[Q&A] [GUIDE] Firmwares, ROMs, CWM, Root - Acer Liquid MTK Smartphones

Search This thread

kamzl

Jun 10, 2014
EMEA_GEN3 ACER z200

I don't understand. What do you mean "none file ending EMEA_GEN3".

I meant, did you try to flash the root on your z205 rom using the CWM_6.0.5.0_Z200-Shreps.img recovery, or which recovery did you use?

CWM've used.It already know by heart.
I look for firmware marked EMEA_GEN3. Nowhere to be found. using ext4 unpacker Czech cut and paste it into system.img
versions in XDA which are all only English-German-French.
using ext4 unpacker Czech cut and paste it into system.img

phate12301

Jul 21, 2015
acer z520

Hi, i recently bought an acer z520 dual sim and i want to root it and install a cmw recovery. please can you explain me in the details what stuff i need to avoid every problem?

SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1416.00.rar
Z520_150521__recovery_CWM_6.0.4.4-Z520.img by @Grody
MTK_SP_Drivers_v1.4.rar (last one unsigned)

is this all i need to do what i want? do you suggest me to use the last version of sp flash tool (v5.1524.00)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

JMailuhu

Dec 3, 2010
Netherlands
Hi, i recently bought an acer z520 dual sim and i want to root it and install a cmw recovery. please can you explain me in the details what stuff i need to avoid every problem?

SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1416.00.rar
Z520_150521__recovery_CWM_6.0.4.4-Z520.img by @Grody
MTK_SP_Drivers_v1.4.rar (last one unsigned)

is this all i need to do what i want? do you suggest me to use the last version of sp flash tool (v5.1524.00)?

Thanks!
@phate12301 It's alot easier!

1). Set "USB Debugging" on in Developer Options (If you don't have that, tab 'build number' 5x at "Device Info").

2). Download and install KingoRoot for Windows and run the program. (If you don't have a PC you can try KingoRoot for Android)

3). Put your 'customrecovery.img' in root of SDCard

4). Download UncleMobile MTK Tools from the playstore. Start Uncle and select "Flash Recovery" and select your .img

Unless you need to flash/restore firmware or unbrick your phone you don't need SPFT etc.

For KingoRoot applications you can check my Z500 thread (link @ my signature). You can also use those guides to perform any flashing on your Z520, the devices are basically the same, except for 720p vs. qHD screen) however, as for software i don't know if any of the Z500 ROM's etc. would work on Z520, which are single SIM variants anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: phate12301

DM Fyuring

Aug 26, 2015
ACER Z520 stucks up on acer logo and restart.

Is there someobe can help me? I have my acer z520. 3 days ago, im searching a way to install cwm on my phone. So i download the image here. And use flashify application for the installation. The procedure was succesful. Its says that i can reboot now. But after the reboot it stucks on acer logo and restart again and again. I already try the hard reset on stock recovery. But still nothibg happens. So please help. :(

DM Fyuring

Aug 26, 2015
ACER Z520

Hi guys, im new here. Can somebody pls! Help me. My problem is im installing cwm on my phone which is acer z520. Then i found this thread, saw the img. for the cwm. When i downloaded it, i also installed flashify app from playstore to flash the img. After the installment was succesful. And it says i should reboot now. I reboot it. But when after the reboot it stucks up on acer logo screen, and restart. Again and again. Btw, my phone is already rooted by kingo root. What should i do? Pls, help. :(

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Is there someobe can help me? I have my acer z520. 3 days ago, im searching a way to install cwm on my phone. So i download the image here. And use flashify application for the installation. The procedure was succesful. Its says that i can reboot now. But after the reboot it stucks on acer logo and restart again and again. I already try the hard reset on stock recovery. But still nothibg happens. So please help. :(

Hi guys, im new here. Can somebody pls! Help me. My problem is im installing cwm on my phone which is acer z520. Then i found this thread, saw the img. for the cwm. When i downloaded it, i also installed flashify app from playstore to flash the img. After the installment was succesful. And it says i should reboot now. I reboot it. But when after the reboot it stucks up on acer logo screen, and restart. Again and again. Btw, my phone is already rooted by kingo root. What should i do? Pls, help. :(

Sounds to me that Flashify killed your device? I don't know Flashify and I don't think anyone ever used it before, so the fix is uncertain. I would try the following:

1. Use an update zip file and install it from your current recovery. Choose the zip-file with the version that you had on your device, or the latest you can find from the following list:

Stock ROM for Recovery
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z410_1.004.00_EMEA_BGCs.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.003.00_EMEA_CUS1.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.003.00_EMEA_CUS1S-sds.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1-sds.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1S-sds.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.002.00_EMEA_GEN2-sds.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.002.00_EMEA_MTSS-sds.zip
update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_0.004.00_AAP_GEN1.zip

Make sure to use one with the correct location / branding (ie. EMEA_BGS is Belgacom, etc.). Is it a single SIM device? In that case use a ROM ending with s in the name (for instance GEN1S or CUS1S).

2. If that does not work, use one of the SPFT Firmwares:
Z520 Firmware - Images_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1.zip (Dual SIM)
Z520 Firmware - Images_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1S.zip (Single SIM)

I don't see other branded versions on the first page (I might be able to find CUS1, CUS1S or GEN2). Do you remember what ROM you have / had on your device?

Flash that ROM with SPFT:
SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1452.00.000 compatible with Z520
@Shreps, please add the above SPFT for Z520 (I guess the Z500 SPFT should work too, just to be sure).

Good luck!

Regards,

Nika.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

By the way, make sure to use the procedure mentioned in post 1:

Flash a full Firmware with SPFT (back to original / unbrick)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56877584&postcount=2

And when flashing CWM use this procedure:

Flash CWM Recovery & Root your device
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56877605&postcount=3

Regards,

Nika.

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Here also Lollipop build (Acer_AV0L0_S56_1.009.00_EMEA_GEN1 ) now and have huge battery drain. Anyone else have this?

Yes, I have a bigger drain than usual too. When I do not use the system so much it lasts a day, but as soon as I use it a little heavier it lasts max. 9 hours. I have upgraded (no factory defailts) and it used to last with heavier use at least a day too... not sure yet what the cause is why it drains faster :(

olila

Nov 5, 2013
You should wipe and reinstall your apps manually. It worked for another guy who experienced this. 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn S56 met Tapatalk
... in my experience (maybe some reference on the web too), newly installed roms take a few days or cycles of charging and using the battery before giving reliable indications...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9301I en utilisant Tapatalk

miketo

May 5, 2011
Hy. I need the update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1S-sds.zip file, but the download link is dead.
Please reupload
THX

Lelouch/Zero

Apr 29, 2011
Krizevci
Acer Liquid Z520

Hi. I need update_Acer_AV0K0_Z520_1.003.00_EMEA_CUS1.zip , or other version (version 1.010.00 doesn't have my language included / croatian) but the link(s) is/are dead.

P.S: Also Acer pushed an update ( Ithink that the version number is now 1.015.00)

yaniaman

Sep 16, 2008
Kedah
Badly need help with invalid IMEI...

THIS WAS POSTED IN XDA FOrum developer in facebook(credite to them)
just sharing it worked for me

How to write or change your lost IMEI no in Micromax and other MTK phone
It is seen in Micromax and other MTK Android phones when we are flashing/Updating Rom then we lost our IMEI Numbers, It is a big problem for new Micromax phone users. So, I give you the solution of this problem. But this guide is for only who suffer with this problem, it is not for stolen mobiles. Have a look....
Must Read :- How to Backup/Restore of Android phone IMEI No for MTK device
We have two method for Write your lost IMEI Number by follow these method :-
First Method: -
1. Rooted your MTK Android phone
2. Download and install Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
3. Go to Engineer Mode and Select Engineer mode (MTK)
4. Go to Connectivity Tab and Select CDS information
5. Select Radio Information after that Select Phone1 (for the first IMEI)
6. At the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1? (Put your first IMEI number number)
7. Hit send command and you will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
8. Now go back and select “Phone2? (for the second IMEI number)
9. At the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2? (Put your second IMEI number)
10. Reboot your phone and check you IMEI number (Dial *#06#).
Must Read :- Latest Google play store for any Android device
lost-IMEI-Numbers
Must Read :- TheftSpy Anti-Theft app for Micromax A110 and other Android mobile
Second Method: -
1. Go to Engineering Mode with this code * # * # 3646633 # * # *
2. Type it on call pad
3. Engineering Mode show on your phone screen
4. Go to CDS info
5. Go to Radio info
6. then go to Phone1 (For the first IMEI No)
7. At the top there is a command line which begins "AT+" just type there "AT +EGMR=1,7,"IMEI_1" (Instead of IMEI_1 put your first IMEI No)
8. Hit send command
9. If you done just reboot the phone
10. If you change the second IMEI No then go to step 2 and select "Phone2"
11. And enter the code "AT +EGMR=1,10,"IMEI_2" (Instead of IMEI_2 put your second IMEI No)
12. Hit send command
13. Reboot your phone
(I tested On Micromax A89 Ninja)

I have problem with my Acer E39 which all of it's IMEI is invalid...

Already tried SN Writer but stuck half way....... installed Mobileuncle MTK Tools and MTK Engineering Mode but still have the same result....... tried the dial pad method *#*#3646633#*#* but still stuck half way....... and also I have read so many comments and guides from so many threads and places...

I found out that my device can't load the "engineering mode app"....

Can anyone here help me with this? Pleeaase....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, ok let's hope that works well !!:fingers-crossed:
    And happy new year :laugh:

Added to first post, tested with success :)
    @Gillion I used iroot and installed supersu that would be the easier way to get root and then you could use mtk droid tools to make a full backup of your rom right after

A fellow yardie... good !

I did it the hard way...

http://youtu.be/s66e-kwvKUU

I also did a full rom backup after all that was done.

So I am good now.
    thanks for this post! I have successfuly unbricked my phone.. the only problem is that, the device cannot detect my sim cards.. i can only see "?" on the sim area and "INVALID IMEI" on the status bar. help me please..
    Look at some previous post. You have to push back your IMEI with Mobile Uncle Tool (requires root)

Envoyé de mon One+
    thanks! but how am I be able to push that to mobile uncle tool? i already rooted my device & downloaded Mobile Uncle Tool
    I already found the solution. can I ask your permission to post it here?
    Yes ! share it with others !

Envoyé de mon One+
    IMEI FIX

Yes ! share it with others !

Envoyé de mon One+

THIS WAS POSTED IN XDA FOrum developer in facebook(credite to them)
    just sharing it worked for me

How to write or change your lost IMEI no in Micromax and other MTK phone
    It is seen in Micromax and other MTK Android phones when we are flashing/Updating Rom then we lost our IMEI Numbers, It is a big problem for new Micromax phone users. So, I give you the solution of this problem. But this guide is for only who suffer with this problem, it is not for stolen mobiles. Have a look....
    Must Read :- How to Backup/Restore of Android phone IMEI No for MTK device
    We have two method for Write your lost IMEI Number by follow these method :-
    First Method: -
    1. Rooted your MTK Android phone
    2. Download and install Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
    3. Go to Engineer Mode and Select Engineer mode (MTK)
    4. Go to Connectivity Tab and Select CDS information
    5. Select Radio Information after that Select Phone1 (for the first IMEI)
    6. At the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1? (Put your first IMEI number number)
    7. Hit send command and you will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
    8. Now go back and select “Phone2? (for the second IMEI number)
    9. At the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2? (Put your second IMEI number)
    10. Reboot your phone and check you IMEI number (Dial *#06#).
    Must Read :- Latest Google play store for any Android device
    lost-IMEI-Numbers
    Must Read :- TheftSpy Anti-Theft app for Micromax A110 and other Android mobile
    Second Method: -
    1. Go to Engineering Mode with this code * # * # 3646633 # * # *
    2. Type it on call pad
    3. Engineering Mode show on your phone screen
    4. Go to CDS info
    5. Go to Radio info
    6. then go to Phone1 (For the first IMEI No)
    7. At the top there is a command line which begins "AT+" just type there "AT +EGMR=1,7,"IMEI_1" (Instead of IMEI_1 put your first IMEI No)
    8. Hit send command
    9. If you done just reboot the phone
    10. If you change the second IMEI No then go to step 2 and select "Phone2"
    11. And enter the code "AT +EGMR=1,10,"IMEI_2" (Instead of IMEI_2 put your second IMEI No)
    12. Hit send command
    13. Reboot your phone
    (I tested On Micromax A89 Ninja)