[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Search This thread

Xing-Xong

Mar 14, 2019
[HELP PLEASE] I have ported TWRP recovery for my device but the /Data partition is not mounting and other partitions like /System is mounting and is accessible. Can anyone help me with this ? :confused: .. And also my TWRP theme is inverted upside/down .. But the touch is okay .. Just the theme got rotated 180° .. :confused:

DEVICE : MICROMAX CANVAS MUSIC M1
MODEL : Q4261
CHIPSET : MT6737M

HELP PLEASE !! :angel:

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
spannaa.com
[HELP PLEASE] I have ported TWRP recovery for my device but the /Data partition is not mounting and other partitions like /System is mounting and is accessible. Can anyone help me with this ? :confused: .. And also my TWRP theme is inverted upside/down .. But the touch is okay .. Just the theme got rotated 180° .. :confused:

DEVICE : MICROMAX CANVAS MUSIC M1
MODEL : Q4261
CHIPSET : MT6737M

HELP PLEASE !! :angel:
Not sure why you're asking this in a OnePlus One forum thread...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

ChrisHagel

Apr 22, 2020
hi guys, is there still a version of the toolbox for the oneplusone, thats not just saying "go **** yourself" when u click on the download link? id like to root and flash my OPO rn, and would be greatful, if one could help me out with a real source, thats not trying to trick people. thanks a lot

btw its the 64GB version. what kind of more info is needed to be given to be appropriate with the infos?

Last edited:

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    hi guys, is there still a version of the toolbox for the oneplusone, thats not just saying "go **** yourself" when u click on the download link? id like to root and flash my OPO rn, and would be greatful, if one could help me out with a real source, thats not trying to trick people. thanks a lot

btw its the 64GB version. what kind of more info is needed to be given to be appropriate with the infos?

As mentioned before, tools are the last thing you need with Bacon. You'll find an easy to follow guide in my signature. And go easy on the language, this is a family friendly place ;)

Wrapped with delicious Fajita [emoji896]

ChrisHagel

Apr 22, 2020
    Thx for reply

As mentioned before, tools are the last thing you need with Bacon. You'll find an easy to follow guide in my signature. And go easy on the language, this is a family friendly place ;)

Wrapped with delicious Fajita [emoji896]

hi m8. i didnt want to use the strong language - i just posted what was behind all of the links i found, so no pun intended. i am a noob and havent done any rooting, flashing or what not before.
    so i am looking for the most "safe" way to not mess anything up. thats why i thought a toolbox is what serves me best (digital gap conf)
    thx for helping out

xdomisx

Oct 24, 2011
    Can i use a bluetooth mouse connceted via usb otg during initial phone setup ? I want to reuse my OPO so i want to unlock the bootloader, however the phone has suffered quite a few falls throughout it's lifetime so the buttons and the screen right up to the point where the onscreen buttons are doesn't work. I want to know if i could connect my mouse in a case i couldn't click something during the setup

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
    Kraków
    nz.geoview.info
    Can i use a bluetooth mouse connceted via usb otg during initial phone setup ? I want to reuse my OPO so i want to unlock the bootloader, however the phone has suffered quite a few falls throughout it's lifetime so the buttons and the screen right up to the point where the onscreen buttons are doesn't work. I want to know if i could connect my mouse in a case i couldn't click something during the setup

The mouse does not work in OxygenOS 2.1.4. That is, it doesn't work by default. You can enable USB OTG support, but since your screen is damaged, you probably won't be able to enable it in Settings -> Storage -> OTG storage

However, it works fine in some versions of the stock ROM.
    Connect the mouse to the OTG cable and check it yourself.
    What are you afraid of? :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-01-02-06-03.png
      Screenshot_2020-05-01-02-06-03.png
      125.8 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

xdomisx

Oct 24, 2011
    The mouse does not work in OxygenOS 2.1.4. That is, it doesn't work by default. You can enable USB OTG support, but since your screen is damaged, you probably won't be able to enable it in Settings -> Storage -> OTG storage

