[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

megazero1x1

May 25, 2013
Hi, I damaged my Oneplus One's sim card slot. I think some of the pins are damaged as the phone is unable to detect any sim card. Is there any hope of fixing it. :(
Thanks

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    hello,
    where can i see in what condition my battery is? is it useful to replace it?

I have experienced AccuBattery to be quite accurate in determining your battery's condition and translating it in simple terms. If you are experiencing significant drains, a factory reset or clean flash may work wonders. If you feel that nothing helps and/or symptoms mentioned by @Gaukler_Faun are occurring, it may be a good time to perform some electronic surgery ;)

HrMili

Jul 14, 2017
    SIM CARD keeps breaking after some days or weeks

Hi there, I run the latest lineageOS (10. July 2017 nightly LOS14.1-Android 7.1) on my beloved OnePlus One 64gb in AUSTRIA (Europe) (I am with provider 'Telering') and my Sim Card keeps breaking. I replaced it already 3 times in the past 7 weeks and really need a stable solution.

here is how it goes: first I see that my phones tries roaming into some foreign net (although plenty of telerign signal is here and I am in Austria)...then I tried to turn it off and after the new start the card was broken again.

I would love to get the OnePlus 3t but lack the money in the moment and also I love my OPO it still looks like on the first day. Can somebody help me with this issue? I believe it must be a SW issue. Are some of the nightly releases not intended for the EU Market? how can I find out which one is fine to install and which one is dangerous to my phone?

Do you need more information about my phone? let me know!

Thanks!

greetings
    mili

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    1. Are some of the nightly releases not intended for the EU Market?
    2. how can I find out which one is fine to install and which one is dangerous to my phone?
    3. Do you need more information about my phone? let me know!
    1. No, there is no differentiation, this is world class material ;)
    2. You got the download from here, right? https://download.lineageos.org/bacon
    3. Yes! What TWRP version did you use to flash it? Any particular steps? Guide me through your flashing process.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Labs

HrMili

Jul 14, 2017
    1. No, there is no differentiation, this is world class material ;)
    2. You got the download from here, right?
    3. Yes! What TWRP version did you use to flash it? Any particular steps? Guide me through your flashing process.

thanks for looking into this!

1. It is world class material! :) I donated a bit something when I updated to lineageOS :)
    2. yes, initially I did get it from there.
    3. TWRP 3.1.0-0

When I installed lineageOS first, I just did a Advanced Wipe, later I learned that I need to do a Format Data as well, so I did a Advanced Wipe and a Format Data then installed lineage-14.1-20170626-nightly-bacon-signed.zip and open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170627.zip and addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip. Two days ago updated to lineage-14.1-20170710-nightly-bacon-signed.zip straight from the phone (not via OTG SD Card).

And I just managed to factory Reset by accident while in TWRP....one swipe to quick :D

hmm shell I go back to 20170627? It lastet a few weeks without problems...hmm

thx!

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    And I just managed to factory Reset by accident while in TWRP....one swipe to quick :D

hmm shell I go back to 20170627? It lastet a few weeks without problems...hmm
    A factory reset only wipes data and caches, it leaves system intact. What you can try first is dirty flashing the latest version again. So in TWRP, flash the ROM and when completed, tap the button that appears to wipe cache and swipe to confirm, then reboot. This is a non destructive way to rectify any system issues. Data is preserved. You may need to flash SuperSU (or Magisk, I prefer that) again but you should definitely not flash Gapps again.
    If it still fails, I'd go for different modem firmware (I'll update this post with links in a bit).
    If it STILL fails, a full clean flash (advanced wipe system, data, cache and Dalvik/ART-cache) is recommended.

Edit: here, I posted these earlier:
    [source]
    One will work better than the other for you. It works differently for everyone depending on network, location and usage. You can simply dirty flash these zips without wiping anything, then reboot and give it some time to settle in.

Sent from my sweet ? using XDA Labs

Last edited:
    Reactions: HrMili

HrMili

Jul 14, 2017
    A factory reset only wipes data and caches, it leaves system intact. What you can try first is dirty flashing the latest version again. So in TWRP, flash the ROM and when completed, tap the button that appears to wipe cache and swipe to confirm, then reboot. This is a non destructive way to rectify any system issues. Data is preserved. You may need to flash SuperSU (or Magisk, I prefer that) again but you should definitely not flash Gapps again.
    If it still fails, I'd go for different modem firmware (I'll update this post with links in a bit).
    If it STILL fails, a full clean flash (advanced wipe system, data, cache and Dalvik/ART-cache) is recommended.

Edit: here, I posted these earlier:
    [source]
    One will work better than the other for you. It works differently for everyone depending on network, location and usage. You can simply dirty flash these zips without wiping anything, then reboot and give it some time to settle in.

Sent from my sweet ? using XDA Labs

Dammit I did not think of a firmware update...hmm I am on 4.0.1.c7-00013 shell I jump to 2016-01-25_.4.0.1.c7-00011? which seems to be the most reason one... well I will try to find out what people in Austria are using...

thanks for the dirty flashing instructions...:cool:

thanks a lot!

update: ok I went dirty to 2016-01-25_.4.0.1.c7-00011 so now I have to watch the signal and see how it goes...at least I changed something...so hopefully the result will be a stable phone ;) thanks again

regarding Magisk, I am not sure where to get the one for OPO, also not sure why it is better then the other one but I just take your word. thx

Last edited:

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Dammit I did not think of a firmware update...hmm I am on 4.0.1.c7-00013 shell I jump to 2016-01-25_.4.0.1.c7-00011? which seems to be the most reason one... well I will try to find out what people in Austria are using...

thanks for the dirty flashing instructions...:cool:

thanks a lot!

update: ok I went dirty to 2016-01-25_.4.0.1.c7-00011 so now I have to watch the signal and see how it goes...at least I changed something...so hopefully the result will be a stable phone ;) thanks again

regarding Magisk, I am not sure where to get the one for OPO, also not sure why it is better then the other one but I just take your word. thx
    You can't go wrong, really. Test them all if you like. Do make a nandroid backup of your {modem + EFS + boot} and always keep a copy on both your device and an external location. If I can interest you in a most elaborate collection, check this one out. @Gawd bless you.
    Magisk is, like many amazing things, universal. One Magisk to rule them all. Its main advantage is that it's miles ahead of modern day root detection. Got a banking app that's giving you trouble? Want to use Android Pay? That game you love hates root? Nothing the big M can't handle, that dev, @topjohnwu, is pure genius. The official Magisk section has everything you need concerning root. Don't use SuperSU and Magisk simultaneously.

Reactions: Gawd
    Apr 8, 2017
    Hey guys I have a oneplus one with LineageOS 14.1-20170605-NIGHTLY-bacon.

I have had constant issues with wifi disconnecting, random reboots, the voicemail symbol is permanently at the top of my phone when I have NO voicemails, and even missing text messages. Wife would send me a text message and I would never receive it. My text messages seem to be going out. It is driving me insane.

I have not installed the nightly July 17, 2017 update because the July 10, 2017 update put my phone in a boot loop.

Is anyone having issues like me? I don't know what else to do its so frustrating

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015
    Hey guys I have a oneplus one with LineageOS 14.1-20170605-NIGHTLY-bacon.

I have had constant issues with wifi disconnecting, random reboots, the voicemail symbol is permanently at the top of my phone when I have NO voicemails, and even missing text messages. Wife would send me a text message and I would never receive it. My text messages seem to be going out. It is driving me insane.

I have not installed the nightly July 17, 2017 update because the July 10, 2017 update put my phone in a boot loop.

Is anyone having issues like me? I don't know what else to do its so frustrating

It might be a firmware issue. Try flashing this firmware
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5csgI0dqKjEREFiamtBM0pjRWs

Just asking, why do you stick with official Lineage OS? There are many other ROMs more stable than official LOS.

Apr 8, 2017
    It might be a firmware issue. Try flashing this firmware
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5csgI0dqKjEREFiamtBM0pjRWs

Just asking, why do you stick with official Lineage OS? There are many other ROMs more stable than official LOS.

I am new to this whole flashing and stuff. I was using that original cyanogenmod stock rom that came with the phone but my battery wouldn't even last 3 hours. I found a youtube video on how to install a lineageOS rom and it fixed my battery issue but the phone is unusable.

Is there a rom you recommend? As long as my battery is good, I can make calls, receive texts I AM HAPPY.

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015
    I am new to this whole flashing and stuff. I was using that original cyanogenmod stock rom that came with the phone but my battery wouldn't even last 3 hours. I found a youtube video on how to install a lineageOS rom and it fixed my battery issue but the phone is unusable.

Is there a rom you recommend? As long as my battery is good, I can make calls, receive texts I AM HAPPY.

I recommend using Sultan's LOS

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...m-kernel-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-3-t3626403
    If you've any doubt regarding flashing feel free to ask.

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015
    Is there a noob friendly guide on how to flash? Sorry I don't know how to do this stuff properly. Thanks for your help PSX!

1. Download Sultanxda's unofficial lineageOS from here

2. Download Gapps from here. ( ARM-7.1-nano)

3.If you need root download SuperSU from here

4. [Optional] take back up of your apps (No need to back up medias like photo,video,etc)

5.Got Recovery>wipe>advanced wipe
    select system,data,cache and dalvik cache (DO NOT SELECT INTERNAL)

6.flash the zips you already downloaded in this order - ROM- Gapps - SuperSU - Firmware [optional]

7.Reboot
    1st reboot will take some time (10-20 min ). Do not interrupt this process.

Let me know how it goes :)

Apr 8, 2017
    1. Download Sultanxda's unofficial lineageOS from here

2. Download Gapps from here. ( ARM-7.1-nano)

3.If you need root download SuperSU from here

4. [Optional] take back up of your apps (No need to back up medias like photo,video,etc)

5.Got Recovery>wipe>advanced wipe
    select system,data,cache and dalvik cache (DO NOT SELECT INTERNAL)

6.flash the zips you already downloaded in this order - ROM- Gapps - SuperSU - Firmware [optional]

7.Reboot
    1st reboot will take some time (10-20 min ). Do not interrupt this process.

Let me know how it goes :)

Thanks PSX! I will try it out when I get home. Do I need to factory reset my phone to Cyanogen mod or can I just start the installation process in my phones current state?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
      for
      Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
      [/SIZE]​
      [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
      redLine.png
      List of supporters
      ... @Heisenberg
      ... @dansou901
      ...​
      To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
      If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
      Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
      Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
      If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
      Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
      Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
      I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
      An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
      Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
      • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
      • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
      • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
      So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone