just lighting up screen for few seconds. It doesn't leave any persistent signs, and it just cannot compare at all with simple and clear BLN notification feature. Besides, almost the same functionality could have been achieved even before LP with 3-d party apps, but it didn't show itself useful, at least for me.

I bet most people would have chosen BLN if they were asked. If you think in the same way, please vote for this message.

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Bug found - vibrate on hang up doesn't work.