However, it works fine in some versions of the stock ROM.
    Connect the mouse to the OTG cable and check it yourself.
    What are you afraid of? :confused:

I did test the mouse and it worked. The thing that i'm afraid of is that when i'll unlock the bootloader and boot into my phone to do the initial setup since it's gonna get wiped, i won't be able to click anything at the very bottom of the screen if i need to. If i could know that the connecting a mouse at that point would work, that would solve the problem. Either a mouse, or an ability to just flip the screen into landscape to move any buttons i'll need to click. If anyone knows if either is possible, let me know.

edit: is there a rom that doesn't have that initial setup (language, timezone etc.) and loads straight into os ? i was looking at some videos where people went through the cyanogenmod setup and you need to click next on the very bottom right side, where my screen doesn't work.

Last edited:

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
    Kraków
    nz.geoview.info
    I did test the mouse and it worked. The thing that i'm afraid of is that when i'll unlock the bootloader and boot into my phone to do the initial setup since it's gonna get wiped, i won't be able to click anything at the very bottom of the screen if i need to. If i could know that the connecting a mouse at that point would work, that would solve the problem. Either a mouse, or an ability to just flip the screen into landscape to move any buttons i'll need to click. If anyone knows if either is possible, let me know.

edit: is there a rom that doesn't have that initial setup (language, timezone etc.) and loads straight into os ? i was looking at some videos where people went through the cyanogenmod setup and you need to click next on the very bottom right side, where my screen doesn't work.

I may be wrong because I don't remember how it was done,
    but it seems to me that after unlocking the bootloader you can immediately flash TWRP or CM,
    because in my OOS 2.1.4 I do not see the option "Update recovery with system updates"
    described in point 2 of the "Unlock/Root/Flash for OnePlus One" guide.
    Carefully read the last paragraphs in point 2.

In CM11 the setup interface is simple and you will probably be able to turn on screen rotation,
    and maybe even the mouse will work immediately.
    You will need a modified TWRP interface to install the Custom ROM.
    I described how to do it in the post "Trick with changing the TWRP graphical interface".

Try because you have nothing to lose.

Disneyschumi

Sep 12, 2015
    Oneplus 1 Stuck in Bootloop

Hi Guys,

I have old Oneplus 1 which is stuck in bootloop, and not able to go into Recovery with Volume Down and Power button but it will go to Fastboot, Not used the phone in long time it has TRWP and Running lineage OS 14.1, If anyone can guide me to the Post or tutorial on how to recovery or flash using any simple Tool out there will help. Also the device is not being recognised on my System running on Windows 10 even after having Universal ADB drivers, But my Oneplus 5 get detected.

Thanks a Lot

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
    Mar 10, 2013
    Sèvres
    Hi Guys,

I have old Oneplus 1 which is stuck in bootloop, and not able to go into Recovery with Volume Down and Power button but it will go to Fastboot, Not used the phone in long time it has TRWP and Running lineage OS 14.1, If anyone can guide me to the Post or tutorial on how to recovery or flash using any simple Tool out there will help. Also the device is not being recognised on my System running on Windows 10 even after having Universal ADB drivers, But my Oneplus 5 get detected.

Thanks a Lot

Boot to fast boot, connect to pc, download "bacon root toolkit", boot using toolkit to recovery... put files on the device, flash, fixed...

thunderay

Apr 1, 2020
    Hi everyone! Good to see you're all fine and still kicking on this thread! :p

It's been a month since my last post here (wow) and a lot happened so I didn't progress that much on my OPO yet. But at least backups are reeeeally almost done, so soon I'll get to the good (and scary) part! :fingers-crossed:

But I can't help but wonder, those who did this process on your OPO... Were you able to upgrade the Android 6.0.1? I should do that before getting another ROM, right? Which custom ROM did you choose? Did you change the Kernel? :confused:

I've been thinking about this during this month, I'm terrible with making decisions, so your insight would really help me. I know choosing a custom ROM is kinda personal, but I really have no idea which should I choose. My OPO has a lot of issues, but I can live with them. If it wasn't that game not working, I'd never even think of doing this. ? Oh but the biggest issue is that the power button is starting to not working.... I'm scared he might turn off and I can never turn it on again because of this. Any advice? Should I take that button off the phone or something? ?

Oh, and bonus question: when you upgrade from your OPO, which phone did you choose? I love my OPO a lot, but have been thinking about getting a new phone. I really want another OnePlus tho! I'm very satisfied with mine. I've been thinking about the 7T Pro because I love the front camera SO MUCH (My area is design so I'm very influenced by that when getting something lol), but it makes me sad that there's no notification leds anymore :(

As always, thank you very much for your replies!! I missed this forum hehe :)

wbb1

Apr 3, 2012
    I have old oneplus1 that was heavily modded but only works on giffgaff network.
    I want to unlock it and install linageos but need to factory reset it back to original os.

Can someone link me to proper way to restore phone back to factory os so so phone is all clean so i can reinstall newest lineageos and get my phone unlocked again.

also will i need to reset radio/twrp/kernel aswell as i believe they are all custom.

If i can get linked original for all i can reset it asap.

Soumitra k

Nov 2, 2020
    Hello. I recently installed a Lineage OS 17.1 on my oneplus one device. Everything is working fine except Screen mirroring and sim card. Phone gets switched off when i try to connect it to TV. And sim card is not working, it shows emergency call only or no service.

Pls help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
      for
      Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
      [/SIZE]​
      [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Oneplus One

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
      redLine.png
      List of supporters
      ... @Heisenberg
      ... @dansou901
      ...​
      To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
      If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
      Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
      Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
      If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
      Hi.

So I have gone through and done a bit of tidying up of some off topic that was starting to get messy.

As a reminder, let's all remember that while this is an English speaking forum, not everyone speaks English as a first language and it may be harder to understand and communicate at times. I certainly can't speak any German or Japanese, or many other languages. That being said, it is very important for anyone that is having a problem and needs help, to do their absolute best to explain their problem/question in the clearest, most precise way that they can. You are more likely to get the help that you need if you do, and it will cause less confusion and frustration both for the person seeking help, and the person volunteering their time and knowledge to help with the problem.

Alright, let's get back on track and be sure to stay civil and respectful to everyone. :good:

even @GermainZ (Hi buddy!)
      Yes i am y r u moany at everyone that asks a simple question ive seen u do it in other responces we only need ur help not attitude next time think i wont bother asking

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
      I'm "moaning" because I'm being kind enough to take time out of my day to try to help you, the least you could do is pay attention to the help you're being given. Asking the same question over and over and not actually absorbing the response only wastes both of our time. Provide links to other "moaning" responses of mine please and I'll give you perfectly rational and fair reasons for the tone of my post. I'm here to help you, and I'm putting in effort to do so, but it's only fair that you put in the effort too because you're the one benefiting from this.

Transmitted via Bacon
      An answer for all the people asking how to increase battery life !!
      Frankly, I beg to differ. I have endured your video (yes, all of it) and must disapprove of it, especially in this thread. It is filled with controversial and dangerous changes that may jeopardize the integrity of the Android system and functionality in general. Some examples:
      • You speak badly of Greenify because it disables background application while earlier in the video you actually disabled background processes aggressively in developer settings. I'd like to remind you that Greenify has very clever algorithms to hibernate (not kill!) applications and has an excellent reputation in the Android ecosystem.
      • You're telling people to turn off ALL syncing processes without warning them of the implications. No syncing means no contact/calendar/notes backups and a pretty significant gap in user experience.
      • Saying that installing Xposed is easy, is true. But rendering an Android system useless with Xposed is easy as well. Please don't advertise this very powerful suite as 'another battery saving app'. Also, it's important to note that Xposed is not relevant to Nougat users for the time being.

Sizzled with Bacon
      So if you don't get a invite can you still buy the device.Does anyone know how much it will cost. And who makes and sells the device. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone