[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
spannaa.com
so should i just flash the whole OS again then? whats the use of just flashing the boot.img then when its bound to get erased :/

What you should do is back to everything important and then unlock your bootloader again.

Once you've done this you can do what you like.

Sent via Bacon...

Last edited:

Hemanth v

Aug 9, 2015
Oneplus One Network Issue

I purchased one in January and rooted to put Oxygen OS at the time of release. Everything was working fine until a week back I dropped the phone and the screen broke. I couldn't check the exact issue but since service centre people asked me literally 12k to fix it I contacted another know service person and got the screen fixed. From the time I got my phone the imei number is missing and I am not able to use my sim, when ever I insert my aim I get an error saying "error in searching for network". The sim works perfectly fine with other phones and on other oneplus one as well. To resolve this, I followed a post and re flashed my one plus one to stock again by fastboot. Now my phone recognizes its imei number but the network issue is still there. Once the network was registered and I was able to make couple of calla but that don't last more than a minute. I am not sure what to do at this point and any help would greatly be appreciated. I am from Bangalore, India and use Tata DoCoMo as my network.

Thanks!

Hemanth V

coolkid12239

May 5, 2012
I purchased one in January and rooted to put Oxygen OS at the time of release. Everything was working fine until a week back I dropped the phone and the screen broke. I couldn't check the exact issue but since service centre people asked me literally 12k to fix it I contacted another know service person and got the screen fixed. From the time I got my phone the imei number is missing and I am not able to use my sim, when ever I insert my aim I get an error saying "error in searching for network". The sim works perfectly fine with other phones and on other oneplus one as well. To resolve this, I followed a post and re flashed my one plus one to stock again by fastboot. Now my phone recognizes its imei number but the network issue is still there. Once the network was registered and I was able to make couple of calla but that don't last more than a minute. I am not sure what to do at this point and any help would greatly be appreciated. I am from Bangalore, India and use Tata DoCoMo as my network.

Thanks!

Hemanth V

Have you tried the Qualcomm band unlocker thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unlock-aditional-bands-qualcomm-t2877031
Also try a hard power off/battery pull by holding power for 6 seconds,
I also suggest flashing the most recent firmware (in may i think) before flashing OxygenOS

Hemanth v

Aug 9, 2015
I tried by putting Oxygen OS back removing all data on phone, dint work. Then went back to stock CS 12, dint work. How to confirm if it is a Hardware fault or Software Fault?

P.S have not tried Qualcomm Band Unlocker... Will do it
Have you tried the Qualcomm band unlocker thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unlock-aditional-bands-qualcomm-t2877031
Also try a hard power off/battery pull by holding power for 6 seconds,
I also suggest flashing the most recent firmware (in may i think) before flashing OxygenOS

tsmith1223

Jan 30, 2013
I can't seem to get MMS working on Blisspop or even Oxygen OS. I've tried fixing the APN but all the settings are correct according to carrier specs. Data seems to work fine and I get signal and everything, MMS seems to be the only thing affected. Any ideas?

binavik

Jun 25, 2014
Hey guys I would appreciate any help.

I flashed the Dirty Unicorns ROM on my one and while it was restoring from my Google backup it got very hot. I plugged it in to charge but the battery still drained. I flashed the backup I made of stock cm12 and now my volume up button doesn't work. I tried flashing OxygrnOS but that didn't fix the problem. I can't even get to fastboot mode while the phone is off.

Any ideas?

karanrajkapur

Dec 27, 2012
Chandigarh || New Delhi
I've got this weird big ever since i flashed custom ROM on my OPO.
The phone doesn't show me to hit "Install" whenever i try to install an apk manually. I checked if the touch is working fine by enabling "Show Touches" under development options. It resisters the touch, but doesn't act! Works for a couple of installs after a reboot, but turns back to the same after some installs. I face this in every ROM I've tried.
AOSPA > Euphoria

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
I've got this weird big ever since i flashed custom ROM on my OPO.
The phone doesn't show me to hit "Install" whenever i try to install an apk manually. I checked if the touch is working fine by enabling "Show Touches" under development options. It resisters the touch, but doesn't act! Works for a couple of installs after a reboot, but turns back to the same after some installs. I face this in every ROM I've tried.
AOSPA > Euphoria
Are you using a theme?

pa.pn2

Jul 12, 2010
Düsseldorf
soundcloud.com
hey guys,
since a couple of days i have a gmail and calendar sync error
just deleting cache of play services fixes that error for a moment
after a couple of reboots this problem returns
any idea what to do?
did not change any permissions to play services btw
edit:
did a clean install now.restored all apps except gmail and calendar,downloaded them fresh from playstore
after a couple of time,sync error gmail and calendar again lol

could it be a gapps problem?or the latest play service problem?
i use slim zero gapps.
and its in any rom,slim,cdroid and temaseks cm12.1....

Last edited:

vrael101

Aug 7, 2015
OnePlus One still on CM11?

I just got my OnePlus One today and realised that it came with lollipop 4.4.4 and CyanogenMod 11.0XNF9XBS28k. Is this normal, have other users already got CM12? Was it supposed to be 11s?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
I just got my OnePlus One today and realised that it came with lollipop 4.4.4 and CyanogenMod 11.0XNF9XBS28k. Is this normal, have other users already got CM12? Was it supposed to be 11s?
That isn't right, 4.4.4 is KitKat, not Lollipop. Where did you buy the phone? If it has CyanogenMod on it then it isn't running the stock ROM. CyanogenMod is the nightly branch, Cyanogen OS is the stock ROM for this device.

LaCyXD

Aug 13, 2015
someone please send me the official 4.2.2 jdq39 systemUI.apk? thanks :)

I need an official jdq39 system ui,because i've deleted my system ui,and the status bar goes,please help me,now i have another ui,but no status bar :/

gelliman

Aug 13, 2015
Bluetooth issues

My phone has been having Bluetooth issues I guess the same as a lot of people with the phone and certain car stereos. It lags and skips, sometimes speeds up. So here is what I've done so far.

The phone is on the latest CM12: yng1tas2i3. The car is a 2015 VW golf.

I had read that AudioFX/Maxx audio were the possible cause of this issue. So I followed the guide to install Viper4android and it seemed a little better but did eventually have some skips and lagging.

Previously I had also flashed a few different ROMs including, CM12.1, Xenon HD, SlimLP, and Oxygen OS. The only one that didn't have Bluetooth issues was Oxygen OS but the downside is it is much slower/less responsive. So I'm wondering if this problem was ever pinpointed and if it has to do with the audio driver or whatever.

Is there a way to get the Oxygen OS driver onto CM12? Like just flashing the stock Android Bluetooth/audio driver? Cause that seems to be the only thing working. Thanks for any help.

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
I am not new to ROM flashing process.
But I am new to OPO, just got 2nd hand OPO for a few days.

I wonder why when I flash a custom ROM by following the instruction.

I found that when I flashed the ROMs and reboot it is about 10 of 30 ROMs will stuck at [1] logo and then bootloop.

( I am search the ROM thread and no one stuck like me. )

I still not know what is the cause.

Thank you in advance. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    redLine.png
    List of supporters
    ... @Heisenberg
    ... @dansou901
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
    Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
    I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
    An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
    Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
    • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
    • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
    • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
    So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone