[Q&A] [GUIDE] how to root LG G Stylo (LGLS770) on 5.1.1

Search This thread
Wondering if this method will work on the LG Transpyre (VS810PP). The old method worked perfectly on the stock 4.4.2 firmware, but I just "acquired" the latest 5.1.1 kdz for this and am considering a full flash to it. Being I have root now and no kdz is available for getting back to 4.4.2, I'm a little reluctant to do the upgrade.

Note that I'm not using this as a daily driver and haven't even activated it thus far. It appears that the script is the same, only with the added "push_file.exe" file/step. Is this the main difference between this and the older method?

I suppose the worst thing that could happen is to have a fresh brand new device on 5.1.1 without root.

Opinions/advice?

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk 2

Do you have custom recovery?
If you do well this is just thinking out loud... If yoy can pull all the partitions (Modem,boot,aboot,laf,system,etc.etc) i can probably create a flashable zip with your current version.
Im not a expert but do have an idea how to do such think or can you send me THE KDZ download link and i can make a flashable update zip and can apply root before leaving custom recovery.

fathergweedo

Feb 8, 2014
Detroit
LG V20
Moto G Stylus 5G
Do you have custom recovery?
I've found 2, but haven't had time to try either one yet. Reports of success vary, though I think I can unpack them and look for the differences. I'm currently working long hours every day, and will likely continue through the end of the year.

If you do well this is just thinking out loud... If yoy can pull all the partitions (Modem,boot,aboot,laf,system,etc.etc) i can probably create a flashable zip with your current version.
I've pulled the stock (except for system being rooted) /laf /aboot /boot /recovery, and /system from the 4.4.2. Would still need to pull the rest, just unsure what format the others need to be (.img, .bin, etc.). If you let me know what is needed, I can dd the rest of them from the device before tampering with it. I'll attach a partition list.

Im not a expert but do have an idea how to do such think or can you send me THE KDZ download link and i can make a flashable update zip and can apply root before leaving custom recovery.

Both of these links (#1 and #2) pulled the 5.1.1 kdz last night. Unsure if they will still work but they are from LG servers. Should they not, I can put it on AFH or someplace for you. I've already unpacked it and reassembled the /system for this if that helps any.

Attachments

• VS810PP-Partitions.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 56

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Wondering if this method will work on the LG Transpyre (VS810PP). The old method worked perfectly on the stock 4.4.2 firmware, but I just "acquired" the latest 5.1.1 kdz for this and am considering a full flash to it. Being I have root now and no kdz is available for getting back to 4.4.2, I'm a little reluctant to do the upgrade.

Note that I'm not using this as a daily driver and haven't even activated it thus far. It appears that the script is the same, only with the added "push_file.exe" file/step. Is this the main difference between this and the older method?

I suppose the worst thing that could happen is to have a fresh brand new device on 5.1.1 without root.

Opinions/advice?

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk 2

well....if it bricks you have the KDZ which is more then us Boost users have....i had to pull the system.img for every update so far so everyone has a unbrick method....

fathergweedo

Feb 8, 2014
Detroit
LG V20
Moto G Stylus 5G
well....if it bricks you have the KDZ which is more then us Boost users have....i had to pull the system.img for every update so far so everyone has a unbrick method....
I understand your plight. Been looking for KDZ's for the Realm & Fuel myself EVERYWHERE. The normal method doesn't return any url to DL at all. Even the one for the Transpyre (VS810PP) wouldn't pull from the link provided. Stumbled upon some info (from Romania no less), that provided me with the info to edit the URL and actually retrieve the file. Dunno if anyone other than myself (and perhaps anyone that saw my links) actually have this.

Can't get anything for the Boost devices no matter what :(

I may well try the 5.1.1 Stylo root method in a few days, when my second VS810PP arrives. The one I currently have passes IMEI checks for "true" activation on MVNO's (yes I am quite surprised), so I don't wanna screw the pooch on this one. Gotta have root ;)

Should I succeed in rooting 5.1.1 on this device I'll debloat it to hell & back and (hopefully) make a flashable ROM. I'll need a recovery that works first tho'. So much to do, so little time.

If you know of a means to restore stock (dd'd) images from Download mode, I'm all ears...

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

PROLVC

Oct 6, 2015
this sucks

Well I rooted my Boost Mobile LG G Stylo but I wanted to update SuperSU Not knowing that I would lose root if I re installed SuperSU. I tried rooting again hoping that it would go back to normal but instead I am stuck at the boot animations (soft brick). Is there a way that I can get my phone working?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Well I rooted my Boost Mobile LG G Stylo but I wanted to update SuperSU Not knowing that I would lose root if I re installed SuperSU. I tried rooting again hoping that it would go back to normal but instead I am stuck at the boot animations (soft brick). Is there a way that I can get my phone working?

you do realize updating SuperSU shouldn't result in a brick right? what exactly did you do step by step...cause i have already updated the binary and the app itself....

Reactions: PROLVC

PROLVC

Oct 6, 2015
I used the app store to update SuperSU but after the app installed and opened, it said I didnt have root access.

PROLVC

Oct 6, 2015
5.1.1... I mean I've never had problems like this with other phones that I have rooted.

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011
I have t mobile on 5.1.1 h63110j. One click root not working phone reboots once then doesnt reboot again script continuea to run. Cant enter recovery mode when trying it enters erases then resets i cant get it into download mode just attempts to flash firmware im stuck any help please

Sent from my LG-Ls990 using XDA Free mobile app

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011

When attempting manual method phone goes into flash firmware mode never download mode. Pc never reads phone. In one click root pc reads phone reboots first time then it runs full script but pgonr doeant reboot . im confused and lost any help fast please please please

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

When attempting manual method phone goes into flash firmware mode never download mode. Pc never reads phone. In one click root pc reads phone reboots first time then it runs full script but pgonr doeant reboot . im confused and lost any help fast please please please

okay show me a picture of flash firmware mode...

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011

Attachments

• 1446495509504.jpg
    1446495509504.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 111

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011
Its not reading it when i open port.bat it opens in press key to continue it closes

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011
I went to link couldnt get first link to work download3d second link installed drivers

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011
I have 3.11 ver installed in one click method it reads phone reboots but thats it it doeant reoccure but it reads phone in manual way it doesnt even recognize phone reinstalling drivers now then will report back

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download mode

I might be having trouble getting into download mode. when i try to boot into download mode it goes to firmware update screen and never moves from 0%. Any advise?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

This works on Metro, thanks!
    I might be having trouble getting into download mode. when i try to boot into download mode it goes to firmware update screen and never moves from 0%. Any advise?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

This works on Metro, thanks!

Thats where you're supposed to be.
    I followed the steps and when I booted back into android I could not get SuperSu to update the binaries. I tried to clean install supersu and lost root in the process. I wiped cache/dalvik and followed your instructions again - still not able to regain root. I did however, get to install TWRP before I lost root.

Anyone have any ideas?

I did! I had the soft brick, stuck on boot logo indefinitely. I was able to boot into recovery or download, and that's it. I was following the advancements literally as they happened, and when you posted this, I tried it, and I didn't really expect it to work, but I had nothing better to do, and it worked. I have now been using my rooted 5.1.1 G Stylo, which had previously been soft bricked, for several days. :D
    I understand your plight. Been looking for KDZ's for the Realm & Fuel myself EVERYWHERE. The normal method doesn't return any url to DL at all. Even the one for the Transpyre (VS810PP) wouldn't pull from the link provided. Stumbled upon some info (from Romania no less), that provided me with the info to edit the URL and actually retrieve the file. Dunno if anyone other than myself (and perhaps anyone that saw my links) actually have this.

Can't get anything for the Boost devices no matter what :(

I may well try the 5.1.1 Stylo root method in a few days, when my second VS810PP arrives. The one I currently have passes IMEI checks for "true" activation on MVNO's (yes I am quite surprised), so I don't wanna screw the pooch on this one. Gotta have root ;)

Should I succeed in rooting 5.1.1 on this device I'll debloat it to hell & back and (hopefully) make a flashable ROM. I'll need a recovery that works first tho'. So much to do, so little time.

If you know of a means to restore stock (dd'd) images from Download mode, I'm all ears...