[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

elsolo01

May 26, 2015
Recommend me a ROM, I am still using 11s. I tried 12 over a year ago, battery life sucked, went back to 11.

It's been a long time, I haven't kept up with the development, so there ought to be better stuff now I hope.

What is a stable ROM, and remind me of what I might to do going from such and outdated one. Wipe, flash ROM, flash gapps...?

Have twrp 2.8.6 and I read I may need to upgrade that.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Noobgirl85

Mar 25, 2016
Meridian
I just bought my hubby a Oneplus One after he raved about how awesome they were for a few weeks. Found a decent used one on eBay and he was extatic. He somehow managed to soft brick the darn thing within 24 hours of getting it. He unlocked the bootloader... all good. Installed TWRP... still all good. Flashed SuperSU 2.46 and now it doesn't go past the Cymod screen. When he connects it to the PC the device manager recognizes it and shows Google Nexus ADB, but when running ADB devices it doesn't show up in the device list. He can still boot into fast boot and twerp with the phone. Have read several soft brick fixes but all require ADB access. Anyone have any advice on what to do next?

Gaukler_Faun

Aug 10, 2012
Near Karlsruhe
github.com
I just bought my hubby a Oneplus One after he raved about how awesome they were for a few weeks. Found a decent used one on eBay and he was extatic. He somehow managed to soft brick the darn thing within 24 hours of getting it. He unlocked the bootloader... all good. Installed TWRP... still all good. Flashed SuperSU 2.46 and now it doesn't go past the Cymod screen. When he connects it to the PC the device manager recognizes it and shows Google Nexus ADB, but when running ADB devices it doesn't show up in the device list. He can still boot into fast boot and twerp with the phone. Have read several soft brick fixes but all require ADB access. Anyone have any advice on what to do next?

If he can still enter recovery, he should format the whole device (system, data, cache, internal, dalvik). The still being booted in the recovery the device should be recognized as usb storage. Copy a room to the device and flash it. Then it should boot fine with the new rom.

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges

luivii

Sep 8, 2017
    Hello all! I recently got a soft bricked (?) OPO from my brother. Don't know how it got to the point it is, but i suspect something wrong with the hardware (battery or motherboard). Maybe someone here can help :)

It sometimes goes on bootloops, then low battery-bootloops and sometimes doesn't respond at all when not connected to power (dead battery?). Occasionally i can get it into fastboot mode, but under device manager, it doesn't find anything. Should I just try to replace the battery or is there something more serious going on?

Thanks in advance!
    Oskar

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
    Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Hello all! I recently got a soft bricked (?) OPO from my brother. Don't know how it got to the point it is, but i suspect something wrong with the hardware (battery or motherboard). Maybe someone here can help :)

It sometimes goes on bootloops, then low battery-bootloops and sometimes doesn't respond at all when not connected to power (dead battery?). Occasionally i can get it into fastboot mode, but under device manager, it doesn't find anything. Should I just try to replace the battery or is there something more serious going on?

Thanks in advance!
    Oskar
    TL:DR It does seem like it just needs a battery replacement.

I would take some steps in software first. When connected via USB in fastboot mode, do you get anything with "fastboot devices"? If not, there probably is a problem with your drivers. Get the latest USB driver from Google here.
    Make sure you're using latest ADB and fastboot version: download from Google. If there's still no way to detect your device, uninstall all current related drivers, reboot and install them again. If you managed to get the device detected, proceed. If not, there may be more going on. Do try another computer as well to rule out PC issues.
    Follow this guide to return the device to stock but SKIP STEP 4! Then wipe again and install whatever ROM you like. If it's still not working fine after that, a battery replacement should do the trick.

Adelsch

Sep 9, 2017
    Hi. I have OP3T.
    My screen lock doesn't work. I tried to turn off the smart lock, still doesn't work. I also tried to switch the type of the screen lock from pattern, pin, password. All of it doesn't. Everybody can swipe my screen and it didn't unlocked. It looks like swipe, pattern, pin, passwords are only swipe.
    I'm sorry dor my bad english im not a native speaker..

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
    Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    Hi. I have OP3T.
    My screen lock doesn't work. I tried to turn off the smart lock, still doesn't work. I also tried to switch the type of the screen lock from pattern, pin, password. All of it doesn't. Everybody can swipe my screen and it didn't unlocked. It looks like swipe, pattern, pin, passwords are only swipe.
    I'm sorry dor my bad english im not a native speaker..

You should ask this in a OnePlus 3T forum - This is OnePlus One Q&A ;)

Reactions: Adelsch

vijay_968

Dec 9, 2011
    Bengaluru
    Should I replace "Full Screen" or replace just "Digitizer" for my OnePlus ONE

Hi Friends,
    My OP1 was going great... until recently. Two weeks ago, few cracks have appeared on the screen. Touch is still PERFECT and I am able to use ALL the Apps. Only trouble is that the crack lines are visitble in every FRAME. Please see the attached Pics.

View attachment 4275761

View attachment 4275762

As per a nearby repair shop, the entire front panel is to be replaced for about USD 100. As I have already spent a total of USD 300 on earlier three damaged screen occasions, I decided NOT to repair my OP1 and get a new Phone.

But, curiosity got the better of me... has the entire LCD Screen assembly went bad or just the Touch Screen Digitizer Glass" is bad ? I am a novice in this field, So I seek answers from members. Available choices from e-Bay are:

Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Lens:
    Like (THIS ONE or THIS ONE).

Entire "LCD Screen Display + Touch Digitizer + Frame" :
    Like THIS ONE.

I will buy your recommendation and get it assembled thro a local technician. For under USD 50, I would then have a great backup phone. What do you guys advice ?

Thanks in advance.

Mbuuqw

Jun 4, 2017
    Fontana
    So I, being the genius I am, uninstalled an unofficial MM OxygenOS build to jump over to MIUI and I wiped everything off of the phone. Now I can't use the phone as an MTP device to push the files to the storage and flash them. I tried adb sideloading, but that just returned an "error: closed" The computer makes the device connected noise and flashes the file explorer window but the phone isn't showing up anywhere. Disk manager doesn't show it and it appears as "Generic Android Device" on the device manager.

dansou901

Recognized Contributor
    Apr 10, 2012
    Aachen
    OnePlus Nord
    So I, being the genius I am, uninstalled an unofficial MM OxygenOS build to jump over to MIUI and I wiped everything off of the phone. Now I can't use the phone as an MTP device to push the files to the storage and flash them. I tried adb sideloading, but that just returned an "error: closed" The computer makes the device connected noise and flashes the file explorer window but the phone isn't showing up anywhere. Disk manager doesn't show it and it appears as "Generic Android Device" on the device manager.
    Try to flash via OTG if you have an OTG cable. Or flash via fastboot after obtaining the image files from flashable zip (am not sure if this is possible, but it's worth a try)

crazykas

Jun 11, 2011
    Colombo
    hey can someone help me out please..I gave away my OPO a year ago and i got i yesterday in order to flash a ROM. When i got the device, it was in a boot-loop. previously it has a MM custom ROM with unlocked bootloader. However i flash final factory files (cm-13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-bacon-signed-fastboot_64GB) via fastboot and faced a boot-loop again ! I tried flashing unsigned one using stock ROM zip, i again i faced a boot-loop. I flashed latest TWRP (3.1.1) and tried to flash ROMs, signed zip but during the flashing process phone rebooted and got in a boot loop again. I donno what else to try. Please help me.

sr.arenisca

May 21, 2015
    Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
    hey can someone help me out please..I gave away my OPO a year ago and i got i yesterday in order to flash a ROM. When i got the device, it was in a boot-loop. previously it has a MM custom ROM with unlocked bootloader. However i flash final factory files (cm-13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-bacon-signed-fastboot_64GB) via fastboot and faced a boot-loop again ! I tried flashing unsigned one using stock ROM zip, i again i faced a boot-loop. I flashed latest TWRP (3.1.1) and tried to flash ROMs, signed zip but during the flashing process phone rebooted and got in a boot loop again. I donno what else to try. Please help me.

Try this method https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-return-opo-to-100-stock-t2826541

Or

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unbrick-oneplus-one-t3013732

one-dev

Oct 23, 2017
    Are there any ways to recover, extract my user data after wipe by "fastboot oem unlock" on OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11 ?

I can copy image of /data partition after that but not sure what is the way to recover my data?

Gaukler_Faun

Aug 10, 2012
    Near Karlsruhe
    github.com
    Can I flash ressurection remix on marshmellow or should I go back to kitkat then flash rr?
    Just make a nandroid backup, backup your user apps and make a clean flash. It should work without any problems. Also in the thread read the op. There are step by step instructions. And read also the last view pages. If there are major problems with the current release, they will be discussed there.

Regards
    Gaukler Faun

How to fix this...
    sorry if this out of topic or doesn't belong in here I am new to moding/custom rom and this is my first attempt

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-09-12-01-31.png
      Screenshot_2017-11-09-12-01-31.png
      180.5 KB · Views: 52

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
    Sep 13, 2010
    Cardiff
    spannaa.com
    How to fix this...
    sorry if this out of topic or doesn't belong in here I am new to moding/custom rom and this is my first attempt

Don't ask the same question in two different threads - it's against XDA rules ;)

The update-binary is in the zip where it's meant to be so I'm guessing (as you didn't give any details) that you need to update your TWRP recovery.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
      for
      Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
      [/SIZE]​
      [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
      redLine.png
      List of supporters
      ... @Heisenberg
      ... @dansou901
      ...​
      To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
      If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
      Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
      Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
      If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
      Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
      Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
      I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
      An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
      Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
      • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
      • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
      • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
      So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone