[Q&A] [GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST M

Search This thread

pritamshetylp

Apr 24, 2015
ace plus stucked at boot logo

ace plus stucked at boot logo after success fully installing rom..... please help me how to repair.

ifufutor

Jun 16, 2015
Adding files to my ROM

Hi,

I created my own ROM from sources. Now I would like to include files like scripts and images to the /root directory.

Could you tell me where I have to put my files in sources for having them in /root after compiling ?
I actually having this in my src :
Code:
abi
dalvik
kernel_imx
prebuilts
art
developers
libcore
repo
bionic
development
libnativehelper
sdk
bootable
device
Makefile
switch_build_to.sh
build
docs
ndk
system
build_sabresd_6dq_android.log
external
out
tools
clean_obj_before_building.sh
frameworks
packages
cts
hardware
pdk

Thanks in advance for your help

Tamanna17

Aug 12, 2015
Updater script error?

HI
I am having a problem creating meta-inf folder. Can you please tell me where to find the' first post' mentioned in your post to create meta inf folder.
Thank you!

najeeebin

Mar 24, 2015
This is a very good guide for beginners. as a beginner i need some advice in cooking my first custom ROM using kitchen. Below are my device details and queries:

Device - Note 3 NEO N7505 (LTE)
i have started with the samsung stock kit kat 4.4.2 ROM and managed to create working folder and delete some apks that i dont need using kitchen.

1. I want to get cyanogenmod look and feel and if possible the speed. how can i do that? can i just download a similar device cyanogenmod (say Note 2 N7105 - exynos) and copy over the apks??? how do i get the look and feel of cyanogenmod???

2. How can i test the ROM using an emulator as i dont want to flash it on my phone at this stage. I know there is a way to do it using Android SDK can some one guide me??? I read that you need system.img, user.img and may be data.img three files for emulator to run the custom ROM. how can i get these three files in kitchen??

Expecting some real guidance from a senior member.

Thanks in advance

dinu32184

May 11, 2015
I ported 5 roms(CM and xperia ROMs included) to my device, a tecno n9 Phantom pad. They boot successfully but within 1 minute of booting, the screen of the custom roms suddenly go blank for a while and finally reboots. The roms are all JellyBean based custom roms . My specs: quad core 1.2ghz, 1gb ram, 16 gb rom, JB 4.2.1 What am I doing wrong cos the problem persists in all the ROMs. Here's my logcat
/data/data/com.google.android.gsf/files/security_token
Buddy i m a noob..but i think change or compare this file with ur base....try it

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

prakashkushwaha74

Mar 21, 2016
Can you provide all necessary link here or in my inbox for editing / creating cm 12.1 or cm 13 , for Yuphoria YU 5010.
No hard feelings for spoon feeding.

But i will be starting to create rom in coming days so if possible it will make things easier.

Top Liked Posts