[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

SK3407

Jun 27, 2014
Bangalore
https://ibb.co/cNGYX5
I tried flashing paranoid Android 7.2.1 on my OPO after flashing ROM and GAPPS mobile rebooted and it stopped on Oneplus Boot Screen i waited for 15 mints since it was not moving forward so i restarted the mobile and went into recover to reflash my old rom but I am unable to do that becuase I am getting an above error shown in image. :(
Can anyone help me on this please.??? :(

Last edited:

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    I tried flashing paranoid Android 7.2.1 on my OPO after flashing ROM and GAPPS mobile rebooted and it stopped on Oneplus Boot Screen i waited for 15 mints since it was not moving forward so i restarted the mobile and went into recover to reflash my old rom but I am unable to do that becuase I am getting an above error shown in image. :(
    Try another TWRP like this one.
    If that doesn't change anything, you may need some fastboot magic. Use this guide from step 1 to 3 and start over. Do not take step 4, do not reset the tamper flag, do not lock the bootloader!

Sizzled with Bacon ?

HrMili

Jul 14, 2017
    Big thank you

You can't go wrong, really. Test them all if you like. Do make a nandroid backup of your {modem + EFS + boot} and always keep a copy on both your device and an external location. If I can interest you in a most elaborate collection, check this one out. @Gawd bless you.
    Magisk is, like many amazing things, universal. One Magisk to rule them all. Its main advantage is that it's miles ahead of modern day root detection. Got a banking app that's giving you trouble? Want to use Android Pay? That game you love hates root? Nothing the big M can't handle, that dev, @topjohnwu, is pure genius. The official Magisk section has everything you need concerning root. Don't use SuperSU and Magisk simultaneously.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Labs

Hi again, this is just to say thank you again. It' stable so far and the simcard is still good. I will post if it brakes again but I think the fw update was a good thing. Regarding Magisk and SuperSU, I don't want to mess around right now. But I will make sure to uninstall SuperSU before installing Magisk. Thanks again for the info. Have a great day!
    Mili

Gaukler_Faun

Aug 10, 2012
    Near Karlsruhe
    github.com

Try another TWRP like this one.
    If that doesn't change anything, you may need some fastboot magic. Use this guide from step 1 to 3 and start over. Do not take step 4, do not reset the tamper flag, do not lock the bootloader!

Sizzled with Bacon ?

Also be sure to format system, data and cache partition with ext4. No other formats are supported. I had the same problem. Formating solved it.

Regards
    Gaukler Faun

StraffeHendrick

Sep 3, 2014
    antwerp
    @Lex_Michdeandroid @hgmichna @Timmmmaaahh
    Problem with speaker solved, from a week ago i can have normal calls if i dont use the speaker feathur but just make the call .
    After some thinking and thinking and some more thinking (almost 4 months now) i took all my courage together and ordered some speakers part at Aliexpress. Opened up my OPO agian and placed such spaeaker in the phone again. Where it should have been before the whole time.
    Apparently with replacing the screen assembly in februari i throw away the original speaker lol (or the one that came with the new assembly), it was indeed a hardware problem. I tried before to edit the build.prop like timmaaaah said, and that may explain why my sound is less loud and clear now. (or i putted the wrong speaker part of the 6 i ordered from AliExpress in) Anyway, the phone is useble again, YAAAAY
    Tkx for the support and suggestions from you guys. (y) (y)

Last edited:

StraffeHendrick

Sep 3, 2014
    antwerp
    @StraffeHendrick Awesome! It's a brave thing to perform surgery on such device. Btw, you got the mention handlers wrong, it's '@', not '#' [emoji14]
    Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the follow up.

Sizzled with Bacon ?

it was 2am in the morning :p but i edited just now (y) good to let me know.
    Its the least i can do, you guys spent their time with suggestions and stuff so i have to let you know how it went.
    Its helping the rest with simular problems too.

Anyway, it works (not as good i was hoping) but now i know in what direction to seek.

cheers

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

mr5321

Jun 12, 2016
    Dead zone and modifying screen

Hi, I'm having some issues with my opo. So, a few weeks ago, my phone suddenly had ghost touch and unresponsive screen. I fix that by flashing boeffla(is my spelling right? :D) kernel and adding some lines in build.prop to fix dithering, and both fix come from this forum. Well, it does fix the ghost touch problem.
    But, the lower bottom part of the screen is still not working, including the capacitive key. When I dug this forum, I found that 1 of the possible fix is to insulate/isolate the digitizer with the chassis. Sadly, I don't have the tools(namely hair dryer to separate the screen with body) and have no money to buy it. My questions are :
    1. Could I disassemble the screen without hairdryer? And if I could, is it risky? I don't have the money to buy replacement screen either if I mess up the process
    2. As a workaround, I try to modify screen size, dpi, and overscan through terminal emulator. To a certain extent it works. But, as the dead zone is the bottom part of the screen, is there any command or way to resize the screen so that the resized screen is from topmost until the part where the screen still work? (resized said screen result is placed in the middle of the screen, so I can only resize it to a small size, it's a bit impractical)
    3. If I overscan the bottom part of the screen until past the unresponsive area, some part of some apps are "drowned"(for the lack of better term) meaning that some buttons are not visible (example: opera browser). Any solution about this?

I'm sorry if my questions are noob's questions(and a lengthy one at that, too). Please help me and thank you so much for your help

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    ...1 of the possible fix is to insulate/isolate the digitizer with the chassis...
    Before you go all MacGyver on your device, have you ruled out software completely? Does this behavior present itself in recovery as well? If so, better start scrutinize YouTube for hardware operations. If not, a clean flash may make all sorrows go away in a snap.

Sizzled with Bacon ?

mr5321

Jun 12, 2016
    Before you go all MacGyver on your device, have you ruled out software completely? Does this behavior present itself in recovery as well? If so, better start scrutinize YouTube for hardware operations. If not, a clean flash may make all sorrows go away in a snap.

Sizzled with Bacon ?

Well unfortunately, software has been ruled out, trying different roms and kernel, and I've even try to go back to stock and yet the problem persists. Now I'm still trying to figure out about modifying screen size, dpi, and overscan setting while saving money for a new screen

Rsume

May 28, 2015
    Auto-Hide Status Bar

Hi Guys,

More of a setup issue.
    Jus tswitched to Resurrection Remix v5.7.3 and somehow have made the notification bar up the top auto-hide.
    Any idea where I can find the setting to make this bar always show again? :fingers-crossed:

Thanks for your help in advance

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Hi Guys,

More of a setup issue.
    Jus tswitched to Resurrection Remix v5.7.3 and somehow have made the notification bar up the top auto-hide.
    Any idea where I can find the setting to make this bar always show again? :fingers-crossed:

Thanks for your help in advance
    Hi!
    This feature is called Expanded Desktop. For Resurrection Remix, this can be found under Settings > Configurations > Interface. You can enable/disable this globally or per app. By default, it will only be hidden in fullscreen apps. Some launchers, like Nova, allow you to switch between the two modes in a snap. I personally have this set to two-finger-swipe-down in the gesture area (this could be default, not sure).

Sizzled with Bacon ?

Reactions: Rsume

Srikar7852

Jul 31, 2017
    I'm currently running my OPO with latest version of Lineage OS nightly bacon. After getting root access i tried installing and opening Super SU, but it says SU binary occupied. Later I tried installing an older Super SU app and tried updating it from inside the app after watching a couple of youtube videos. I the update keeps failing. So, please help me with the " SU binary occupied" issue.

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
    Hi, may I ask?
    What is curently the best Marshmallow ROM for battery and daily use, not playing games?
    M because of xposed. Is sultans ROM still updated?

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Hi, may I ask?
    What is curently the best Marshmallow ROM for battery and daily use, not playing games?
    M because of xposed. Is sultans ROM still updated?
    If I may ask as well, is there any specific reason you need Xposed? Just about any situation that required Xposed on M has been covered on N with mods or other alternative (systemless) methods.
    Not very much M ROMs are still actively supported but you can always keep an eye on the development section. Since Sultan released an N ROM for OPO, I doubt M still has support. I personally have a out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new attitude when it comes to software so I'm not even going to find out [emoji14]

Sizzled with Bacon ?

Aug 6, 2017
    I have recently rooted my one plus 5 and installed ios emojis using emoji switcher app .. now there is new update available on my phone which give EIS and fixes some bugs
    My question is if i update to the official software and my root access goes .. will i be able to use my ios emojis or go back to stock emojis ? And will i be able to root back ?
    Thanks in advance

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
    If I may ask as well, is there any specific reason you need Xposed? Just about any situation that required Xposed on M has been covered on N with mods or other alternative (systemless) methods.
    Not very much M ROMs are still actively supported but you can always keep an eye on the development section. Since Sultan released an N ROM for OPO, I doubt M still has support. I personally have a out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new attitude when it comes to software so I'm not even going to find out [emoji14]

Sizzled with Bacon ?

Hi,

Youtube Adblock, youtube swipe, deny location consent, Magnet sensor control - I am using a shell with a magnet messing around with the hall sensor so I disabled it. I havent found replacements for these...

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
    Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    I have recently rooted my one plus 5 and installed ios emojis using emoji switcher app .. now there is new update available on my phone which give EIS and fixes some bugs
    My question is if i update to the official software and my root access goes .. will i be able to use my ios emojis or go back to stock emojis ? And will i be able to root back ?
    Thanks in advance
    You should ask in a OnePlus 5 forum, this one is for the OnePlus One.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
      for
      Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
      [/SIZE]​
      [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
      redLine.png
      List of supporters
      ... @Heisenberg
      ... @dansou901
      ...​
      To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
      If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
      Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
      Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
      If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
      Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
      Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
      I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
      An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
      Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
      • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
      • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
      • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
      So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone