[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Any combination of Rom+kernel+firmware that makes an amazing battery life?
    I don't want to downgrade to a 4.x.x Rom
    Any tips?Thx a lot!

@Cyanandroid, this user wants to avoid KitKat, that post is way too old. Plus, it's full of bolloney. At no point one can achieve 12 hours of realistic SOT with the OnePlus One.
    @-OPOLover- There is no magical combination of a perfect ROM + Kernel + firmware. If that were the case, there would be one single ROM for the OPO. There are about 30 ROMs (list) and a handful of kernels (list).
    Franco has a good focus on battery life and it's an easy flash-and-forget kernel. My personal fav is Boeffla (either distro) as it's much more customizable and there's a plethora of governors to choose from.
    However, the current 5h of SOT you're getting are quite exceptional as it is. I doubt you'll ever achieve anything more. You never have to settle but you have to remain realistic as well. ;)

Reactions: Cyanandroid

Cyanandroid

Jul 7, 2015
    Dear @Timmmmaaahh
    i gotcha mate?
    but i didn't mentioned 12 hr battery backup i mentioned awesome battery life...
    and what i told him to do like controlling cpu with correct profiles always works...
    And thanks for correcting me?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

srivmanu

Dec 12, 2012
    NOIDA
    Was trying to install fastboot rom CM11S on device. In between the fastboot process (flash-all.bat). The device rebooted and didnt come back online. don't know what to do. Cant switch on device in any mode - fastboot/normal/recovery. Some fastboot flash went well. some of them might not have been executed.
    Here is the flash output in CMD

Code:
    C:\Users\srivm\Desktop\cm-11.0>flash-all
    target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending 'modem' (56369 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.769s]
    writing 'modem'...
    OKAY [  0.772s]
    finished. total time: 2.545s
    rebooting into bootloader...
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.002s
    sending 'sbl1' (295 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.013s]
    writing 'sbl1'...
    OKAY [  0.031s]
    finished. total time: 0.047s
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.003s
    sending 'dbi' (11 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.004s]
    writing 'dbi'...
    OKAY [  0.026s]
    finished. total time: 0.031s
    OKAY [  0.001s]
    sending 'aboot' (376 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    writing 'aboot'...
    OKAY [  0.036s]
    finished. total time: 0.055s
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.004s
    sending 'rpm' (185 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.011s]
    writing 'rpm'...
    OKAY [  0.017s]
    finished. total time: 0.032s
    OKAY [  0.007s]
    finished. total time: 0.010s
    < waiting for any device >

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
    Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    Was trying to install fastboot rom CM11S on device. In between the fastboot process (flash-all.bat). The device rebooted and didnt come back online. don't know what to do. Cant switch on device in any mode - fastboot/normal/recovery. Some fastboot flash went well. some of them might not have been executed.
    Here is the flash output in CMD

Code:
    C:\Users\srivm\Desktop\cm-11.0>flash-all
    sending 'modem' (56369 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.769s]
    writing 'modem'...
    OKAY [  0.772s]
    finished. total time: 2.545s
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    sending 'sbl1' (295 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.013s]
    writing 'sbl1'...
    OKAY [  0.031s]
    finished. total time: 0.047s
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.003s
    sending 'dbi' (11 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.004s]
    writing 'dbi'...
    OKAY [  0.026s]
    finished. total time: 0.031s
    OKAY [  0.001s]
    sending 'aboot' (376 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    writing 'aboot'...
    OKAY [  0.036s]
    finished. total time: 0.055s
    OKAY [  0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.004s
    sending 'rpm' (185 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.011s]
    writing 'rpm'...
    OKAY [  0.017s]
    finished. total time: 0.032s
    OKAY [  0.007s]
    finished. total time: 0.010s
    < waiting for any device >

Why are you rebooting the bootloader after flashing each image?
    It's a known issue that doing this can brick the OPO.

If you can't get back into fastboot mode then you'll probably need to follow one of these guides:

[TOOL] OnePlusRecovery Tool (V1.0) | Restore Stock (CM11s) | Fix Bricks | ETC

[GUIDE] [UNBRICK] Unbrick Oneplus One

Last edited:

Gringoodbye

Aug 4, 2016
    Hi,Can i ask something?,why there is no 4k dci option at my video camera option?,i still use CM13,never root it or do alter it,pure stock rom,any answer?.

•4K UHD
    •HD 1080p
    •HD 720p
    •SD 480p
    •QVGA

that's the only option i have.

worty

Jun 28, 2017
    Battery issues

Hi there,
    TL;DR: new battery not charging at all - just gives me 50% battery level icon, and when I try to boot, just gives me "Battery too low" sign. I have left it plugged into the original charger for many, many hours.

I had the "smart" idea of replacing the battery on my One since it was getting close to three years old (original from July 2014), and it didn't hold its charge quite as long as it used to. Other than the battery, everything worked perfectly.

Since replacing the battery, however, I've had nothing but problems. First, it would charge up properly and everything was fine - except the phone would hard shutdown around the 20% or 15% level. Then I would get the "battery too low, charge before using" message. I would charge it up and just try not to let it get that low. After a few days of being careful, the battery started getting stuck at 50% - didn't matter if it was on or off, charging or discharging, it would just always show 50% battery level. Now I can't turn the phone at all, and just get the BIOS "battery too low" screen when I try to boot. Leaving it plugged in, it shows the 50% battery icon. I'm using the original charger (2A)

Any thoughts? Would really like to keep this phone alive, as it still perfectly meets my needs.

Last edited:

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    Hi there,
    TL;DR: new battery not charging at all - just gives me 50% battery level icon, and when I try to boot, just gives me "Battery too low" sign. I have left it plugged into the original charger for many, many hours.

I had the "smart" idea of replacing the battery on my One since it was getting close to three years old (original from July 2014), and it didn't hold its charge quite as long as it used to. Other than the battery, everything worked perfectly.

Since replacing the battery, however, I've had nothing but problems. First, it would charge up properly and everything was fine - except the phone would hard shutdown around the 20% or 15% level. Then I would get the "battery too low, charge before using" message. I would charge it up and just try not to let it get that low. After a few days of being careful, the battery started getting stuck at 50% - didn't matter if it was on or off, charging or discharging, it would just always show 50% battery level. Now I can't turn the phone at all, and just get the BIOS "battery too low" screen when I try to boot. Leaving it plugged in, it shows the 50% battery icon. I'm using the original charger (2A)

Any thoughts? Would really like to keep this phone alive, as it still perfectly meets my needs.

Only one thought: Either the replacement battery is dodgy or it wasn't fitted correctly.

jack_40k

Sep 20, 2011
    Hello,

I'm a bit of a noob and recently noticed that I haven't updated my OPO in ages. I'm currently using CM version 13.0-20160819-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO0IN-bacon. I recently went to download the latest update in the queue (cm-13.0-20161220-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5Y..) but keep getting 'unable to download the update file'. Additionally, when I check for new updates I receive the error 'The update check failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later.'

There is no problem with the internet. Everything else working fine. I use AFWall+ but disabled that, tried the update and that didn't work. I also cleared the data and cache from the Download app. Doesn't work.

What should I do?

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    Hello,

I'm a bit of a noob and recently noticed that I haven't updated my OPO in ages. I'm currently using CM version 13.0-20160819-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO0IN-bacon. I recently went to download the latest update in the queue (cm-13.0-20161220-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5Y..) but keep getting 'unable to download the update file'. Additionally, when I check for new updates I receive the error 'The update check failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later.'

There is no problem with the internet. Everything else working fine. I use AFWall+ but disabled that, tried the update and that didn't work. I also cleared the data and cache from the Download app. Doesn't work.

What should I do?

You won't be able to download any CM rom via the downloader (or the official CM site) because CyanogenMod closed down six months ago. It's successor is Lineage OS

jack_40k

Sep 20, 2011
    You won't be able to download any CM rom via the downloader (or the official CM site) because CyanogenMod closed down six months ago. It's successor is Lineage OS

Can I upgrade without losing my apps / data? I've had a look at http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/update-lineage-os-13-14-1-on-cyanogenmod-13-14-1-rom/

But it appears that upgrade path was only available temporarily. Also, I'm only seeing 14.1 nightly builds on the OnePlus One Lineage OS downloads page, so I couldn't follow those instructions if I wanted to..

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
    mumbai
    how do i update from cyanogen os 12.0 yng1tas17l to the latest one ?
    i had given the phone for battery repair and there turned out to be a software issue as well and when i got it back it had this software installed, so now i want to sell it off so looking to update it to the latest before selling it or keeping it as a standby phone

Cyanandroid

Jul 7, 2015
    how do i update from cyanogen os 12.0 yng1tas17l to the latest one ?
    i had given the phone for battery repair and there turned out to be a software issue as well and when i got it back it had this software installed, so now i want to sell it off so looking to update it to the latest before selling it or keeping it as a standby phone
    Guve some more information about ur phone.

FintaruS

Jun 29, 2010
    Vojens
    Weird sim

Hi there all, I hope one of you guys can shine some light on this problem.
    I have 2, Oneplus one phones, both running Android 7.1.2 where the problem occurs.
    One of the phones (Phone A) can't find the sim card (sim A1), if I move the sim card(sim A1) over to the other phone (Phone B) it will work just fine. if I take the sim card (sim B1) from phone B and but it in Phone A it works fine, the sim cards are from two different providers. I have checked Phone A's Sim Card Reader Slot Pins, there are not bent. the only difference I can see is the sim cards, the provider has given me a new sim A1, but the problem persists.

abut a year ago, phone A has uses a sim from the same provider, (just moved my number back) back then, there was no problem.
    i think the problem is more a sim problem than a phone problem.

here are some images of the sim card.
    (unfortunately, I can't post images, so hope this is okay. imgur.com/a/Z3OVU)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
      for
      Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
      [/SIZE]​
      [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
      redLine.png
      List of supporters
      ... @Heisenberg
      ... @dansou901
      ...​
      To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
      If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
      Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
      Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
      If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
      Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
      Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
      I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
      An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
      Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
      • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
      • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
      • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
      So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone